British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   What would happen if Beard Man wanted to rule the UAE? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/what-would-happen-if-beard-man-wanted-rule-uae-536450/)

weescot May 15th 2008 1:17 pm

Re: What would happen if Beard Man wanted to rule the UAE?

Originally Posted by Beard Man (Post 6354422)
ok in the socity where i live .. men get married to one lady only .. it is unlikly for a man to get married to more than one ...

we are saying a man is allowed to get married to 3/4 .. but it is not really happening.

...maybe not in the UAE... yet common in other muslim socieities. But I have never met 2,3 or 4th wives that are either widows, destitute or needy... just pretty.

Beard Man May 15th 2008 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie (Post 6354401)
And the families in the UAE are mainly wahhaabeyah also?

There are a few shia families here as well, right - Hashemis?

i don't think wahhaabeyah is in the UAE with great numbers ...

shia are little as well .. as far as i know

most of UAE socity are just muslims who care about doing their prayer and doing good things to others... without hurting other groups

a peacefull socity in other words... they are not into group things

not as far as i know.

Beard Man May 15th 2008 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by weescot (Post 6354453)
...maybe not in the UAE... yet common in other muslim socieities. But I have never met 2,3 or 4th wives that are either widows, destitute or needy... just pretty.

when considering the life style and how expensive it is for a man to live with one woman .. i can say that men are not married to more than 1 wife in most of the islamic countries ..

as a mattar of a fact .. alot of them are not able to even get married to 1 woman.

shakh your bootie May 15th 2008 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by Beard Man (Post 6354468)
i don't think wahhaabeyah is in the UAE with great numbers ...

shia are little as well .. as far as i know

most of UAE socity are just muslims who care about doing their prayer and doing good things to others... without hurting other groups

a peacefull socity in other words... they are not into group things

not as far as i know.

You guys in the UAE are lucky in that respect - there are problems in Bahrain between the Sunni and Shia. Also in Kuwait, when I was living there, there was violence on the streets between Khaleejis of the two sects. That's without even mentioning the problems in Iraq....

Originally Posted by Beard Man (Post 6354483)
when considering the life style and how expensive it is for a man to live with one woman .. i can say that men are not married to more than 1 wife in most of the islamic countries ..

as a mattar of a fact .. alot of them are not able to even get married to 1 woman.

Also in the Khaleej there is a growing divorce rate......

weescot May 15th 2008 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by Beard Man (Post 6354483)

expensive to live in countries like Pakistan, Egypt, Afghanistan, Sudan..... again, do your research before making these assertions. I have even met multiple wives in Europe (well, Albania, Kosovo....)

Beard Man May 15th 2008 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie (Post 6354536)
You guys in the UAE are lucky in that respect - there are problems in Bahrain between the Sunni and Shia. Also in Kuwait, when I was living there, there was violence on the streets between Khaleejis of the two sects. That's without even mentioning the problems in Iraq....

Also in the Khaleej there is a growing divorce rate......

i dont know for how long this luck will remain ...

if democracy was interoduced ... problems will occur then.

and you are right divrce rates are increasing because of many things we can talk about it later on ..cause it is really interesting topic

Beard Man May 15th 2008 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by weescot (Post 6354554)
expensive to live in countries like Pakistan, Egypt, Afghanistan, Sudan..... again, do your research before making these assertions. I have even met multiple wives in Europe (well, Albania, Kosovo....)

can you give me a percentage on the number of men getting married to more than 1 in the whole islamic world ??? country by country ???

pauldxb May 15th 2008 3:13 pm

There's a lot of love on this thread :thumbsup:

weescot May 15th 2008 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by Beard Man (Post 6354771)
can you give me a percentage on the number of men getting married to more than 1 in the whole islamic world ??? country by country ???

OK privide me with the contact details for each census office for each Islamic country you want this information, then I will galdly contact them. But I doubt many of these countries even have the capacity to conduct this data gathering....

BangleMan May 15th 2008 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by pauldxb (Post 6355128)
There's a lot of love on this thread :thumbsup:

We should drag ol' Beardy Man down to Upton Park and let him air his views in the Chicken Run.....and take bets on how long he stays in one piece ....lol

Inselaffen May 15th 2008 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 6355227)
We should drag ol' Beardy Man down to Upton Park and let him air his views in the Chicken Run.....and take bets on how long he stays in one piece ....lol

10 minutes at upton park would be enough to make most people top themselves!

pauldxb May 15th 2008 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 6355227)

I'll put £100 on 30 seconds or less.......

pauldxb May 15th 2008 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 6355323)
10 minutes at upton park would be enough to make most people top themselves!

blasphamy will not be accepted on this forum especially not on this thread, 100 lashes to Inselaffen

Inselaffen May 15th 2008 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by pauldxb (Post 6355358)
blasphamy will not be accepted on this forum especially not on this thread, 100 lashes to Inselaffen

I do appologise.
Of course nobody could last more than 5 minutes through that torture!

pauldxb May 15th 2008 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 6355373)
I do appologise.
Of course nobody could last more than 5 minutes through that torture!

Ha Ha.....Pretty quick for a Manc