Winehouse

Old Jun 20th 2011, 8:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Winehouse

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Dean,

Perhaps you have been lucky in life, I know I am incredibly lucky to be where I am today because I made several shockingly bad choices along the way and could have ended up in prison, dead or an addict, however I managed to turn my life around before I got caught out, my wake up call was a friend dieing from an OD, that was enough to slap me around the face before I hit rock bottom and luckily for me I was at a stage in my life where I was able to significantly change where I was and what I was doing. Not every one is so lucky. So yes I see it as a mistake. Just one bad decision can lead you down a very different path in life.

Like you said you don't know her so who are you to judge her. You have no idea what her experience in life has been- is there a right reson for taking drugs- no of course not- you should know better but how many people on this board have taken a drug of some sort knowing fully well it was illegal and could be addictive etc- I am sure its a fair few- they should have all known better- but for them its worked out ok- for Miss Winehouse shes been consumed by it.

It has nothing to do with her fame and talent- any life that is wasted to drugs and alcohol is a waste and I feel for the girl I really do. Any addiction is hard to break and especially hard when you are still in the same circle doing the same things and having the temptation constantly around you, let alone with the pressure of being in the public eye. If she was your daughter or your friend would you take the moral highground?
Moral high ground? Is that where I am? I suppose I must be....... I've never taken drugs - hell, I've never even had a puff of a cigarette......

I need time to gather my thoughts (Spugsy is attacking me with the full force of his intellect), and I'll have more to say later. Actually there's not much more to say - I remember arguing with people on The Bored a while back about alcoholism, and getting some serious stick. I just find it hard to find sympathy for those whose indiscretions are self-inflicted.........
Old Jun 20th 2011, 8:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

I just find it hard to find sympathy for those whose indiscretions are self-inflicted.........
How do you decide if someone is worthy of your sypmathy then? You actually have a criteria?

Its not always about how you have ended up in the mess your in or where you have come from, sometimes its just enough to recognise that someone really is in a mess and can't get out of it and needs a break. Few of us are perfect Dean.

Last edited by kittycat1; Jun 20th 2011 at 8:59 am.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 9:54 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
Moral high ground? Is that where I am? I suppose I must be....... I've never taken drugs - hell, I've never even had a puff of a cigarette......

I need time to gather my thoughts (Spugsy is attacking me with the full force of his intellect), and I'll have more to say later. Actually there's not much more to say - I remember arguing with people on The Bored a while back about alcoholism, and getting some serious stick. I just find it hard to find sympathy for those whose indiscretions are self-inflicted.........
Direct and to the point for me mate, I think you're talking shit. Simple as that.

The girl has immense talent, she's amazing, unfortunately she's been in a very bad way for a number of years due to drink and drugs, more than likely brought on by lots and lots of personal issues, a lot of people turn to drink when they split up from relationships, I know I have - and with her hanging out with idiots like her ex husband and pete docherty it really hasn't helped her in the slightest.

She should be managed into rehab or somewhere where she will be sorted out, otherwise there's no way her manager should be booking gigs let alone whole tours. I put the blame squarely on his / her / their shoulders.

No-one's perfect mate and we all have problems, you try living your life in the public gaze every single day for years and see how you get on.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 10:07 am
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

I'm actually disgusted - not by her at all, but by the way she's being paraded out like some kind of freak show. There's no other logical way to think about it, since it'd have been perfectly obvious for the managers to see that she was in no fit state. They're just piggy-backing off her continued train-crash of a life.

OK, she hasn't done anything since Back To Black, but hey, I'm not sure anyone can say that she's been able to focus... at all... on anything... let alone producing some more amazing work. A manager worth their salt - and with her interests at heart, should take her off the scene for the next few years, let her lead her life out of the spotlight, do what she has to do and then, with no pressure, re-emerge if that's what she actually wants.

I also think that she's one of these talents who's actually not comfortable performing in front of a large public.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 10:32 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

The problem is she's surrounded by people who are giving her the totally wrong advice , she has a massive problem with Crack , Heroin , downers , pills , booze and anything she can get down her neck or up her nose.

Until that problem is sorted she's not able to make anymore music , Back to Black was a fairly decent album but the master behind that sound was Mark Ronson . I personally don't think she'll be able to make a better record than that , Back to Black was a one off .

Ultimately she has choices and she also has money to make them choices , her choice at the moment is to stay on the Gear end of . Until she wants to exit she'll just be a little dirty smackhead singing yesterdays songs for a bump of charlie and a 10 pound deal of brown .
Old Jun 20th 2011, 10:34 am
Account Closed

weasel central is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Spugsy

No-one's perfect mate and we all have problems, you try living your life in the public gaze every single day for years and see how you get on.
Millions of people live their lives in the public's gaze without becoming drug addicts, just as millions of people have personal problems without becoming drug addicts or alcoholics.
I am all for drugs by the way but take them at your own risk and responsibility rather than hiding behind excuses for doing it, she seems like she has bought into the whole rock and roll myth to me rather than anything else.
I do feel sympathy for her or anyone in that position but if they choose to carry on further and further in that regard it diminishes quickly.

Last edited by weasel central; Jun 20th 2011 at 10:50 am. Reason: this mornings line of coke upset my spelling ability
Old Jun 20th 2011, 10:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Looks as if her management is of the Colonel Parker school, which is never a good thing.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 12:02 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weasel central
Millions of people live their lives in the public's gaze without becoming drug addicts, just as millions of people have personal problems without becoming drug addicts or alcoholics.
I am all for drugs by the way but take them at your own risk and responsibility rather than hiding behind excuses for doing it, she seems like she has bought into the whole rock and roll myth to me rather than anything else.
I do feel sympathy for her or anyone in that position but if they choose to carry on further and further in that regard it diminishes quickly.
I'm all for them as well, and if like me you've grown up being around them I'm sure you've seen a few car crash cases of your mates, or mates mates who have lost it and needed help getting back to normal. Imagine that but having stacks of cash and idiot mates who want to hang off you and your fame and money, can't be easy.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 1:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

I need time to gather my thoughts
Possibly the slowest comeback ever!
Old Jun 20th 2011, 1:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Possibly the slowest comeback ever!
And your point is...........?
Old Jun 20th 2011, 1:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
I'm all for them as well, and if like me you've grown up being around them I'm sure you've seen a few car crash cases of your mates, or mates mates who have lost it and needed help getting back to normal. Imagine that but having stacks of cash and idiot mates who want to hang off you and your fame and money, can't be easy.
There's a lot of us seen it happen , it's nothing to condone but it happens in life , most people come through it but there's a lot of people who get lost in it and then it gets dark and moody and the shit hits the fan. Drugs and kids isn't a new phenomenon , it's how you handle it and the people around you can have a massive effect on that situation , almost Svengali like .

The trick is to have your non-return valve working and know your limit , there's a lot of people who don't , if you're in that destructive cycle anything could happen to you .

Once your control limits and decision making are shot you're fu**ed basically , a bit like Whinehouse .
In my opinion she tries too hard to be the new day Janis Joplin / Drug icon for the chemical generation .

It's all been done before by a lot better with better singers and with far better drugs......
Old Jun 21st 2011, 3:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well her management have had the sense to cancel her future gigs and shes back in rehab trying to sort herself out. Lets hope she can this time -for her own sake.

http://new.uk.music.yahoo.com/blogs/...amy-winehouse/