Working in Sweden

Old May 13th 2008, 11:10 am
Just Joined

Kirsty1128 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Working in Sweden

Hi,

I am new to this forum and not sure if i am posting in the correct section.

I am moving with my husband to live in Sweden this summer and am desperately trying to find employment.

Can anybody suggest any website i can look on?

Many Thanks,
Kirsty
Old May 13th 2008, 11:16 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Working in Sweden

Hi Kirsty welcome to the forum this is a little in the wrong place but im sure someone will move it in a mo. Or maybe not?

Here is were it should go....

And here is a Swedish job site in English

And Another

Google is your Friend

Last edited by Ka Ora!; May 13th 2008 at 11:21 am.
Old May 13th 2008, 11:26 am
In yonder hills

britex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kirsty1128
Hi,

I am new to this forum and not sure if i am posting in the correct section.

I am moving with my husband to live in Sweden this summer and am desperately trying to find employment.

Can anybody suggest any website i can look on?

Many Thanks,
Kirsty
This looks to be a forum in Swedish covering a variety of topics:

http://forum.aftonbladet.se/index.jspa

---
Old May 14th 2008, 6:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Celtic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of light

Hej, valkommen till sverige!

I've been here since last summer. Which part of Sweden are you moving to?

Finding work in Sweden is incredibly hard if you don't speak the language, but not completely impossible. And Swedish language courses are free.

Someone has already linked The Local and Aftonbladet. The Local has jobs but they are usually high level such as 'global marketing manager' and such like. Aftonbladet is the main newspaper but I do not know much about their job section.

This is the link you really want:

http://www.arbetsformedlingen.se/

This will take you to Arbetsformedlingen, the Swedish equivalent of the Jobcentre. I believe you can register with them before coming to Sweden and I know of at least one person for whom they had work lined up for on arrival. But I think they were very lucky.

They have info in English, click on 'other languages' down on the left hand side.

If you need help with anything, give me a shout. I've already run the gauntlet. (Wait till you get to deal with Migrationsverket, immigration, they're priceless.)