Why?

Old Dec 6th 2009, 10:17 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why?

Originally Posted by davidhendry
BC,
Please show me where I`m wrong.
Would you and your ilk be happy if I wrote .......and those English Bastard?
I know where I went wrong!! He was referring to the after effects of Scotch, which we all know can be severe. Silly me.
For an obviously aggressive person to have two friends is surprising. Fair play to you. You ladies must stick together.

If you are in the Dubai area, could you tell me if there was a bridge over the Creek in the mid to late sixties?

Regards,
Davie.
your description of Ray was wrong, that was what I was referring too, and wtf relevance is a bridge over the Creek in the mid to late sixties got to do with anything.

English Bastard

xx
Old Dec 6th 2009, 10:23 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

If you are in the Dubai area, could you tell me if there was a bridge over the Creek in the mid to late sixties?
you do know there is a thing called the internet? you can use it to find out things.

Al Maktoum Bridge was the first bridge in Dubai. It opened in 1963

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Maktoum_Bridge

and if you are genuinely interested in Dubai as it used to be check here:

http://www.dubaiasitusedtobe.com/pag...oumbridge.shtm

handy hint - maybe settle down a bit, we're not all out to get you...
Old Dec 6th 2009, 10:25 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Autonomy
you do know there is a thing called the internet? you can use it to find out things.

Al Maktoum Bridge was the first bridge in Dubai. It opened in 1963

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Maktoum_Bridge

and if you are genuinely interested in Dubai as it used to be check here:

http://www.dubaiasitusedtobe.com/pag...oumbridge.shtm

handy hint - maybe settle down a bit, we're not all out to get you...
was just looking that up myself, 1963, I thought it was later, thanks for the info Auto
Old Dec 6th 2009, 11:40 am
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
Jinglies!

as an interesting aside; a much misaligned word often used in the middle east and originally thought to have come from the soldiers of the honourable company trading to the east indies, Jingly/Jinglie/jinglies, has its etymological roots in pre British India. A word used to describe a rural farm worker.
Interesting that over a hundred years later the word is still in daily and correct use.
However if I were to say that the UAE was full of jinglies I’d apparently be a PC pariah

The pc brigade may also want turn their attention to an apparently innocuous word; Thug, as this was a word again from pre British India used to describe an ethnic group the Thuggie (akin to gypsies/romanies as a loose ethnic group). Who were a continent wide group of rapist’s, murders and extortionists.
However surely in pc land using the word thug is in fact an ethnically derogatory term and should be banned forthwith.
didn't our most tolerant and enterprising ancestors do a dab of ethnic cleansing on the Thugees? Bad for business, what, old sport?
Old Dec 6th 2009, 11:58 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

The Thugees aren't exactly the people you want to be sticking up for.

From wiki:

'Thuggee is described as a cult of people engaged in the multiple murder and robbery of travelers. At the time, most travelers in India would travel in caravan for mutual support and security, since travel meant the crossing of difficult terrain before the coming of metalled roads, the passing among different races, religions and castes, at a period before police forces were formed. In order to attempt the massacre of an entire caravan, the Thugs needed to be numerous and well-coordinated. They also needed to be sufficiently stealthy, at least in the early stages, to begin their slaughter without rousing all at once. This required a high degree of planning, organization – including props and patter – timing, teamwork and discipline. With anything less than complete success a survivor could escape to raise a hue and cry. These horrendous but sophisticated operations lay somewhere between organized crime and paramilitary activity and were far removed from the ordinary criminal in the audacity, magnitude, and ruthlessness of the enterprise.'

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty
didn't our most tolerant and enterprising ancestors do a dab of ethnic cleansing on the Thugees? Bad for business, what, old sport?
Old Dec 6th 2009, 1:07 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

It just gets easier and easier ... the dullards just give it away
Old Dec 6th 2009, 2:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alexa
So, now we get "seasonal " greetings, buy "holiday" trees, have "festive" dinners and are supposed to get into a "festive" mood .....But I want a Christmas tree, a Christmas card and Christmas dinner....where has it all gone?
Has the pc brigade snatched it away and hidden it in a deep , dark cellar,so it can't offend anybody ?

