Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

What would you do for a million quid?

What would you do for a million quid?

Old Feb 26th 2013, 9:55 am

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What would you do for a million quid?

Originally Posted by britexpat76
I think the more appropriate question is what you would not do. I wouldn't take a million quid to stay in jail for 20 years.
This is an interesting one because here you could have a sliding scale..how much money is potentially worth how much time in jail?

A month, two months, three months for 100k?

How many years for a million?
Old Feb 26th 2013, 9:56 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Meow
Did you see the UK TV programme written by Charlie Brooker (who really is one sick puppy) about a Prime Minister who had to shag a pig to keep a much-loved princess alive? Part of his Black Mirror series.

He may be old now, but one million would be enough to do Robert Redford.
Robby Red's isn't enough for a million nuggets. It's got to hurt you mentally / emotionally / physically. It's a lot of cash.

How about John McCririck (sp)?

Originally Posted by Miss Anne Thrope
Didn't take long to get down to hard negotiating...
Hahahahahahahahahahaha.

What would you do?
Old Feb 26th 2013, 9:57 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't take long to get down to hard negotiating...
Indeed.
Old Feb 26th 2013, 9:58 am

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Scamp
Robby Red's isn't enough for a million nuggets. It's got to hurt you mentally / emotionally / physically. It's a lot of cash.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha.

What would you do?
Take it up the chuff twice a week?
Old Feb 26th 2013, 9:58 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

*vomits*

GBP 1M isn't really that much. In real terms it's reducing by the day!
Old Feb 26th 2013, 9:59 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

This is an interesting one because here you could have a sliding scale..how much money is potentially worth how much time in jail?

I would do a couple of years for that.
Old Feb 26th 2013, 10:04 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I'd do a month for a million, no longer. I couldn't cope I don't think. Genuinely.

Take it up the chuff twice a week?
Oh you...

*vomits*

GBP 1M isn't really that much. In real terms it's reducing by the day!
I knew it would be you that said that

It is a lot of money, not enough to retire but certainly enough to set a wise person up for life.

I would do a couple of years for that.
Seriously? Jail is my idea of hell, I would rather do a lot of things than spend time in prison.
Old Feb 26th 2013, 10:30 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Seriously? Jail is my idea of hell, I would rather do a lot of things than spend time in prison.
You have to be realistic. Its 1,000,000 sterling - You don't get that for a month. I did 2 weeks, found it quite good for the soul, met people I would never meet (In deeper shit than me) Detoxed, ate camel for the 1st time and had free cigarettes.
Old Feb 26th 2013, 10:56 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

You have to be realistic. Its 1,000,000 sterling - You don't get that for a month. I did 2 weeks, found it quite good for the soul, met people I would never meet (In deeper shit than me) Detoxed, ate camel for the 1st time and had free cigarettes.
Did you walk away with 500,000?
Old Feb 26th 2013, 10:59 am
Account Closed

No way.

There is nothing in life that restricts you liek jail.

I have to be in work all day, but I sometimes enjoy it and can make the time go quick and earn soem dollar if I work hard.

I can't afford right now to just fly home and see my buddies, so that's a bit restrictive, but I don't mind, I like being here and they can come and visit.

The only thing I see as truly a restriction is jail (I know it sounds stupid), but it's a horrific thought to not be able to leave or do anything for X weeks / months / years. I'd be a gibbering, crying wreck. Hence why i'm such a law-abider.
Old Feb 26th 2013, 11:03 am
Shark Fisherman

Originally Posted by al dente
Did you walk away with 500,000?
You do get AED 100 a day taken off your fine though. When they bang up the poor Asians etc that's the only way they can afford to get out. If they get a AED 6000 fine its 60 days.

My Fine was AED 30,000 that's a lot of days if you cant pay.
Old Feb 26th 2013, 5:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

good god man..
Old Feb 26th 2013, 7:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to all

I'd continue doing my current job for 10 years. Depressing really when you add up what you've earned and look at what you've got left over.
Old Feb 26th 2013, 8:23 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Did you see the UK TV programme written by Charlie Brooker (who really is one sick puppy) about a Prime Minister who had to shag a pig to keep a much-loved princess alive? Part of his Black Mirror series.

He may be old now, but one million would be enough to do Robert Redford.
I raise you 10k
but he would have to keep his uniform ( a la The Way We Were) on,
Old Feb 26th 2013, 9:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

For this sum I would agree to spend a week in Benidorm with a group of British tourists. No penetration though. That would be extra.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.