Are you brand loyal?

Old Jul 12th 2009, 9:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are you brand loyal?

it's not a patch on mjs steak...and you have to put up with the tango show...

MM, xx
Old Jul 12th 2009, 9:43 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
it's not a patch on mjs steak...and you have to put up with the tango show...

MM, xx
you know me MM I aint been out in an age! last really good steak we had was at the Grand Hyatt.
Old Jul 12th 2009, 9:50 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
you know me MM I aint been out in an age! last really good steak we had was at the Grand Hyatt.
last good one I had, which was cheap as chips was at St.Tropez at century village, might not be some swanky place but it was pretty damn good.
Old Jul 12th 2009, 9:51 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
last good one I had, which was cheap as chips was at St.Tropez at century village, might not be some swanky place but it was pretty damn good.
that is where Atilla took me on our first date!! we had steak too!
Old Jul 12th 2009, 12:26 pm
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Best beef in the world, bar perhaps the Japanese Wagyu beef, is Brazilian/Argentian beef.

I've had the best of both British and American beef, and the worst of both, and they are more or less identical. In both countries the standard beef off the supermarket shelf is crap, but the proper restaurant and butcher will carry the real stuff. As in both countries, you have to know where to go to get the real stuff.

There's a thriving "green" food, organic and hormone-free movement in the US, as there is in the UK, that is slowly broadening the reach of top quality beef from the privileged few to a wider range of discerning palates.

But the masses, as everywhere they go, consume nothing but crap because they couldn't care less.

Originally Posted by shiva

you really should learn when to quit buddy.

actually I do know a thing or two about beef, for a start my family raise cattle, secondly my uncle is one of "the" most respected and renowned angus breeders in the world, if you've had a championship winning bit of beef anywhere in the world the chances are that it was he who made the award and even more likely that the animal came from his estates blood lines.

the reason your meat is full of fat is that is force fed corn for 12 weeks, confined to a pen and pumped full of chemicals before slaughter, this is because the USDA system of meat grading is fundamentally flawed, meat is awarded a higher grade for fat content than flavour.
American beef is over fatty, over tender, full of chemicals and entirely lacking in substance or flavour oh and just for the record its also less nutritionaly dense with a lower omega 3 to 6 ratio, again a byproduct of slaugtering at too young an age and by finishing them on corn.

Eventually americans will learn that beef should have a texture and flavour.

you are right about 1 thing though, it is damn hard to find good beef in dubai, there is however one restraunt which serves argentinian beef from an estate who get their bulls from my family so when i want a nice steak thats where i go.

dont take my word for it, just google corn fed beef for a good horror story, while your at it ask your friends how they used to raise cattle say 40 yrs ago, i bet they will tell you they were slaughtered at an older age, werent confined to pens or fed corn, then ask them to tell you honestly which beef tasted better...
Old Jul 12th 2009, 12:42 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
for example would you never be seen dead in a pair of Nikes? (I only wear Reeboks), do you only ever buy one brand of watch?
Certainly not. Brand loyalty merely encourages the corporations to exploit you even more. Healthy competition is better.
Old Jul 12th 2009, 12:45 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

A great selection of old photos on the walls...Marlon Brando, Marilyn Munro, that girl from Breakfast in Tiffanys etc.
Old Jul 12th 2009, 12:46 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
A great selection of old photos on the walls...Marlon Brando, Marilyn Munro, that girl from Breakfast in Tiffanys etc.
aye, it's a good place.

They do good mash as well.
Old Jul 12th 2009, 1:09 pm
Concierge

aye, it's a good place.

They do good mash as well.
Old Jul 13th 2009, 12:41 am
Banned

BethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud of

"Best beef in the world, bar perhaps the Japanese Wagyu beef, is Brazilian/Argentian beef".- It is? Or you just think it is? There are about 5 of those high end Brazilian steak houses by me and it's good, but the meat I get is great. So I disagree

"I've had the best of both British and American beef, and the worst of both, and they are more or less identical". You're out of your mind..British beef is so bad that some brits have turned to eating horses.

But the masses, as everywhere they go, consume nothing but crap because they couldn't care less.- Thats pretty harsh, I think they just don't know anybetter

I'm here to tell you that the beef I get can't get anybetter..You know how most beef is red with little white lines running through it? Well my meat is white with little red lines running through it. You people are like the guy who told me the LIVE lobsters I was selling "werent fresh" when you can't get fresher than alive!
Old Jul 13th 2009, 12:49 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BethPageBlack
"Best beef in the world, bar perhaps the Japanese Wagyu beef, is Brazilian/Argentian beef".- It is? Or you just think it is? There are about 5 of those high end Brazilian steak houses by me and it's good, but the meat I get is great. So I disagree
It is generally considered damn good actually...and just because you've eaten at a Brazilian steak house, doesn't mean they've imported the meat...Argentines don't really export the good stuff either so unless you've popped over there, chances are you've not had it.

And the state of the meat in general in the US, much like the cheese is, it's crap, not so much because people don't give a shit, which is probably a good chunk, but most just don't want to pay good money for it, and it's expensive enough as it is for the pretty dire stuff as it is.

Sure you can go looking for great stuff but most people don't have the time or the energy to bother and get what's out there at the local grocery store.
Old Jul 13th 2009, 1:07 am
Banned

BethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bob
It is generally considered damn good actually....

I said "good"- How much difference is there between "good" and "damn good"?

I'm not going to argue about it anymore. After 47 years of traveling the world i'm here to tell you that i'm eating the best meat in the world..And chickens are my favorite animal anyway and we have'nt even discussed the organic free range chickens I can get.
Old Jul 13th 2009, 3:58 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jul 13th 2009, 6:27 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BethPageBlack
I said "good"- How much difference is there between "good" and "damn good"?

I'm not going to argue about it anymore. After 47 years of traveling the world i'm here to tell you that i'm eating the best meat in the world..And chickens are my favorite animal anyway and we have'nt even discussed the organic free range chickens I can get.
BPG, you are as funny as fak, especially when you aren't trying to be.

All this talk of being a meat connoisseur is quite funny, considering that 2 or 3 months ago you were showing us photos of $2 meals that you were having in some flea ridden tac hole in Mexico.

And whatever happened to the launderettes?