You know what, I still have some left from years long gone...I shall dust it off and show it to the world in all its glory...I don't give a shit if it offends anybody!

Merry Christmas!

XXXX Alexa
Good news Alexa. There is no PC Corp International that goes around banning christmas tat. There is no CP Corp at all. Feel free to claim persecution by this imaginary organisation- the Daily Mail might actually publish some of this delusional rubbish.

More good news- christmas doesn't offend anyone. But if it makes you feel better thinking that you don't care about offending these imaginary people, then go ahead.
Old Dec 6th 2009, 2:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

BC,
Some joke! I`ve seen a post from this dickhead before, and I`m sure he`s an anti Scottish bampot.
Wonder what caused this? Made approaches to a jock and was refused? I guess he vents his spleen here as wifey, or mummy, keeps him in his place at home. Imagine getting pissed with a dick like this! His display cabinet must be full of second prizes. Take care of him, watch when he crosses the road.
Regards,
Davie.
David....

Here certain people are allowed to make fun of others and be offensive, and if you take issue with it, then you must have a humour deficiency. Daily Express rules apply:

1- British is best
2- British means English, specifically SE England. Everyone else is irrelevant
3- Churchill gassed the arabs to stop Hitler molesting Belgian boys so he's done us proud.
4- Asylum seekers.
5- Squatters
6- Asylum-seeking squatters
7- Er, that's it.
Old Dec 6th 2009, 2:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

your a pc cnut, offence intended
Wow. You couldn't address the arguments so you just resorted to a meaningless juvenile comeback. Clever.
Old Dec 6th 2009, 4:41 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seven seas
Wow. You couldn't address the arguments so you just resorted to a meaningless juvenile comeback. Clever.
we've already established your level of idiocy but as your clearly blind as well see my post on etymology

Last edited by shiva; Dec 6th 2009 at 6:08 pm.
Old Dec 6th 2009, 4:43 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty
actually it was mostly down to one chap who's name escapes me for the moment and as ethos highlights they werent exactly a spiffing bunch
Old Dec 6th 2009, 8:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Can we broaden this debate to include other "Why?" questions please?

Such as..........

WHY do 'flammable' and 'inflammable' (which sound like opposites) mean the same thing?

WHY, when four of you go out for a meal and the waiter sits you down at a table for six, does he then clear away the other two place settings?

WHY do lifts have a "Close Doors" button (when if you simply do nothing apart from patiently waiting another half-a-second, it will happen anyway)?

There must be more................
Old Dec 6th 2009, 9:34 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
Can we broaden this debate to include other "Why?" questions please?

Such as..........

WHY do 'flammable' and 'inflammable' (which sound like opposites) mean the same thing?

WHY, when four of you go out for a meal and the waiter sits you down at a table for six, does he then clear away the other two place settings?

WHY do lifts have a "Close Doors" button (when if you simply do nothing apart from patiently waiting another half-a-second, it will happen anyway)?

There must be more................
WHY do birds suddenly appear?

WHY do fools fall in love?
Old Dec 6th 2009, 10:21 pm
Just Joined

Lites is just really niceLites is just really niceLites is just really niceLites is just really niceLites is just really niceLites is just really niceLites is just really niceLites is just really niceLites is just really niceLites is just really niceLites is just really nice

your a pc cnut, offence intended
Nah....just a bit more aware than your not so caring young self.

Listen to Jimmy, he's cool.

(offence runs off this back, indulgent grin to your ignorant self.)
Old Dec 6th 2009, 10:35 pm
Just Joined

Lites is just really niceLites is just really niceLites is just really niceLites is just really niceLites is just really niceLites is just really niceLites is just really niceLites is just really niceLites is just really niceLites is just really niceLites is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jeeper
So if I call them "Pakistani's" with disrespect - does that make it any better?

Again I say, It's not the name that matters.
yep, ever so slightly - at least it shows that you're thinking.

Better still if you try your brain a bit harder and remove the obvious racial slur altogether.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.