Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

what if parties were not mixed

what if parties were not mixed

Old May 17th 2008, 9:47 am
Banned

Beard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what if parties were not mixed

Originally Posted by Coxy the Bear
OK, here's an idea, a debate on this level via the internet will never be effective. How about you come to Dubai, we go to a Shisha Cafe (most of us smoke and drink coffee) and it will give us all the opportunity to learn more about what makes each other tick. If you knew how Westerners (English) behaved, you would understand why you are having so many problems in getting a straight answer. It will also help you understand how your line of questioning can be perceived as offensive. It will give us a chance to understand you and how you feel as well. It is a lot easier to chat face to face than by the written word sometimes, especially if there is a slight language barrier. Although I have to say, your written English is very good considering it is not your first language.
I would suggest MH, BM, MissD and EE consider this as they have all varying views on life and would give you an excellent comparison. Who is up for this?

when it comes to the right time, i would really love to meet some of the good people here.

if by any chance i am talking to a way that is offended, don't you think it is better that someone tell me where i offended him/her??

and when someone is talking in a very bad way about me, my God, my religion, why people tolarate what they do ?? although i don't really care if people are insulting me that much but who gave them the right to insult my religion and my beliefs ???

thanks for your comment about my english .. i still think it is not that good and that is one of the reasonf for me to be around.

one more thing...

if you track all my posts from the start.. you find out that i was so nice to everyone and i will continue to be ... but they were so bad to me.. how do you want me to meet people in reality when they didn't respect me nor my religion in a forum !!!!

what garantees you will give me that none of them will be agrissve the way they are ... or that none of them will insult/disrespect me or my beliefs???

if they failed to be good here, what will make them be better outside.

and again... i would love to meet some of the good guys in a coffee shop when it come to the right time

there are people that already feel like meeting them because i feel if we ever did we will have something constructive not distructive.

thanks for the offer ... i will not refuse it (how can i .. you will pay for everything i eat and drink ... ) but i prefere to wait for a while before we set up a meeting
Old May 17th 2008, 10:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Karlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond repute

I find this thread some what intriguing !

I am at a loss really on why this thread was started and indeed where you are going with it, some find it offensive I find it laughable, what point are you trying to make?.

I fly out today with the wife & kids for a short break with the sole purpose of checking out what I believe to be a wonderful country.

Obviously I am of a different religious persuasion to the Emaratis and I totally respect the fact that there are certain 'acts' we as a British family need to refrain from, to ensure that the muslim tradition is upheld, I have no problem with this whatsover afterall when in Rome............................

We are obviously from different cultures. We are not used to attending 'women' or 'men' only parties, in our culture we mingle & enjoy the company of both men & women, you have got to understand Beardy that we
are raised & nurtured that way, the same way as you are nurtured to be a good muslim.

Lets turn the tables, 'What if muslim were allowed to attend mixed parties and some of your faiths religeous views were suddenly overturned ?'

Above all lets just respect each others cultures or religious beliefs, no-one is wrong and no-one is right, we just differ and everyone has the right to differ!
Old May 17th 2008, 10:21 am
BE Enthusiast

CeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Karlos The Jackal

I am at a loss really on why this thread was started and indeed where you are going with it, some find it offensive I find it laughable, what point are you trying to make?.

I fly out today with the wife & kids for a short break with the sole purpose of checking out what I believe to be a wonderful country.

Obviously I am of a different religious persuasion to the Emaratis and I totally respect the fact that there are certain 'acts' we as a British family need to refrain from, to ensure that the muslim tradition is upheld, I have no problem with this whatsover afterall when in Rome............................

We are obviously from different cultures. We are not used to attending 'women' or 'men' only parties, in our culture we mingle & enjoy the company of both men & women, you have got to understand Beardy that we
are raised & nurtured that way, the same way as you are nurtured to be a good muslim.

Lets turn the tables, 'What if muslim were allowed to attend mixed parties and some of your faiths religeous views were suddenly overturned ?'

Above all lets just respect each others cultures or religious beliefs, no-one is wrong and no-one is right, we just differ and everyone has the right to differ!
There is one key reason (not the only reason) why I as a young single guy would go to a mixed party...and that is to meet likeminded girls.

If invited my first reaction / question is "how many girls will be there?"

