Work / Job

Old Dec 13th 2012, 4:23 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Work / Job

Do you expect / want to be in the same job or company this time next year?
Old Dec 13th 2012, 4:36 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Work / Job

Before any panics or assumes the worst, this is not for any report, or research or anything stupid like that.

It's just curiosity.
Old Dec 13th 2012, 4:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

I hope to be in the same job until I retire.........

.......... however, I expect to be fired well before that............
Old Dec 13th 2012, 4:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Same employer - Just resigned to my contract to end of 2015.

Same location (for 2013 at least)

Maybe a different job. We shall see - lots more office politics to play first
Old Dec 13th 2012, 4:47 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Same location (for 2013 at least)
Not managed to convince the Mrs that Erbil really is a holiday destination?
Old Dec 13th 2012, 4:48 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Nope. Definitely not...
Old Dec 13th 2012, 4:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Not managed to convince the Mrs that Erbil really is a holiday destination?
Sod that - Singapore.
Old Dec 13th 2012, 4:52 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Sod that - Singapore.
More expensive than here, no?
Old Dec 13th 2012, 4:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Cypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to behold

Singapore is about the same total cost of living wise I found, though the weighting on how you spent the money was a bit different. The quality of life you get for the money is probably higher though.

I say that from the perspective of living here, then there, then moving back to Dub Vegas. Cash in and out was about the same in both cities.

Last edited by Cypselos; Dec 13th 2012 at 4:58 am.
Old Dec 13th 2012, 5:01 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by norsk
Nope. Definitely not...
Shit company?

Originally Posted by Cypselos
Singapore is about the same total cost of living wise I found, though the weighting on how you spent the money was a bit different. The quality of life you get for the money is probably higher though.

I say that from the perspective of living here, then there, then moving back to Dub Vegas. Cash in and out was about the same in both cities.
Interesting, it's somewhere I want to visit. Want to try and get the F1 into the trip but know it will be so expensive.
Old Dec 13th 2012, 5:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Cypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to behold

The GP is definitely worth the trip. Incomparable to what they put on here. Everything is on the inside of the circuit, so once you're in you can get to everything (provided you get the premium walk about ticket), the food, as always in Singers is superb, the bars are great. You can get right down next to the track. And it's hard to overstate how in the centre it is - you wander out straight into the busiest bits of the city, so there's no messing about wasting your life on transport before you get to the pub.

Only sporting event that comes close to it is the Hongky 7s.

On your original question yes to the company, and yes to the role, unless something pops up in another division - we're very flat so it's me then the MD currently, and she's not going anywhere.
Old Dec 13th 2012, 5:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

More expensive than here, no?
Kind of my concern - and ultimately I'm a whore for money.
Old Dec 13th 2012, 5:14 am

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

Nope....
Old Dec 13th 2012, 5:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Theseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond repute

I think this project will be pretty much finished this time next year. Although there is further work to do following that. However I hope to have moved on to something else by then.

I was also thinking Singapore.
Old Dec 13th 2012, 5:44 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Shit company?
The worst company I have ever worked for in terms of politics and number of complete w@nkers. You will have heard of them. They are a well known and admired local company! I was brought in specifically to kick ass and clean up an important programme with stakeholders in more or less every department.

Everything was good in the beginning, but after a while I discovered that almost all stakeholders were working against me. To give you an idea of how bad it has been, a couple of directors went to the CEO to try to get me fired after 6 weeks. Didn't work of course. Result was that I adopted a strict 'I will ***** you before you ***** me' policy from the minute I found out. As you can imagine this means that I 'love' my job. Not!

Anyway. Not long left. I hope!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.