Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

This won't help things in UK

This won't help things in UK

Old May 23rd 2013, 1:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Theseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This won't help things in UK

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
but some do and they all get free healthcare and education,that is why they are there. I read somewhere that within 20 years Britain will have a Muslim Prime Minister due to the amount of Muslims in the UK that will make it happen.
Was it on a BNP leaflet? utter twaddle anyway. Scaremongering daily fail type twaddle.

The UK government is a secular authority, our laws are founded on secularism and will remain secular. Sharia Law is not allowed and will never be allowed to become enforceable in the UK.

That does not mean that people cannot come to the UK and worship whichever god or gods or giant turtle they see fit.
Old May 23rd 2013, 1:07 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
In the Daily Mail?
no, it was in the Independent I think, link on FB that I opened a couple of years back
Old May 23rd 2013, 1:08 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Theseus
Was it on a BNP leaflet? utter twaddle anyway. Scaremongering daily fail type twaddle.

The UK government is a secular authority, our laws are founded on secularism and will remain secular. Sharia Law is not allowed and will never be allowed to become enforceable in the UK.

That does not mean that people cannot come to the UK and worship whichever god or gods or giant turtle they see fit.
I didn't say Sharia Law I said we would have a Prime Minister who is Muslim, bit like America saying there would never be a black President ... there are already a lot of Muslims who are local MP's
Old May 23rd 2013, 1:13 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I didn't say Sharia Law I said we would have a Prime Minister who is Muslim, bit like America saying there would never be a black President ... there are already a lot of Muslims who are local MP's
Exactly. Of course it will happen.
Old May 23rd 2013, 1:17 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

So what if there was a Muslim prime minister? He/she is hardly going to be an extremist type.
Old May 23rd 2013, 1:28 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

So what if there was a Muslim prime minister? He/she is hardly going to be an extremist type.
Could be worse, he could be jewish...
Old May 23rd 2013, 1:31 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
I trust thats a joke? Albeit a poor one.

There has been a Jewish Prime Minister in the past - Disraeli.
Old May 23rd 2013, 1:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Kix
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benjamin_Disraeli
Old May 23rd 2013, 1:37 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Originally Posted by Cypselos
So he was born jewish and became a devout Anglican at the age of 12.

So he wasn't jewish by the time he got into parliament was he?

Semantics.
Old May 23rd 2013, 1:42 pm
Bored liberal

Originally Posted by Kix
So he was born jewish and became a devout Anglican at the age of 12.

So he wasn't jewish by the time he got into parliament was he?

Semantics.
Or is that anti-Semetics?
Old May 23rd 2013, 1:56 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Or is that anti-Semetics?
Bum tish!
Old May 23rd 2013, 2:39 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

I hate to use the 'if you don't like it leave' line, but I am puzzled as to why you would chose to live in a country whose values you profess to hate.
That's the one that really winds me up. There are plenty of Islamic states with sharia law. **** off and live in one of those if it means so much to you
Old May 23rd 2013, 3:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I said "I hate to use the 'if you don't like it leave' line, but I am puzzled as to why you would chose to live in a country whose values you profess to hate."
Isn't that what half the posters here do?
Old May 23rd 2013, 3:22 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Isn't that what half the posters here do?
They're only here (there) for the benefits.
Old May 23rd 2013, 3:43 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
They're only here (there) for the benefits.
One slight difference, 100% of us (Brits) have to work and add to the country. No work we go home with 0 help from any governments out here.

When was the last time a British Expat asked for asylum in an Arabic country?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.