If i wanted a lads night we'd sit in drinking and playin poker. That however is not a party, its a quiet and cheap night in and a break from the hassle of partners. Sausage fest? No thanks.
Old May 17th 2008, 10:23 am
Banned

Beard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for being polite in talking to me.

first of all ..i will not hesistate to answer your question.

if things changed and we had to be in a mixed culture ..

it will take huge effect..

guys will take care more about their cloths.. and appear in the best shape.

how it will change talk .. guys will start talking about things that girls normaly are intersted in (i assume)

and because we have never been in such culture from the start... at the begining alot of problems will occur and this mixture will be abused .. (and i don't know for how long)

but guys as far as i know .. (alot of them at least) will try to get as many girlfriends as he can ... and many of them will care about nothing but sex.

maybe after sometime... they will change .. and sex will not be the core interset in the relationship with girls.. . but it will never disappear ..but it will become more hidden.

what else

i see that the only advantage is to get to know women face to face.. and to get one step ahead toward understanding them and how they think or feel or react ...

the disadvantages are alot

from islamic prospictive ... alot of unauthorized relations will occour .. it will lead to have sex without marrige ties... and maybe babies who don't know their fathers.
alot of problems considering that we have a different culture...

and so many other disadvantages.

now .. can you kindly answer me ... how do you think the western life will become if they had to sepearate... just give your imagination some space.

and by the way ... for you to not find this thread (original post) as an offensive thing... is something counted for you.. and therefore i own you lots of thanks for being open minded ..and for giving me the freedom of speech without misjudgening my intentions.
Old May 17th 2008, 10:31 am
BE Enthusiast

CeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Beard Man

how it will change talk .. guys will start talking about things that girls normaly are intersted in (i assume)

and because we have never been in such culture from the start... at the begining alot of problems will occur and this mixture will be abused .. (and i don't know for how long)

but guys as far as i know .. (alot of them at least) will try to get as many girlfriends as he can ... and many of them will care about nothing but sex.

maybe after sometime... they will change .. and sex will not be the core interset in the relationship with girls.. . but it will never disappear ..but it will become more hidden.

what else

i see that the only advantage is to get to know women face to face.. and to get one step ahead toward understanding them and how they think or feel or react ...

from islamic prospictive ... alot of unauthorized relations will occour .. it will lead to have sex without marrige ties... and maybe babies who don't know their fathers.

now .. can you kindly answer me ... how do you think the western life will become if they had to sepearate... just give your imagination some space.

and by the way ... for you to not find this thread (original post) as an offensive thing... is something counted for you.. and therefore i own you lots of thanks for being open minded ..and for giving me the freedom of speech without misjudgening my intentions.
If western life had to separate then it would be like eastern life....surely? There'd have to be a reason.

The closest i can imagine is a packed out pub on a saturday afternoon watching footy. Is alcohol allowed at this imaginary shindig?
Old May 17th 2008, 10:34 am

Coxy the Bear is an unknown quantity at this point

when it comes to the right time, i would really love to meet some of the good people here.

if by any chance i am talking to a way that is offended, don't you think it is better that someone tell me where i offended him/her??

and when someone is talking in a very bad way about me, my God, my religion, why people tolarate what they do ?? although i don't really care if people are insulting me that much but who gave them the right to insult my religion and my beliefs ???

thanks for your comment about my english .. i still think it is not that good and that is one of the reasonf for me to be around.

one more thing...

if you track all my posts from the start.. you find out that i was so nice to everyone and i will continue to be ... but they were so bad to me.. how do you want me to meet people in reality when they didn't respect me nor my religion in a forum !!!!

what garantees you will give me that none of them will be agrissve the way they are ... or that none of them will insult/disrespect me or my beliefs???

if they failed to be good here, what will make them be better outside.

and again... i would love to meet some of the good guys in a coffee shop when it come to the right time

there are people that already feel like meeting them because i feel if we ever did we will have something constructive not distructive.

thanks for the offer ... i will not refuse it (how can i .. you will pay for everything i eat and drink ... ) but i prefere to wait for a while before we set up a meeting
This is precisely why I suggested a chat at a Shisha bar. I can say hand on heart, I have yet to find an aggressive person on this board. Also, we will be in the minority, I'm not likely to suggest this in a bar where you are the only local am I? I feel a lot of this animosity is probably a little to do with language and culture understanding. This would give you the opportunity to understand that most British people are not as direct at asking questions as you are. We are a much more reserved society compared to a lot of other nations, and hence some people are ammused/irritated/offended by this sort of question. I have yet to find anyone over here with any aggression, apart from the odd Sri Lankan kid with too much Testosterone, so it is highly unlikely to occur with the people here on a face to face basis.
May I ask how old you are? I could be wrong but I would guess you are late teens maybe early 20's. Most of the people on this board are 30+ and hence have a lot of life experience and very firm opinions. We have been through the questioning life and our thoughts already.
Old May 17th 2008, 10:44 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Beardman - have you not yet realised that people on this board do not want to discuss religion or, to us, your antiquated ideas about how men and women should behave?

You are the one with the strange ideas as far as I, and I am guessing many others, are concerned. I believe you said that if you were to attend a mixed sex gathering your only question would be to ask how many women are attending. Generally, for those of us from the UK (this is British Expats after all!) we do not only see people in terms of their gender. We see people, who happen to be male or female. Mature adults are perfectly capable to having friends of the opposite gender, or to speak to someone of the opposite gender without thinking of sex.

In my opinion, your statements, and poor attempts to stimulate discussion simply show that you are immature and lacking in tolerance. Just because you believe everything in the Qu'ran doesn't mean anyone else should follow, what are to many, outdated and even offensive ideas.

I would politely suggest that as you really contribute nothing to BE, that you find an alternative forum on which to discuss your views.

-
Old May 17th 2008, 10:47 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Coxy the Bear
This is precisely why I suggested a chat at a Shisha bar. I can say hand on heart, I have yet to find an aggressive person on this board. Also, we will be in the minority, I'm not likely to suggest this in a bar where you are the only local am I? I feel a lot of this animosity is probably a little to do with language and culture understanding. This would give you the opportunity to understand that most British people are not as direct at asking questions as you are. We are a much more reserved society compared to a lot of other nations, and hence some people are ammused/irritated/offended by this sort of question. I have yet to find anyone over here with any aggression, apart from the odd Sri Lankan kid with too much Testosterone, so it is highly unlikely to occur with the people here on a face to face basis.
May I ask how old you are? I could be wrong but I would guess you are late teens maybe early 20's. Most of the people on this board are 30+ and hence have a lot of life experience and very firm opinions. We have been through the questioning life and our thoughts already.

if you read all the profiles you will find how many agrisve people where there

even MataHari said so... it wasn't my opnion alone.

and my age is in my profile

and i told you . i wouldn't mind to go out with copuble of people from here when it comes to the right time

would you like to read the original post of this thread once again to have your comments droped down or you find it frustrating as some said??

if yes .. you don't really have to put any comment.
Old May 17th 2008, 10:48 am
Banned

Originally Posted by CeeBee
If western life had to separate then it would be like eastern life....surely? There'd have to be a reason.

The closest i can imagine is a packed out pub on a saturday afternoon watching footy. Is alcohol allowed at this imaginary shindig?
it would be so lovly if you elaberate more .. having in mind that alcholor is not in the picture

how will speration effect on the mentioned mattars.
Old May 17th 2008, 10:50 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Meow
Beardman - have you not yet realised that people on this board do not want to discuss religion or, to us, your antiquated ideas about how men and women should behave?

You are the one with the strange ideas as far as I, and I am guessing many others, are concerned. I believe you said that if you were to attend a mixed sex gathering your only question would be to ask how many women are attending. Generally, for those of us from the UK (this is British Expats after all!) we do not only see people in terms of their gender. We see people, who happen to be male or female. Mature adults are perfectly capable to having friends of the opposite gender, or to speak to someone of the opposite gender without thinking of sex.

In my opinion, your statements, and poor attempts to stimulate discussion simply show that you are immature and lacking in tolerance. Just because you believe everything in the Qu'ran doesn't mean anyone else should follow, what are to many, outdated and even offensive ideas.

I would politely suggest that as you really contribute nothing to BE, that you find an alternative forum on which to discuss your views.

-

irrelevant to the posted thread.

with all respect if you don't like it .. just don't read it
Old May 17th 2008, 10:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Karlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond repute

what else

The thing is Beardy we do separate, men do their own thing as well as women do their own thing

For instance, I went to watch the Mighty Leeds United kick Carlisle's ass on Thursday night, the local hostelry that I attended was probably 98% full of men watching the football. (Not a party I know but you get the gist)

Afterwards I called for a nice indian takeaway and went home to my wife and kids, it never occured to me to go onto a club afterwards with 'the boys' to flirt or chat up the opposite sex.

