Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Worshipping at the temple of Evil!

Worshipping at the temple of Evil!

Old Apr 21st 2013, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

silversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud of
Default Worshipping at the temple of Evil!

AKA - The gym!!! Oh yes, after one too many a Dubai brunch and afternoon tea AND .... the arrival of the extremely hot weather I have finally taken the plunge and visited my local Bodyworx.

I am now the proud owner of a 15 visit flexicard - allowing access to the gym and all classes - oh I am the lucky prizewinner!

But when did exercise become so scary?? - Upon enquiring what the TRX class was I was shown a suspension band that I'm sure has been used in the world's strongest man competition to attach a person to a truck.

Needless to say I left the gym clutching my card feeling mildly sick. - Exercise completed - 0
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 2:48 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Worshipping at the temple of Evil!

Get on the TRX. Really good.
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 8:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Try to avoid the fate of Andrew Marr !
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 4:10 pm
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

just have to bear through the first 7 days, trust me, then it will be fun!
a friend of mine who used to work in a gym told me of a scam common in 'gym-folks' i.e. make it SO difficult and hard for the newbie that he/she will be aching by night-time and crying the next morning so 90% would just run away hence would pay up but never return. Dont know how much of it is true though, but it makes sense though in a way doesnt it
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 4:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

LaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond repute

Well done on joining the gym, but you must make sure you go. And don't be scared of the TRX, it's a great way of doing a variation on push ups if you are not feeling very fit, and you can vary the intensity just by walking forwards (if it's attached to the ceiling). Apparently the TRX was invented by soldiers in Iraq.

I joined a new gym recently, uEnergy in DIFC. I am very, very happy with the place, equipment, training, service... I would highly recommend it.
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

silversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud of

Thanks Layla, today no gym and ate a Mars Bar! Tomorrow I'm going to attempt 'Fight Worx' - we'll see how that one goes :-)
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 6:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

LaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by silversilver
Thanks Layla, today no gym and ate a Mars Bar! Tomorrow I'm going to attempt 'Fight Worx' - we'll see how that one goes :-)
Report back to us.
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 6:53 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

try doing a PX90 workout .
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 7:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
try doing a PX90 workout .
That's P90X. Kid's play...Insanity is the way to go .
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 7:22 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alexa
That's P90X. Kid's play...Insanity is the way to go .
depends how long you do it for !!
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 8:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
depends how long you do it for !!
Errm, it's a set program.
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 1:05 pm

buy you can adapt it.