Workload

Old Apr 26th 2018, 6:28 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Workload

Originally Posted by Scamp
Bit of back and forth indeed. Good fun though right?
Feel different to when you first came?

I've just ticked over 7 years here and it's disappeared frankly.
I think back to what I was like when I first arrived and wonder how I'm still alive and managing to do alright.
The UAE has always been busy (my experience, I'm well aware that pre 2000 it was much quieter and a lot of people liked it for that). But it has still changed. Dubai felt smaller in 2006-2010, expat circles were tighter, everyone (and I mean everyone) lived in the same handful of areas close to one another. Every time I went out I always ran into people I knew. Barasti used to be a chill and fun place. I used to pop into there solo without making any plans in advance because I was guaranteed to run into a bunch of mates or coworkers. Outside Dubai the rest of the country was decidedly more provincial and real. The East Coast was literally untouched. There was only a few hotels.

I still like Dubai and the UAE. I think it has a good future.
Old Apr 26th 2018, 6:54 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
The UAE has always been busy (my experience, I'm well aware that pre 2000 it was much quieter and a lot of people liked it for that). But it has still changed. Dubai felt smaller in 2006-2010, expat circles were tighter, everyone (and I mean everyone) lived in the same handful of areas close to one another. Every time I went out I always ran into people I knew. Barasti used to be a chill and fun place. I used to pop into there solo without making any plans in advance because I was guaranteed to run into a bunch of mates or coworkers. Outside Dubai the rest of the country was decidedly more provincial and real. The East Coast was literally untouched. There was only a few hotels.

I still like Dubai and the UAE. I think it has a good future.
Sorry, I meant more about you as a person having spent a while here but still interesting.
Old Apr 26th 2018, 6:58 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Sorry, I meant more about you as a person having spent a while here but still interesting.
I'm older

Yeah, I've changed. We all change. I don't regret my time in the UAE. Just that different things are now more important to me.