World Cup on TV in UAE

Old Jun 8th 2010, 7:24 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: World Cup on TV in UAE

Originally Posted by busybee2
yeh didnt i say that there are plenty shops on the corniche side of electra ie lifeline and not sands hotel, i bought mine from the first one i saw which was right by the underpass. humax decoders will work i believe they can be bought in car4 and such like. i have the osn hd one and you cannot put it in there, but it does have a card slot, but this new box of tricks will only accept the osn card.
Had a better look at the OSN HD box tonight, and it does have a card slot. Tried the Al J card in that, but as you say doesn't work. Above the card slot is another, bigger slot, which will accept an adapter (a "cam"?) into which a card fits. Anyone know if Al J card + adapater + OSN HD box will work, before I fork out for a Humax box? (Yeah, I am tight, I'm from Yorkshire.) Gonna be an expensive World Cup.
Old Jun 8th 2010, 7:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Had a better look at the OSN HD box tonight, and it does have a card slot. Tried the Al J card in that, but as you say doesn't work. Above the card slot is another, bigger slot, which will accept an adapter (a "cam"?) into which a card fits. Anyone know if Al J card + adapater + OSN HD box will work, before I fork out for a Humax box? (Yeah, I am tight, I'm from Yorkshire.) Gonna be an expensive World Cup.
you'll need a humax box for the premier league next season anyway
Old Jun 9th 2010, 5:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandboy
you'll need a humax box for the premier league next season anyway
yep as osn dont have the rights anymore, silly them!
Old Jun 9th 2010, 12:29 pm
Just Joined

hobier is an unknown quantity at this point

no need to buy humax....im in the same boat as you but a little difference experience...i got my OSN subscription just few days back when the OSN sales person assured me that Al Jazeera worldcup card will work on the OSN HD BOX.

well today i got the Al Jazeera card and NO it doesnt work...called up OSN and those #@!~# told me that i need to purchase a CAM from them costing 20 USD more if i wanna watch jazeera....grrrrrrrrrrrr

i will eventually fork out another 20 USD but will definately cancel the OSN subscription....OSN = SOB Liars.
Old Jun 9th 2010, 1:13 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hobier
no need to buy humax....im in the same boat as you but a little difference experience...i got my OSN subscription just few days back when the OSN sales person assured me that Al Jazeera worldcup card will work on the OSN HD BOX.

well today i got the Al Jazeera card and NO it doesnt work...called up OSN and those #@!~# told me that i need to purchase a CAM from them costing 20 USD more if i wanna watch jazeera....grrrrrrrrrrrr

i will eventually fork out another 20 USD but will definately cancel the OSN subscription....OSN = SOB Liars.
The Al J guy suggested getting the cam, but both he and the OSN guys said they couldn't be sure if it'd work.
Old Jun 9th 2010, 1:37 pm
Just Joined

The Al J guy suggested getting the cam, but both he and the OSN guys said they couldn't be sure if it'd work.
actually the sales people on all OSN outlets dunno jack....i suggest you call their customer care as they are selling the CAM saying it will work...infact when you're on hold they're even advertising on it..
Old Jun 9th 2010, 1:39 pm
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by hobier
actually the sales people on all OSN outlets dunno jack....i suggest you call their customer care as they are selling the CAM saying it will work...infact when you're on hold they're even advertising on it..
I'll try and get one tonight. But I'm out on the lash...gotta get it sorted for the party on Friday or my name will be mud.
Old Jun 10th 2010, 2:10 pm
Just Joined

I'll try and get one tonight. But I'm out on the lash...gotta get it sorted for the party on Friday or my name will be mud.

Dude did it work for u? I jus gt the CAM all jazeerah sports channel working except the worldcup ones it says E16-4 service currently scrambled.....
Old Jun 10th 2010, 8:21 pm
Hit 16's

Didn't have time last night--Belgian bar then somewhere else...

Bought a Humax box today, didn't have time to try it tonight, hope it works tomorrow...
Old Jun 11th 2010, 1:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

qu'est ce que c'est un CAM?
Old Jun 11th 2010, 2:59 pm
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by saudiflares
qu'est ce que c'est un CAM?
CAM ha TV cardo ni irette, sorekara decoder ni ireru no mono desu.