British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   And why is The Bored........ (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/why-bored-484719/)

The Dean Oct 1st 2007 9:55 pm

And why is The Bored........

......... accepting advertising from an Israeli entity? ("Fun and sun in Tel Aviv"????? I can certainly never go there if I ever want to work here in the Magic Kingdom again....not sure what the UAE government's position is)

Crash Oct 1st 2007 10:02 pm

Re: And why is The Bored........

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 5375814)
......... accepting advertising from an Israeli entity? ("Fun and sun in Tel Aviv"????? I can certainly never go there if I ever want to work here in the Magic Kingdom again....not sure what the UAE government's position is)

Dean, you normally up this late?

Dago Oct 2nd 2007 3:25 am

The advertisement is not just for you Dean!! I don't want to go to Israel either and probably the UAE don't really want you to althought they tolerate it. I suppose that El Al or whoever have thought this out.

The Dean Oct 2nd 2007 3:42 am

Originally Posted by Crash (Post 5375841)
Dean, you normally up this late?

I'm in Riyadh - it's an hour earlier here (assuming you're in Dubai?).

And yes - I am usually up this late. Nothing else - and nobody else - to do really.

The Dean Oct 2nd 2007 3:46 am

Originally Posted by Dago (Post 5376509)
The advertisement is not just for you Dean!! I don't want to go to Israel either and probably the UAE don't really want you to althought they tolerate it. I suppose that El Al or whoever have thought this out.

I was actually questioning the owners/moderators of the site for accepting the ads in the first place (if the powers-that-be over here see it, they could find an excuse to block the site) ...... but you're right - the advertisers presumably know what they are doing........ funny way of showing it.......

Dago Oct 2nd 2007 5:36 am

My recommendation is Butlins in Bognor Regis now that you have discarded Tel Aviv. I went there last year with my kids who of course loved it. I really am filled with admiration for them (Butlins) for their ability to match what the customers (well most of them) want and what they provide. Singing competitions, beer, second rate soap stars (singing) monodosium glutamate, e numbers and trans fat and singing.

And smoking.

Inselaffen Oct 2nd 2007 7:33 am

Why shouldn't they acccept the Ad. This site is for expats around the world not just in the ME. And there are always ways of getting around Israel travel problems.

We even did it in shipping where if a ship called in Israel it would go onto the Arab Black list. They had spotters watching the entrance to Israeli ports noting the names of all ships entering. So we would slow the ship down en-route and paint a different name on it :D

jvr20 Oct 2nd 2007 7:46 am

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 5376854)
Why shouldn't they acccept the Ad. This site is for expats around the world not just in the ME. And there are always ways of getting around Israel travel problems.

We even did it in shipping where if a ship called in Israel it would go onto the Arab Black list. They had spotters watching the entrance to Israeli ports noting the names of all ships entering. So we would slow the ship down en-route and paint a different name on it :D

!! do the spotters wear anoraks? :eek:

Inselaffen Oct 2nd 2007 8:00 am

Originally Posted by jvr20 (Post 5376884)
!! do the spotters wear anoraks? :eek:

and NHS specs :D

Madam Medusa Oct 2nd 2007 8:04 am

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 5376911)
and NHS specs :D

some people can get away with nhs spex...take the love of my life, for instance...

MM, xx

Inselaffen Oct 2nd 2007 8:08 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 5376922)
some people can get away with nhs spex...take the love of my life, for instance...

MM, xx

well he cant afford designer ones because of his wife's designer shoe habit :p

Madam Medusa Oct 2nd 2007 8:09 am

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 5376930)
well he cant afford designer ones because of his wife's designer shoe habit :p

err...he's not married??

MM, xx

Inselaffen Oct 2nd 2007 8:19 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 5376934)
err...he's not married??

MM, xx

silly me! :rofl:
now I know who you were talking about!

got to admit I do have a thing for ladies in glasses. not NHS ones though :p

Miss Eck Oct 2nd 2007 8:20 am

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 5376963)
silly me! :rofl:
now I know who you were talking about!

got to admit I do have a thing for ladies in glasses. not NHS ones though :p

Deidre Barlow style?????? :lol:

Inselaffen Oct 2nd 2007 8:30 am

Originally Posted by Miss Eck (Post 5376966)
Deidre Barlow style?????? :lol:

thats just put me off my lunch :thumbs_down: