Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

When the 1st videos were out what woz ur 1st film

When the 1st videos were out what woz ur 1st film

Old Aug 31st 2010, 6:16 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When the 1st videos were out what woz ur 1st film

Originally Posted by Autonomy
heh.... from the book I'm reading right now 17 by Bill Drummond:

"‘The very urge to make recorded music is a redundant and creative dead-end, not even an interesting option, fit only for the makers of advertising jingles, ring-tones and motion picture soundtracks. The sheer availability and ubiquity of recorded music will inspire forward-looking music-makers to explore different ways of creating music, away from something that can be captured on a CD, downloaded from the internet, consumed on an MP3 player; and the very making of recorded music will seem an entirely two-dimensional 20th-century aspiration to the creative music-makers of the next few decades. They will want to make music that celebrates time, place, occasion. There may be those that want to keep the craft of recorded music alive but we will think of them in the same way as we now think of those who work with bygone art forms, irrelevant in tomorrow’s world. "

http://www.the17.org/about.php
aw, that's a bit pessimistic... and a bit daft. It's one of our most basic instincts to capture a moment, to treasure and relive it. You see it on the pre-historic cave-paintings all the way to our digital age, even with instant messaging and status updates. The advent of digital photography didn't do away with the need for photographic prints, did it? For all the thousands of digital photos on my computer, I still find the nicest way to view them is by flicking through a photobook.

Anyhow, back to the OP... Tron. Can't remember when we actually got the tape, and certainly didn't see it at the cinema because I was 4 when it came out. Still, it was one of the few videos we had, and so my brother and I watched it until it wore out.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 8:34 pm