Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

whatever happened to expatjam?!

whatever happened to expatjam?!

Old Apr 20th 2009, 12:36 pm
Just Joined

lopsided is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: whatever happened to expatjam?!

Originally Posted by BangleMan
can I ask a silly question, and this is not a criticism of any 'lurker'....

But why would anyone spend days / weeks /months looking at a website which effectively is a 'chat room', and not register and join in ?

Where's the fun in watching others go back and forth while you sit there with an opinion, a point of view, or a humerous quip at the ready but cant post it

Just a thought .....
coz some people are listeners,and others are "talkers".I am one of the former.....dont have an opinion on everything,and on things i do ,i don't need a discussion..but love reading about what other people have to say..kind of like watching a movie..or your daily soap and as far as sharing with other people what i think,there are only a few who i know who really give 2 hoots about what i think,and those are the ones worth talking to! i try keeping cyber space at arm's length..but couldnt really help myself from posting this ,as with EJ,it seemed like real ladies talking,with EW,it's like so impersonal..dunno if that makes sense...anyways !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so i miss it and decided to find out what happened here and yes im bored enough to get some excitement out of something sinister like a government arresting bluecat and shutting her site down!!
Old Apr 20th 2009, 12:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
is that lurker or shitstirrer, i'm confused
could be a new word in the making here
Old Apr 20th 2009, 12:37 pm
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moto111
my eyebrows!
well tilt your head when you look in the mirror, and you'll be sorted
Old Apr 20th 2009, 12:37 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

what are ?
my dangleberrys
Old Apr 20th 2009, 12:39 pm
???

moto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to behold

well tilt your head when you look in the mirror, and you'll be sorted

I'll get dizzy as I'll have to tilt my glasses as well..could be fun
Old Apr 20th 2009, 12:39 pm
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
some of us work, buster...

MM, xx
I have been very busy today, I'll have you know.....did 3 hours in the office before you woke up this morning
Old Apr 20th 2009, 12:40 pm
Hammer for Life

Originally Posted by moto111
I'll get dizzy as I'll have to tilt my glasses as well..could be fun
who are you..... Mr Potato Head ?
Old Apr 20th 2009, 12:43 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
I don't think it's a weird question at all...when a popular site like EJ all of a sudden closes down without any explanation while it was frequently used by an amount of loyal posters, it's bound to raise questions.
Anything that happens in Dubai gets questioned on here, so why not this, the fact that it has nothing to do with BE is not the point at all...
And you of all people BC should know what happens in Dubai when something like this happens...people start speculating...
the loyal posters know why it shut down, and anyone else who wanted to know could have e mailed me, I would have explained.
Old Apr 20th 2009, 12:47 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
the loyal posters know why it shut down, and anyone else who wanted to know could have e mailed me, I would have explained.
of course...but that's not the way these things work...
when there is a bad accident, we don't email RTA, we talk about it on here...
when Sheik Mo does something...we don't call him, we talk about it on here
when Aldar fires 1000000 people, we don't contact them, we talk about it on here...
and now it's a site that has closed down...and there's people that talk about that for a few days and then it's old news....
???

moto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to behold

who are you..... Mr Potato Head ?
- mrs Potato Head
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
of course...but that's not the way these things work...
when there is a bad accident, we don't email RTA, we talk about it on here...
when Sheik Mo does something...we don't call him, we talk about it on here
when Aldar fires 1000000 people, we don't contact them, we talk about it on here...
and now it's a site that has closed down...and there's people that talk about that for a few days and then it's old news....
here's hoping.
Old Apr 20th 2009, 12:55 pm
Just Joined

lopsided is an unknown quantity at this point

okie so im reallllllllly pushing it now aren't i---what really happened? we've got a 4 page thread running and noooooooo answers!!

do i reallly have to email to find out? is it that secret?!
Old Apr 20th 2009, 12:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Amazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I was one of the loyal posters from way back when EJ first began and I was very happy to have been part of it as I found some wonderful friends in the real world through it.

I also sent a very nice email asking why when one day when I logged in as usual I had been banned and have never had the courtesy of a reply and of course there is always TWO side to every story.
Old Apr 20th 2009, 12:57 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lopsided
okie so im reallllllllly pushing it now aren't i---what really happened? we've got a 4 page thread running and noooooooo answers!!

just keep on speculating...the truth is bound to be an anti climax...it always is in these cases...
Old Apr 20th 2009, 12:57 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by lopsided

I had had enough of running my own forum, I prefer to post on here, I suppose I prefer being a member not running a forum. I felt it was time to move on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.