Work / Job

Old Dec 13th 2012, 5:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Work / Job

can you do this as a poll so its anon please
Old Dec 13th 2012, 5:52 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cypselos
Singapore is about the same total cost of living wise I found, though the weighting on how you spent the money was a bit different. The quality of life you get for the money is probably higher though.

I say that from the perspective of living here, then there, then moving back to Dub Vegas. Cash in and out was about the same in both cities.
Singapore is good and on my list of 'next destinations to consider', but I've recently been told that Malaysia is cheaper to live with more or less the same standard of living and similar salaries...
Old Dec 13th 2012, 5:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Theseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by norsk
The worst company I have ever worked for in terms of politics and number of complete w@nkers. You will have heard of them. They are a well known and admired local company! I was brought in specifically to kick ass and clean up an important programme with stakeholders in more or less every department.

Everything was good in the beginning, but after a while I discovered that almost all stakeholders were working against me. To give you an idea of how bad it has been, a couple of directors went to the CEO to try to get me fired after 6 weeks. Didn't work of course. Result was that I adopted a strict 'I will ***** you before you ***** me' policy from the minute I found out. As you can imagine this means that I 'love' my job. Not!

Anyway. Not long left. I hope!
Mine is almost exactly the same job and politics type stuff. F***ing nightmare
Old Dec 13th 2012, 5:54 am
Forum Regular

Equestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Scamp
Do you expect / want to be in the same job or company this time next year?
Expect? Most definitely not if the AD housing rule for government employees is actually enforced .... ho hum.

Want? Hmm not sure, am thinking of possible bigger and better things for the next CV entry if I am effectively forced to resign from current role in current city.
Old Dec 13th 2012, 6:00 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Same company, but China (maybe).
Old Dec 13th 2012, 6:49 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by norsk
The worst company I have ever worked for in terms of politics and number of complete w@nkers. You will have heard of them. They are a well known and admired local company! I was brought in specifically to kick ass and clean up an important programme with stakeholders in more or less every department.

Everything was good in the beginning, but after a while I discovered that almost all stakeholders were working against me. To give you an idea of how bad it has been, a couple of directors went to the CEO to try to get me fired after 6 weeks. Didn't work of course. Result was that I adopted a strict 'I will ***** you before you ***** me' policy from the minute I found out. As you can imagine this means that I 'love' my job. Not!

Anyway. Not long left. I hope!
Crikey.
Old Dec 13th 2012, 6:54 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

As I am a partner in the business it will cost them a chunk of money to get rid of me and I certainly won't be going anywhere fast. I need to hang around just to piss myself at the almighty F up that is going to be the WC 2022...........
Old Dec 13th 2012, 7:53 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by britexpat76
As I am a partner in the business it will cost them a chunk of money to get rid of me and I certainly won't be going anywhere fast. I need to hang around just to piss myself at the almighty F up that is going to be the WC 2022...........
Well you say that, but as we'll be one of the major software contractors for it....

Yeah, you're right, it will be!
Old Dec 13th 2012, 9:52 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

I don't really have a job as such, I work for myself doing several things. For the main earner, not planning a major change and they love me far too much to want me to leave! I'm their best PR.

I have a plan for a book and I'd like to try and fit that in next year, but I am busy enough year round with all the different occupations as it is.
Old Dec 13th 2012, 10:16 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
I don't really have a job as such, I work for myself doing several things. For the main earner, not planning a major change and they love me far too much to want me to leave! I'm their best PR.

I have a plan for a book and I'd like to try and fit that in next year, but I am busy enough year round with all the different occupations as it is.
the best way to live imho. more stressful usually but way more satisfying
Old Dec 13th 2012, 10:27 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
the best way to live imho. more stressful usually but way more satisfying
It's never boring
Old Dec 13th 2012, 12:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Change of job? No, I am employed for life. Change of location...well, one can hope....
Old Dec 13th 2012, 12:33 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

I have been thinking about getting a job, a proper one in an office etc, only thinking mind ...
Old Dec 13th 2012, 12:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I have been thinking about getting a job, a proper one in an office etc, only thinking mind ...
Well, knowing you, something extraordinary will most likely fall into your lap...
Old Dec 13th 2012, 12:55 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alexa
Well, knowing you, something extraordinary will most likely fall into your lap...
that would be nice, getting a job round school hours is not easy, that is why House of Colour suits so well