When is Eid?

Old Jul 29th 2013, 9:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When is Eid?

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
umm, I dont think so, atleast not that I know of.
Some follow the strict rule of the 30 day month and some base it on their sightings of the moon. So it could be 29, then 29, then 30 etc, but cannot be 31.
That's what I have never understood - if the start of Ramadan depends on the sighting of the moon, how can Shaban (the previous month) always have the same number of days?

If we know that for certain, we must know the start of Ramadan well in advance - which we don't.........
Old Jul 29th 2013, 9:55 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
Where is Wheelers?
DIFC, close to Robertos and Le Petit Maison (both massively overrated).
Old Jul 29th 2013, 2:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
DIFC, close to Robertos and Le Petit Maison (both massively overrated.... In my opinion).

Just amended that for you darling xxx
Old Jul 29th 2013, 2:44 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
Just amended that for you darling xxx
Ha ha! I like the food in La Petite Maison, although it gets very busy and very noisy.

Patsy darling, it's often a case of swine before pearls around here...
Old Jul 29th 2013, 4:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Ha ha! I like the food in La Petite Maison, although it gets very busy and very noisy.

Patsy darling, it's often a case of swine before pearls around here...

I also like LPM, although the blonde receptionist needs to drop the attitude!!
I never quite understand when people say a place is overrated.....by what standard? Overrated how? If you don't like a place then don't go to it, easy enough...personally, I think that the food at LPM is lovely, I like the style and the ambiance, others will disagree.
Old Jul 29th 2013, 5:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned

I also like LPM, although the blonde receptionist needs to drop the attitude!!
I never quite understand when people say a place is overrated.....by what standard? Overrated how? If you don't like a place then don't go to it, easy enough...personally, I think that the food at LPM is lovely, I like the style and the ambiance, others will disagree.
'Overrated' by the standard that the Time Out restaurant awards made it the Best Restaurant in Dubai - yes, the overall winner........ it's good, but not that good.
Old Jul 29th 2013, 5:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

'Overrated' by the standard that the Time Out restaurant awards made it the Best Restaurant in Dubai - yes, the overall winner........ it's good, but not that good.
but that is my point darling......restaurant reviews are totally subjective ...one man's meat is another man's poison.
You may think that a particular restaurant is overrated and somebody else may think that it is the dog's bollocks of all restaurants..... Pointless discussion really......
You are entitled to your own stupid opinion...and I am entitled to the right one !!!
Old Jul 30th 2013, 9:50 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Returning to the original subject of this thread, this may help...
http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/go...-uae-1.1214819
Hopefully, the private sector will get at least Thursday and Sunday off?
Old Jul 30th 2013, 10:56 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

That's what I have never understood - if the start of Ramadan depends on the sighting of the moon, how can Shaban (the previous month) always have the same number of days?

If we know that for certain, we must know the start of Ramadan well in advance - which we don't.........
I dont think Shaban will always have a set number of days mate
Its sometimes 29 and sometimes 30, hence the reason we never are certain when to expect the start of Ramazan
I could be wrong though
Old Jul 30th 2013, 11:58 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

This is 'little Eid' though, so surely if it falls near a weekend, just one extra day off, unless you work for the government in which case you'll probably get a couple of weeks...
Old Jul 30th 2013, 1:20 pm
Just Joined

WorkPlaceRevolution is an unknown quantity at this point

This is a good website for checking when the start and end of the month will be.

http://www.moonsighting.com/

There are 2 rules:

1. The new moon crescent needs to be seen
2. The sighting would be valid for any place that shares the night with the locality where the moon was sighted.

The moon will be visible in most of South America on Wednesday 7th August. Sunset in Rio is about 5.31pm which will be about 12:31am Dubai time- which means we share the night. So Eid should technically be on Thursday 8th August.

The only problem is that I don't think Saudi accepts scientific calculations like most Muslims in the UK do. So unless the moon is physically seen by 2 trustworthy muslims in South America on Wednesday, then Eid will be on Friday 9th August. Also- because South America are behind us in time, it probably would not be announced until 1am our time- which is probably too late.

Conclusion- my money is on Friday 9th August for Eid
Old Jul 30th 2013, 2:36 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WorkPlaceRevolution
This is a good website for checking when the start and end of the month will be.

http://www.moonsighting.com/

There are 2 rules:

1. The new moon crescent needs to be seen
2. The sighting would be valid for any place that shares the night with the locality where the moon was sighted.

The moon will be visible in most of South America on Wednesday 7th August. Sunset in Rio is about 5.31pm which will be about 12:31am Dubai time- which means we share the night. So Eid should technically be on Thursday 8th August.

The only problem is that I don't think Saudi accepts scientific calculations like most Muslims in the UK do. So unless the moon is physically seen by 2 trustworthy muslims in South America on Wednesday, then Eid will be on Friday 9th August. Also- because South America are behind us in time, it probably would not be announced until 1am our time- which is probably too late.

Conclusion- my money is on Friday 9th August for Eid
That's almost as daft as Easter.
Old Jul 30th 2013, 3:02 pm
Bored liberal

Government holiday for Eid announced. No comment regarding private sector yet.

http://www.7daysindubai.com/Dates-Ei...ail/story.html
Old Jul 30th 2013, 3:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Government holiday for Eid announced. No comment regarding private sector yet.http://www.7daysindubai.com/Dates-Ei...ail/story.html
Hello, did you not read post 23?
Old Jul 30th 2013, 3:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mentalist
Hello, did you not read post 23?
Hello, did you not read post 31?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.