Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

What's the best food after a night of drinking?

What's the best food after a night of drinking?

Old Jul 12th 2008, 5:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Squirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's the best food after a night of drinking?

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
wow, your kids are still up when you get home...??

MM, xx
Yep - nasty teenagers who drink me under the table with attitude - and a house full of their friends usually who eat me out of house and home!
Old Jul 12th 2008, 5:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Squirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
youve never lived unless youve fallen asleep with your donner kebab, waking up with it next to you, chilie sauce all over the pillows. quick yawn, rub of the eyes, scrape it of the sheets and devour the whole lot...

heaven....

Arbroath_abroad aged 16-26
Oh, I forgot about the Arab Udupi specials, congealed butter chicken and biryani with a nice roti can make for an nice breakfast and an unfriendly waft for the rest of the day - the nasty teenagers food of choice, blended with tea and plenty of cigarettes. We're very healthy in my house. And it doesn't work unless there are at least 5 young men in boxers and socks sitting round my kitchen table. Since the average age is 19 I feel somewhat cheated because they are far too young for me!
Old Jul 12th 2008, 5:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Squirty Cream
Oh, I forgot about the Arab Udupi specials, congealed butter chicken and biryani with a nice roti can make for an nice breakfast and an unfriendly waft for the rest of the day - the nasty teenagers food of choice, blended with tea and plenty of cigarettes. We're very healthy in my house. And it doesn't work unless there are at least 5 young men in boxers and socks sitting round my kitchen table. Since the average age is 19 I feel somewhat cheated because they are far too young for me!
They're not too young for me...........

If I was their dad, I'd still be bathing them every night before bedtime.....
Old Jul 12th 2008, 5:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The Dean
They're not too young for me...........

If I was their dad, I'd still be bathing them every night before bedtime.....
I can't say that 19 year old boys do much for me - I am assuming that you mean that if they were female you would be bathing them - which proves exactly what my daughters tell me about old men and young girls and it isn't very polite! Ha, ha!
Old Jul 12th 2008, 5:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

I can't say that 19 year old boys do much for me - I am assuming that you mean that if they were female you would be bathing them - which proves exactly what my daughters tell me about old men and young girls and it isn't very polite! Ha, ha!
Oh, and old to my girlies means anyone over 24!
Old Jul 12th 2008, 6:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, and old to my girlies means anyone over 24!
How many kids have you got?

And which ones can I bath tonight????
Old Jul 12th 2008, 8:57 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MacScot
'Tis a late night snack...just presented the scientific facts as well !

Porridge (porage) is good for you...although in England you used to feed it to animals while the Scots slurped it up (Johnson on his visit to Scotland). The latter helped in producing a strong, intelligent martial race !!!.
Aye it makes a fine figure of a man o' them Willie Baxter........
Old Jul 13th 2008, 4:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The Dean
How many kids have you got?

And which ones can I bath tonight????
LoL - let's just say I have enough to give me the run around, drive me mad and entertain me all at the same time. And the thought of bathing them is very amusing.........
Old Jul 13th 2008, 4:57 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by admon
The worse bit about late night drink fuelled spare ribs is in the morning..

the realisation a few seconds after waking up that you took them to bed, fell asleep watching the tv while eating them and have subsequently spent the whole night sleeping on them.

They are now indelibly glued to your hair.
I once woke up in Australia after a heavy night on the abysnthe with a chicken drumstick covered in gravy stuck to the palm of my hand.....
Old Jul 13th 2008, 8:00 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
I once woke up in Australia after a heavy night on the abysnthe with a chicken drumstick covered in gravy stuck to the palm of my hand.....
... and I said 'sound, brekkie!' and tucked in...
Old Jul 13th 2008, 11:44 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by admon
... and I said 'sound, brekkie!' and tucked in...
actually.....I did as well.
Old Jul 13th 2008, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

Tansy is a name known to allTansy is a name known to allTansy is a name known to allTansy is a name known to allTansy is a name known to allTansy is a name known to allTansy is a name known to allTansy is a name known to allTansy is a name known to allTansy is a name known to allTansy is a name known to all

a chilled glass of chardonnay always does the trick, forget the food and drink through the hangover.........does this mean I might have a drink problem?
Old Jul 13th 2008, 1:50 pm
Here comes the Sun

twinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tansy
a chilled glass of chardonnay always does the trick, forget the food and drink through the hangover.........does this mean I might have a drink problem?
Yeah you obviously did have not had enough before you came home...