Why?

Old Dec 10th 2009, 11:43 am
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why?

IF that happened, no I would not be offended, for several reasons.

-I would know that you are just trying to provoke me.
-resorting to this kind of stuff just shows that a person hasn't got the means to express themselves or to convince anyone.
-You would not be in a position where this kind of opinion has any imact on me.
Old Dec 10th 2009, 11:56 am
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seven seas
IF that happened, no I would not be offended, for several reasons.

-I would know that you are just trying to provoke me.
-resorting to this kind of stuff just shows that a person hasn't got the means to express themselves or to convince anyone.
-You would not be in a position where this kind of opinion has any imact on me.
I used the word Faggot as an example of a word having multiple meanings, e.g., a pork and offal meat ball, a bundle of sticks, or an old woman. I choose to use the English language and resist as much as possible the americanisation creeping into it.

On this occasion I chose the word as meaning an old woman, because you don't half blather on like one sometimes.
Old Dec 10th 2009, 1:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, right.

Keep doing that. Fifteen year old girls might be impressed by your clever use of a word in an unfamiliar way. Nobody else is.

LOL @ americanisation...which is in itself an americanisation.

The US is culturally and economically overwhelming when compared to the UK. Whether I like it or not, this is a fact of life.

A language - any language - constantly undergoes change and reflects the culture of its speakers.

Last edited by seven seas; Dec 10th 2009 at 1:06 pm. Reason: stupid 'p' key keeps misbehaving
Old Dec 10th 2009, 1:22 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, right.

Keep doing that. Fifteen year old girls might be impressed by your clever use of a word in an unfamiliar way. Nobody else is.

LOL @ americanisation...which is in itself an americanisation.

The US is culturally and economically overwhelming when compared to the UK. Whether I like it or not, this is a fact of life.

A language - any language - constantly undergoes change and reflects the culture of its speakers.
Dunno, I gave Karma for it; it impressed me and I'm neither 15 nor a girl.
Old Dec 10th 2009, 1:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, right.

Well keep visiting those chatrooms, personally I wouldn't know what fifteen year old girls want these days, but hey, whatever floats your boat!
Old Dec 10th 2009, 3:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Roadking
Dunno, I gave Karma for it; it impressed me and I'm neither 15 nor a girl.
So, you are as easily impressed as a 15-year-old girl. Well done.
Old Dec 10th 2009, 3:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by benzonar
Well keep visiting those chatrooms, personally I wouldn't know what fifteen year old girls want these days, but hey, whatever floats your boat!
Cool... is this a drag-queen impersonation contest? Or are you just pretending to be past-it, mouthy, highly-strung and camp?

Perhaps you'd care to get back to the topic we were discussing before we got distracted by a dumb question...
Old Dec 10th 2009, 3:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Cool... is this a drag-queen impersonation contest? Or are you just pretending to be past-it, mouthy, highly-strung and camp?

Perhaps you'd care to get back to the topic we were discussing before we got distracted by a dumb question...
15yr old schoolgirls and now a penchant for mouthy, camp drag queens. You do have a mixed collection of fantasies. You go girl!
Old Dec 10th 2009, 3:48 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

A pointless thread now..
Attached Thumbnails Why?-fluck.jpg  
Old Dec 10th 2009, 3:58 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

So, you are as easily impressed as a 15-year-old girl. Well done.
What would you know about impressing anyone? The ONLY impression you leave is of an argumentative twat who has a chip on each shoulder. Sad really.

I'm with Ray on this thread...and on you. You're no fun and not in slightest bit interesting.
Old Dec 10th 2009, 4:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Old Dec 11th 2009, 11:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Oh dear. I am so sad now. This has to be the saddest day of my life.

Oh hang on, it's not, because I DON"T CARE.

Funny cartoon though, Benzonar.
Still, my arguments made you resort to the childish trick of using a word in its 'original' sense, an unrealistic scenario, in a feeble attemt to prove something.

Ray and Road King- thanks for your contributions that added so much value to what was -at times- a real discussion. NOT.

Don't forget to check under the bed for PC Brigade agents hiding there, with their mindwave transponding modulator, ready to police your dreams.