Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PNP Applicants (Within Canada) - Share your timelines

PNP Applicants (Within Canada) - Share your timelines

Old Apr 20th 2012, 12:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: PNP Applicants (Within Canada) - Share your timelines

Originally Posted by snowcandy
Thanks Woolstie...your turn next!
Fingers and toes crossed. I reckon, we'll find out either the end of next month (going off other similar timelines), the beginning of July (the full 15 month processing time), or mid-August (I ordered our CAIPS notes and the date in August pops up as a completion by date).

Hopefully it will be sooner rather than later.

Have a great weekend celebrating!
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 10:16 pm
Just Joined

BC girl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BcBound
Currently on TWP

Applied for Nomination - End Nov 2010 (BC)
Received Nomination - End Feb 2011

Applied to Buffalo - Start March 2011 (Buffalo)
Fee Payments processed - Start May 2011
Email confirming Application Received - End Aug 2011
Medical Request - End Sept 2011
Medicals completed - Mid Oct 2011
Med's received update on ECAS - End Nov 2011
Address disappeared on ECAS - End Jan 2012
File Transfered to LA - Start Feb 2012 (No ECAS Update)
Application "In Process" (ECAS)- End March 2012
Passport Request (Email)- End of March 2012

PPR email arrived a few days after "In Process" update on ECAS.
LA office certainly a bonus for us. PR will probably be a total of 14 months if there are no issues with passport return.

I hope my good fortune spreads to the rest of the people waiting.
Hello guys

I have been told I should qualify for PNP (by a consultant). My question is this; how much money do you need to have in your bank account when submitting the application? As by the time I move (if I get a visa) I will only have few thousand pounds; enough to cover me for a few months while I settle into a job (or can't get one until I have a visa). Some employers won't take you unless you have a some kind of status in Canada, especially the public service-where I would like to work as I am a civil servant.
Contrary to what people believe unless you are very high up in the civil service your salary is not that great. But I want a better qualify of live.
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 11:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BC girl
Hello guys

I have been told I should qualify for PNP (by a consultant). My question is this; how much money do you need to have in your bank account when submitting the application? As by the time I move (if I get a visa) I will only have few thousand pounds; enough to cover me for a few months while I settle into a job (or can't get one until I have a visa). Some employers won't take you unless you have a some kind of status in Canada, especially the public service-where I would like to work as I am a civil servant.
Contrary to what people believe unless you are very high up in the civil service your salary is not that great. But I want a better qualify of live.
It varies depending on whether you have dependents or not. Are you coming alone?
Old Apr 24th 2012, 3:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Mad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond repute

Thought I'd share
Just checked the status of our application for immigration and it stated
decsion made and the following note was entered:

We received your application for permanent residence on November 15, 2010.
We started processing your application on February 23, 2012.
Medical results have been received.
A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.
Hopefully it won't be too long before we get the letter telling us it is all positive.

Hoping all within our time lines hear very soon also.
Old Apr 24th 2012, 12:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mad Jockette
Thought I'd share

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.
Hopefully it won't be too long before we get the letter telling us it is all positive.

For goodness sakes why can't they just say they are happy and welcome to Canada...details to follow!
Old Apr 24th 2012, 4:10 pm
Don't call me MOM!!

snowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of light

Thought I'd share

How long have they had your passports now, that is crazy

Hope you hear soon
Old Apr 25th 2012, 12:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Mad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DandNHill
For goodness sakes why can't they just say they are happy and welcome to Canada...details to follow!
I suppose they can't make it that simple and they wouldn't have us poor hardworking people stressing out

We are just glad that the light at the end of the tunnel is so much brighter.
Hoping all others within and around our timelines hear positive news very soon
Old Apr 25th 2012, 12:49 am
BE Enthusiast

How long have they had your passports now, that is crazy

Hope you hear soon
Hi Snowcandy
They have had the photocopied passport pages since around 23rd Feb and then they requested more info 24th Feb, they had that since 9th March.
So in total it took 6 weeks to update ECAS.

Now just awaiting the COPR to be delivered, hopefully
Old Apr 25th 2012, 6:50 pm
Don't call me MOM!!

snowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Snowcandy
They have had the photocopied passport pages since around 23rd Feb and then they requested more info 24th Feb, they had that since 9th March.
So in total it took 6 weeks to update ECAS.

Now just awaiting the COPR to be delivered, hopefully
Blimey, you must be so frustrated as this last stage is taking so long, can't understand why it takes ages to finalise

I am getting irritated with our lawyer (well OH's company's lawyer) he has had our passports almost a week and only just couriered them to Buffalo this morning God knows how long we are looking at before COPR now. BTW I see you just sent photocopies of the relevant pages as have others, wonder why the lawyer wanted the actual passports
Here's hoping they don't go astray
Old Apr 26th 2012, 1:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Blimey, you must be so frustrated as this last stage is taking so long, can't understand why it takes ages to finalise

I am getting irritated with our lawyer (well OH's company's lawyer) he has had our passports almost a week and only just couriered them to Buffalo this morning God knows how long we are looking at before COPR now. BTW I see you just sent photocopies of the relevant pages as have others, wonder why the lawyer wanted the actual passports
Here's hoping they don't go astray
your Passports are safe.
That is annoying that the lawyer kept them for a while.

The instructions on the e-mail stated that:

Note: As of December 1, 2011, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) will no longer issue a Permanent Resident counterfoil to applicants from visa exempt countries. All applicants approved for permanent residence, whether they hold a passport from a visa exempt country or from a country requiring a visa for Canada, will continue to be issued a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) document.

Please consult our website for a complete list of visa exempt countries: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/v...p#exemptionsIf you and/or your dependent(s) hold a passport from a visa exempt country, this office will NOT require your/their passport(s) to finalize your application.

Only submit the passport(s) for those persons who require a visa for Canada. Citizens of a visa-exempt country must submit a clear photocopy of every page in their valid passport ( Please use double sided, or if you prefer not to make copies, you can still submit the original passports).

Hoping all will be finalised for us all very soon
Old Apr 26th 2012, 3:16 am
Don't call me MOM!!

your Passports are safe.
That is annoying that the lawyer kept them for a while.

The instructions on the e-mail stated that:

Note: As of December 1, 2011, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) will no longer issue a Permanent Resident counterfoil to applicants from visa exempt countries. All applicants approved for permanent residence, whether they hold a passport from a visa exempt country or from a country requiring a visa for Canada, will continue to be issued a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) document.

Please consult our website for a complete list of visa exempt countries: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/v...p#exemptionsIf you and/or your dependent(s) hold a passport from a visa exempt country, this office will NOT require your/their passport(s) to finalize your application.

Only submit the passport(s) for those persons who require a visa for Canada. Citizens of a visa-exempt country must submit a clear photocopy of every page in their valid passport ( Please use double sided, or if you prefer not to make copies, you can still submit the original passports).

Hoping all will be finalised for us all very soon
Thanks for that. The lawyer is well and truly in our bad books now, he told us to get passport photos to go off with the passports and not immigration photos. We thought it was wrong but couldn't get hold of him, even the guy at Costco photo shop said these are not the right ones for immigration. 6 days after he receives the couriered package he emails saying we sent the wrong photos.

No happy bunnies here tonight, had to drag the kids on another trip to Costco, then hang about eating crappy pasta samples etc whilst we waited for the pics
Old Apr 26th 2012, 3:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for that. The lawyer is well and truly in our bad books now, he told us to get passport photos to go off with the passports and not immigration photos. We thought it was wrong but couldn't get hold of him, even the guy at Costco photo shop said these are not the right ones for immigration. 6 days after he receives the couriered package he emails saying we sent the wrong photos.

No happy bunnies here tonight, had to drag the kids on another trip to Costco, then hang about eating crappy pasta samples etc whilst we waited for the pics
I am not surprised you are unhappy. Can you not deduct some of his fee for incompetence, extra cost of photo's etc

Hang in there, we have all come through so much stress with this process. it will be well worth it in the end.

Take care
Mandy
Old Apr 26th 2012, 3:39 am
Don't call me MOM!!

I am not surprised you are unhappy. Can you not deduct some of his fee for incompetence, extra cost of photo's etc

Hang in there, we have all come through so much stress with this process. it will be well worth it in the end.

Take care
Mandy
Luckily hubby's employer is footing the bill

Hey, the thing I am really looking forward to is being able to have a proper night's sleep when this is all over
Old May 3rd 2012, 7:38 am
Just Joined

bela is an unknown quantity at this point

Is IELTs now required if you re applying under PNP?
Old May 10th 2012, 4:18 am
Forum Regular

Duckman is just really niceDuckman is just really niceDuckman is just really niceDuckman is just really niceDuckman is just really niceDuckman is just really niceDuckman is just really niceDuckman is just really nice

Originally Posted by bela
Is IELTs now required if you re applying under PNP?
Yes, federally. If you've already applied at a time when you didn't need them, you're ok.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.