Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

And why is The Bored........

And why is The Bored........

Old Oct 1st 2007, 9:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default And why is The Bored........

......... accepting advertising from an Israeli entity? ("Fun and sun in Tel Aviv"????? I can certainly never go there if I ever want to work here in the Magic Kingdom again....not sure what the UAE government's position is)
Old Oct 1st 2007, 10:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Crash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: And why is The Bored........

Originally Posted by The Dean
......... accepting advertising from an Israeli entity? ("Fun and sun in Tel Aviv"????? I can certainly never go there if I ever want to work here in the Magic Kingdom again....not sure what the UAE government's position is)
Dean, you normally up this late?
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 3:25 am
Banned

Dago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to behold

The advertisement is not just for you Dean!! I don't want to go to Israel either and probably the UAE don't really want you to althought they tolerate it. I suppose that El Al or whoever have thought this out.
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 3:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Crash
Dean, you normally up this late?
I'm in Riyadh - it's an hour earlier here (assuming you're in Dubai?).

And yes - I am usually up this late. Nothing else - and nobody else - to do really.
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 3:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Dago
The advertisement is not just for you Dean!! I don't want to go to Israel either and probably the UAE don't really want you to althought they tolerate it. I suppose that El Al or whoever have thought this out.
I was actually questioning the owners/moderators of the site for accepting the ads in the first place (if the powers-that-be over here see it, they could find an excuse to block the site) ...... but you're right - the advertisers presumably know what they are doing........ funny way of showing it.......
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 5:36 am
Banned

Dago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to behold

My recommendation is Butlins in Bognor Regis now that you have discarded Tel Aviv. I went there last year with my kids who of course loved it. I really am filled with admiration for them (Butlins) for their ability to match what the customers (well most of them) want and what they provide. Singing competitions, beer, second rate soap stars (singing) monodosium glutamate, e numbers and trans fat and singing.

And smoking.
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 7:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Why shouldn't they acccept the Ad. This site is for expats around the world not just in the ME. And there are always ways of getting around Israel travel problems.

We even did it in shipping where if a ship called in Israel it would go onto the Arab Black list. They had spotters watching the entrance to Israeli ports noting the names of all ships entering. So we would slow the ship down en-route and paint a different name on it
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 7:46 am
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
Why shouldn't they acccept the Ad. This site is for expats around the world not just in the ME. And there are always ways of getting around Israel travel problems.

We even did it in shipping where if a ship called in Israel it would go onto the Arab Black list. They had spotters watching the entrance to Israeli ports noting the names of all ships entering. So we would slow the ship down en-route and paint a different name on it
!! do the spotters wear anoraks?
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 8:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jvr20
!! do the spotters wear anoraks?
and NHS specs
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 8:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

and NHS specs
some people can get away with nhs spex...take the love of my life, for instance...

MM, xx
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 8:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
some people can get away with nhs spex...take the love of my life, for instance...

MM, xx
well he cant afford designer ones because of his wife's designer shoe habit
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 8:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

well he cant afford designer ones because of his wife's designer shoe habit
err...he's not married??

MM, xx
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 8:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
err...he's not married??

MM, xx
silly me!
now I know who you were talking about!

got to admit I do have a thing for ladies in glasses. not NHS ones though
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 8:20 am
Pog mo thoin

Miss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond repute

silly me!
now I know who you were talking about!

got to admit I do have a thing for ladies in glasses. not NHS ones though
Deidre Barlow style??????
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 8:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Miss Eck
Deidre Barlow style??????
thats just put me off my lunch

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.