Why?

Old Dec 7th 2009, 5:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why?

Originally Posted by edinburger
WTF! Do you actually know any black people? This thread is really embarassing, really making me cringe......
Nobody except Huggy Bear says 'Honky'
Old Dec 7th 2009, 5:29 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

WTF! Do you actually know any black people? This thread is really embarassing, really making me cringe......
Well, you have two choices...

Either take a couple of sharpened sticks and poke your eyes out, or you could always close the page you are looking at...

Both options would thus remove the embarassing and cringing feeling you currently suffer from....

That'll be 450dhs please....

Next patient, please...
Old Dec 7th 2009, 5:30 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Untrue...

Pretty sure Shaft says Honky too....
Old Dec 7th 2009, 5:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Untrue...

Hmmm...can anyone confirm?
Old Dec 7th 2009, 5:32 am
Forum Regular

edinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of light

Well, you have two choices...

Either take a couple of sharpened sticks and poke your eyes out, or you could always close the page you are looking at...

Both options would thus remove the embarassing and cringing feeling you currently suffer from....

That'll be 450dhs please....

Next patient, please...
I am trying to look away but this is kind of like a really bad car crash that no matter how hard you try you can't look away.
Old Dec 7th 2009, 5:33 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

I am trying to look away but this is kind of like a really bad car crash that no matter how hard you try you can't look away.
Ahh..

Now, this gonna cost more than 450dhs, since we now have some psychological rehabilitation to do....

What is the first thing you think of when I use the word 'Paki'..?
Old Dec 7th 2009, 5:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ahh..

Now, this gonna cost more than 450dhs, since we now have some psychological rehabilitation to do....

Bruce Forsyth.
Old Dec 7th 2009, 5:38 am
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

Ahh..

The ex-Celtic and Republic of Ireland keeper Patrick Bonner.
Old Dec 7th 2009, 5:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean

WHY do 'flammable' and 'inflammable' (which sound like opposites) mean the same thing?
If something is "flammable" it means it will burn readily ... right? So ... if it's "inflammable" that should mean it doesn't burn ... right?
Wrong. Both words mean the same.
Visitors to the Apostrophe Forum have been addressing this problem of flammable and inflammable materials. Richard Tinsley did some investigating and found the following satisfactory explanation at the Word Detective site here
Blame it on Latin and its tricky prefixes. In the beginning, there was "inflammable," a perfectly nice English word based on the Latin "inflammare," meaning "to kindle," from "in" (in) plus "flamma" (flame). "Inflammable" became standard English in the 16th century. So far, so good.

Comes the 19th century, and some well-meaning soul dreamt up the word "flammable," basing it on a slightly different Latin word, "flammare," meaning "to set on fire." There was nothing terribly wrong with "flammable," but it never really caught on. After all, we already had "inflammable," so "flammable" pretty much died out in the 1800's.

"But wait," you say, "I saw 'flammable' just the other day." Indeed you did. "Flammable" came back, one of the few successful instances of social engineering of language.

The Latin prefix "in," while it sometimes means just "in" (as in "inflammable"), more often turns up in English words meaning "not" (as in "invisible" -- "not visible"). After World War Two, safety officials on both sides of the Atlantic decided that folks were too likely to see "inflammable" and decide that the word meant "fireproof," so various agencies set about encouraging the revival of "flammable" as a substitute. The campaign seems to have worked, and "inflammable" has all but disappeared.

That left what to call something that was not likely to burst into flames, but here the process of linguistic renovation was easier. "Non-flammable" is a nice, comforting word, and besides, it's far easier on the tongue than its now thankfully obsolete precursor, "non-inflammable."

The Oxford English Dictionary adds this usage note: Historically, flammable and inflammable mean the same thing. However, the presence of the prefix in- has misled many people into assuming that inflammable means "not flammable" or "noncombustible." The prefix -in in inflammable is not, however, the Latin negative prefix -in, which is related to the English -un and appears in such words as indecent and inglorious. Rather, this -in is an intensive prefix derived from the Latin preposition in. This prefix also appears in the word enflame. But many people are not aware of this derivation, and for clarity's sake it is advisable to use only flammable to give warnings.

Copied (because i knew no one would bother looking at the site) from http://www.write101.com/W.Tips215.htm
Old Dec 7th 2009, 5:48 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

Bruce Forsyth.
Originally Posted by benzonar
The ex-Celtic and Republic of Ireland keeper Patrick Bonner.
Am still trying to decipher the Brucie reference.. I have a team of south-east asian researchers working through my library.. Hoping they find it before reaching the Junge section..

Patrick Bonner.. This ones a bit easier.. Either 'yon Tim ******' or 'Paddy', depending how much you want to piss off any Irish....
Old Dec 7th 2009, 5:53 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by davidhendry
Two reasons.
but don`t know how we got there, or how we got back.
Fairly simple question.

Regards,
Davie.
I have been known to wonder how I got back numerous times
Old Dec 7th 2009, 6:02 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

NO, of course not, they'd just steal from me
Old Dec 7th 2009, 6:05 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seven seas
LOL. Another dodge.

BTW, learn to differentiate between your and you're.Otherwise you look like a semi-literate person.
it wasnt a dodge, i pointed you to a thread where i gave two specific examples of why the pc bus needs to slow donw and kick everyone out. If you choose to ignore the answer then fine.
Old Dec 7th 2009, 6:06 am
**** it we'll do it live

yes but i find it offensive and think we should burn all the master tapes and remove the word from all languages asap
Old Dec 7th 2009, 6:12 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

Untrue...

and the rolling stones song "Honky Tonk Woman"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.