We do as Westerners, flirt & chat with the opposite sex, but that doesn't mean we are ready to jump into bed with each other (chance would be a fine thing !) so above all we can socialise in mixed company, all male or all female company and still go home to the person we have married & in most cases borne children with, we do not always socialise with the intent of 'pulling' a new man or woman.
Believe it or not some of us are happy with the one wife or husband, I dread to think what it would be like to have two !

Heres a question for you................

I presume that you are married, if your religious beliefs allowed you to chat & flirt with other women would you do it?

If you got the opportunity to 'sleep with' another female would you risk your marriage to your wife and take up the opportunity?

I think your answers would be the same as mine..............

1.Yes
2.No

Many UK based Muslims and I mean many, are Muslim when it suits them, you go to any UK town or city on a Saturday night and there are many 'out on the pull' !
Old May 17th 2008, 11:01 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

irrelevant to the posted thread.

with all respect if you don't like it .. just don't read it
Actually it wasn't. I suggest you try reading my second paragraph, you will see that it is relevant to your initial question.

You just demonstrate that you only want to hear views that match your own.

-
Old May 17th 2008, 11:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond repute

quoted....
but lets be honest over here. a woman is more into the emotional part of any relationship ... and man is more into the physical part of any relationship ..so if in a mixed party a man meets a woman with bigger breast and better look it will surely starts something inside him like *waaaw* and he will like i would love to hold those huge things...

Can you please fill me in,as my education obviously isnt up to scratch...When you posted this I replied (post 21) to what you had said...to be told that it has no relevance to the thread.If you dont want views on things you say dont write them.
In my opinion...if im allowed to have one,you seem to be uninterested in anything women have to say.Plus,this whole thread is a joke.I think we can all safely say that the men attend "mixed parties" quite frequently...just without their partners/wives.
Old May 17th 2008, 11:19 am
BE Enthusiast

it would be so lovly if you elaberate more .. having in mind that alcholor is not in the picture

how will speration effect on the mentioned mattars.
I'm very sorry but for a saturday this is far too in depth for me - I've got other things to think about at the moment. I try and switch off from all sense and rationale at weekends.
Old May 17th 2008, 12:46 pm
Banned

The thing is Beardy we do separate, men do their own thing as well as women do their own thing

For instance, I went to watch the Mighty Leeds United kick Carlisle's ass on Thursday night, the local hostelry that I attended was probably 98% full of men watching the football. (Not a party I know but you get the gist)

Afterwards I called for a nice indian takeaway and went home to my wife and kids, it never occured to me to go onto a club afterwards with 'the boys' to flirt or chat up the opposite sex.

We do as Westerners, flirt & chat with the opposite sex, but that doesn't mean we are ready to jump into bed with each other (chance would be a fine thing !) so above all we can socialise in mixed company, all male or all female company and still go home to the person we have married & in most cases borne children with, we do not always socialise with the intent of 'pulling' a new man or woman.
Believe it or not some of us are happy with the one wife or husband, I dread to think what it would be like to have two !

Heres a question for you................

I presume that you are married, if your religious beliefs allowed you to chat & flirt with other women would you do it?

If you got the opportunity to 'sleep with' another female would you risk your marriage to your wife and take up the opportunity?

I think your answers would be the same as mine..............

1.Yes
2.No

Many UK based Muslims and I mean many, are Muslim when it suits them, you go to any UK town or city on a Saturday night and there are many 'out on the pull' !

you know something..

i would really like to meet you one day, i sence from your words how polite you are .. and a man like you is worth spending time with .. because i know you will not understand me in a wrong way and talking with you will be very contstructive

now let me answer your questions but first.. lets not take me as an example..because i don't want any one (at the moment) to know weather i am married or not (for a reason)

but i will talk in general ..

law is there.. men break law all the time . i gave an example earlier .. like over speeding .. i like it people like it .. the law is not allowing it .. but yet we still do it from time to time.

so knowing the law is something ..applying it is another thing.

the same go with religious stuff

a none religious man (muslim but not applying islamic principles)

will grap any chance (most likely) to sleep with another woman and they are doing it all the time (believe me .. i have married friends who say that to me)

are they risking their marrige life .. yes they are..

but .what i feel is that men are men regardless of religion or origin ... and so many men are cheating their partners with other women ... in the east or the west..

am i a religious person ... i don't think so .. i don't apply islamic principles all the time...

do i flart with ladies or chat with them .. maybe .. is it wrong ... if i did yes it is .. am i enjoying it .. maybe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.