Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Visa runs during Ramadan

Visa runs during Ramadan

Old Aug 30th 2010, 7:20 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Visa runs during Ramadan

Anyone know if the Oman border dudes are only open for certain hours at all?

Can't find a contact number anywhere.

Thanks all.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

Purdey is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Visa runs during Ramadan

Sorry, can't answer your question but do you have to pass through any border controls to get to and from Hatta Fort Hotel?
Thanks.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 9:21 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sessou
Sorry, can't answer your question but do you have to pass through any border controls to get to and from Hatta Fort Hotel?
Thanks.
yes you do mate, so make sure you all take your passports - also if you are staying at hatta fort you HAVE to have a passport otherwise you can't stay.

Apaprently if the police come and check and people don't have passports the hotel can get into serous trouble as everyone needs to be accounted for - to make sure they're not terrorists.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 9:21 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Spugsy
Anyone know if the Oman border dudes are only open for certain hours at all?

Can't find a contact number anywhere.

Thanks all.
or in other news, where could be cool for me to fly to for the day on my own? cheap flight to Bahrain maybe?
Old Aug 30th 2010, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

Purdey is on a distinguished road

yes you do mate, so make sure you all take your passports - also if you are staying at hatta fort you HAVE to have a passport otherwise you can't stay.

Apaprently if the police come and check and people don't have passports the hotel can get into serous trouble as everyone needs to be accounted for - to make sure they're not terrorists.
OK, thanks for that info.
My passport has a Residence Visa so no problem there but my wife is visiting without a visa (UK passport) so do you think she will have any problem going to Hatta Fort Hotel and back? I seem to recall some discussion about not being able to re-enter immediately although I guess that's what you are doing on your visa run.

Is Doha not the alternative visa run destination? I'd go to Muscat if that was an option but that's because I'd like to see the place.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 9:56 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Sessou
OK, thanks for that info.
My passport has a Residence Visa so no problem there but my wife is visiting without a visa (UK passport) so do you think she will have any problem going to Hatta Fort Hotel and back? I seem to recall some discussion about not being able to re-enter immediately although I guess that's what you are doing on your visa run.

Is Doha not the alternative visa run destination? I'd go to Muscat if that was an option but that's because I'd like to see the place.
She will have a visit visa though yeah? When she got to Dubai she will have got a 30 day visa, that is all she needs - we took mrs spugsys parents to hatta fort when they came and that was fine.

The guards have guns as well, so don't freak out, my missus bricks it when she sees them.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 10:30 am
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

or in other news, where could be cool for me to fly to for the day on my own? cheap flight to Bahrain maybe?
Kish Island

Actually I really want to go...
Old Aug 30th 2010, 11:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Mogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to all

We sent 4 visiting indian employees to Kish Island to renew their UAE visit visas recently.....1 of them quit the company within a week of the trip and the 3 others raised formal complaints due to the trip. For some reason they didn't enjoy being put in dormatory style room sharing with 7 others and having to wear full muslim gear from moment of arrival (for the women) - to be fair we, as a company, never told them any of this before we sent them.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 11:53 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by typical
Kish Island

Actually I really want to go...
Where's that then?
Old Aug 30th 2010, 11:54 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Mogs
We sent 4 visiting indian employees to Kish Island to renew their UAE visit visas recently.....1 of them quit the company within a week of the trip and the 3 others raised formal complaints due to the trip. For some reason they didn't enjoy being put in dormatory style room sharing with 7 others and having to wear full muslim gear from moment of arrival (for the women) - to be fair we, as a company, never told them any of this before we sent them.
Happy days for them then, where did they think they were staying? Emirates Palace?
Old Aug 30th 2010, 11:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Mogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to all

Kish is Iran's holiday resort of choice.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 12:09 pm
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

Where's that then?
Iran!

But you don't need a visa to visit...
Old Aug 30th 2010, 1:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud of

BUT its dry as a bone there for Alcohol, so I'm told. Not sure how accurate that is but my mate was there on a business trip recently and they had to source black market stuff. $100 for a bottle of Jack Daniels!! He was in the company of millions from Iran so they didn't bat an eyelid when paying for it! That and the female company for the evening plus a few blue triangles
Old Aug 30th 2010, 1:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud of

By the way, my girl friend used to do Visa runs to the other bit of Oman when she first came here, the small one up by Ras Al Khaimah. It may be closer and take a lot less time? Not sure if you're just wanting the Visa stamp or a day out too......
Old Aug 30th 2010, 2:44 pm
Not an evil hypnotist

Musandam, a gorgeous place...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.