What's your theory?

Old Mar 19th 2014, 6:54 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's your theory?

This was a fairly plausible theory. Could be a load of rubbish though.
http://www.wired.com/autopia/2014/03...ectrical-fire/
Old Mar 19th 2014, 7:55 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I can't see a transponder saving any lives though... only finding the bodies.

So, other than potentially speeding up life insurance payouts, I'm not sure the benefit to the consumer-- I personally don't care if they have the tracker or not. Wouldn't affect my decision to use an airline or not...
...and you know who will pay for it.
Old Mar 19th 2014, 8:42 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
This was a fairly plausible theory. Could be a load of rubbish though.
http://www.wired.com/autopia/2014/03...ectrical-fire/
Glad to see people are noticing what I post...

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...&postcount=108
Old Mar 19th 2014, 11:56 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
...and you know who will pay for it.
They're businesses, of course customers must pay.
Old Mar 20th 2014, 2:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britexpat76
It crashed in the Sea. The End.
That's looking less and less likely..............

As a separate point, things have taken an unpleasant turn, with distressed relatives being forcibly bundled out of a press conference...........
Old Mar 20th 2014, 3:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Aussie PM Tony "The Cnut" Abbott has just told Oz's Parliament that two objects have been sighted by satellite that 'may be related' to the search.......... RAAF plane on way to area........ if that turns out to be true, just sit back and watch him claim the credit..........
Old Mar 20th 2014, 3:36 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Autonomy
Glad to see people are noticing what I post...

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...&postcount=108
http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-echochambers-26640114
Old Mar 20th 2014, 6:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I got this today:

The missing Malaysian Airlines ‘Flight 370′ has been found by police in Saudi Arabia, bringing to an end a 12-day search for the Boeing 777.

Prince Sahram Al-Sandshoo of Jeddah was arrested by local law enforcement agencies when the missing plane was discovered in his garden. Suspicions were heightened when Al-Sandshoo placed an advert on eBay offering a ‘Used Boeing 777 Black Box Recorder’ for sale. The Saudi authorities immediately requested a search warrant to enter his 40-acre property on the outskirts of Jeddah, the city he has princed for the past 43 years. Al-Sandshoo is a world-renowned collector of aero-memorabilia, most famous for his acquisition of ‘Wright Flyer’, one of the earliest examples of an aircraft by the Wright brothers.

In a news conference the Malaysian Prime Minister, Perdana Menteri announced, “We have finally located the missing aircraft in Saudi Arabia. The passengers are all OK and are in good spirits. Apparently the prince fed them a banquet of sheep testicles and wine. We are awfully sorry that we misplaced this aircraft, it’s a mistake anyone can make, we hope you understand. It’s been an unfortunate incident but we cannot be held responsible for thieves.”

Ahmad Jauhari Yahya, the CEO of Malaysian Airways, explained what was likely to have happened: “Whilst we cannot pre-empt any investigation, what we can say is that the plane was probably stolen whilst in flight. It’s unlikely to have landed at an airport and then been stolen behind our backs. We hear that Al-Sandshoo is an experienced pilot and most likely got into the cockpit by asking if he could have a go. We usually frown on this kind of thing, but if the man kept going on and on at the stewardesses, they probably would have allowed him to have a little go at flying just to shut him up. We have the plane back now so no harm was done in the end.”

We spoke to one of the passengers, Mrs Josie Kevin Taylor. “I’m appalled at the attitude of the people involved. I went away for what was supposed to be a holiday and ended up staring at camels all day in an Arab’s garden. How could they call it a garden anyway? It was just sand, no grass to be seen for miles. I’ll certainly be lodging a complaint with my travel agent in Slough when I get home and I won’t be using Malaysian Airlines again after this. I’ll tell you something else for free, I won’t be using these so-called search parties again either - twelve days it took them to find us, that’s ridiculous. It’s a jumbo jet, not a flippin’ missing watch.”

We have yet to hear from the thief Al-Sandshoo yet, as he is being kept away from the media by police. We believe that the Boeing 777 was a plane missing from his collection and that was the motivation for the robbery. We hope to speak with the Prince over the next few days and will come back with more.
Old Mar 20th 2014, 7:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Millsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond repute

Most plausible theory so far Millhouse...
Old Mar 20th 2014, 8:04 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
That's looking less and less likely..............

As a separate point, things have taken an unpleasant turn, with distressed relatives being forcibly bundled out of a press conference...........
How come? I still think its the obvious answer, non of this hijack bollocks. Seems the Aussies have found what could be wreckage too...............

I do not think they will ever know for certain exactly what happened even if they find it.
Old Mar 20th 2014, 8:26 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britexpat76
How come? I still think its the obvious answer, non of this hijack bollocks. Seems the Aussies have found what could be wreckage too...............

I do not think they will ever know for certain exactly what happened even if they find it.
There's lots of debris in the sea, but the location of what they've spotted is about right. And you're right about not knowing exactly what happened, the sea there is 3,500m deep, some 6 times deeper than subs can go...
Old Mar 20th 2014, 8:54 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
There's lots of debris in the sea, but the location of what they've spotted is about right. And you're right about not knowing exactly what happened, the sea there is 3,500m deep, some 6 times deeper than subs can go...
I think unmanned ones can go to those depths

1960: Jacques Piccard and Don Walsh reached the bottom of the Challenger Deep in the Mariana Trench, descending to a depth of 10,740 m (35236 ft) in their deep sea vessel Trieste, where they observed fish and other deep sea organisms.
2012: The vessel Deepsea Challenger, piloted by James Cameron, completes the second manned voyage and first solo mission to the bottom of the Challenger Deep.
Source Wikipedia
Old Mar 20th 2014, 9:16 am
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by TheShed
I think unmanned ones can go to those depths

1960: Jacques Piccard and Don Walsh reached the bottom of the Challenger Deep in the Mariana Trench, descending to a depth of 10,740 m (35236 ft) in their deep sea vessel Trieste, where they observed fish and other deep sea organisms.
2012: The vessel Deepsea Challenger, piloted by James Cameron, completes the second manned voyage and first solo mission to the bottom of the Challenger Deep.
Source Wikipedia
True. Anyone know about recovery subs, rather than regular manned ones and exploratory ones?
Old Mar 20th 2014, 11:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Mogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
True. Anyone know about recovery subs, rather than regular manned ones and exploratory ones?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oceaneering

This company is used quite a lot in search and recovery projects.
Old Mar 20th 2014, 3:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ditzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud of

Still think it's in China. Or somewhere.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.