Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

what if parties were not mixed

what if parties were not mixed

Old May 17th 2008, 7:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what if parties were not mixed

Originally Posted by Beard Man
well as usual you are far a way from the original post/topic

i think you are smarter than that.
If you read you own post,11 i think I am reacting to what you have written there.Why do you insist on riling people up with all of your posting?Starting arguments that have no relevance to anyone on here which is all you have done since you arrived.
You bore me.Go away.
Old May 17th 2008, 7:33 am
Banned

Beard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
How on earth would a smuck like you know who is being smart and who isn't? Moreover, we BE members are not dogmatic cyborgs required by religion or whatever to strictly adhere to the original topic. We are human beings with minds of our own...unlike you it seems...go back to the mosque, please.

if you are not here to talk to me about what i posted then i can't find a reason for you to be here !!!

isn't this true??

if you wana talk to me about anything else that is not posted here.. you can create a new thread and i have the right to accept/deny talking to you in that new thread..

but when i want to talk about something.. why do you wana talk to me about something else

don't you find it strange a bit ??

can i know what is the level of your education ?
Old May 17th 2008, 7:36 am
Banned

Beard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
And the original topic was? Cars, no...mixed parties I believe!

it is not only mixed parties..

it is imagining that parties were not mixed (imagine)

how would that change people talk, dress, attitude ..ect ....
what are the negative/positive things about it !!

do you speak english ?? i guess yes ..it must be your mother language isn't it ..so if it is so hard for you to understand stuff that is written in your own language ... what is this suppose to mean ??

you find it out.

if you are willing to answer the original stuff i posted .. then what are you waiting for.
Old May 17th 2008, 7:39 am
Banned

Originally Posted by MissDemeanor
If you read you own post,11 i think I am reacting to what you have written there.Why do you insist on riling people up with all of your posting?Starting arguments that have no relevance to anyone on here which is all you have done since you arrived.
You bore me.Go away.

you came to my thread .. so you may leave it and stop reading stuff within it if you didn't like it

and if you ever posted a thread i will make sure not to bother you over there either

how about that for a deal ??

nice isn't it.

i asked specific questions in the original post .. you choose to ignore all the questions and to talk about something else !!!

can i know what level of education you have ???
Old May 17th 2008, 7:40 am

Coxy the Bear is an unknown quantity at this point

it is like i am talking about cars ..and you are talking about fashion.

you are a way from the original topic/post

is it hard for you to read the original one and have a comment on it ??

what's wrong guys !!! i just want someone to imagine the situation of seperation .. and then tell me how he/she will feel about it and what changes might happen..

i advice you to see how MataHari responded to learn from her.
Erm, excuse me, much as I have the utmost respect for MH, I don't NEED to learn from her. I have my own mind and opinions as does she, and so do you. I have now obviously read you are Islamic, I apologise for suggesting you were German.
There is seggregation in all walks of life including religions. We have all been in situations where there are no members of the opposite sex, whether it be in the work place or at school. The difference is, we are not necessarily conditioned to have to accept this all our life and are given choices. I've met a lot of Emirati Muslims over here, and as anyone who knows me here or back home, they will no they I don't have preconceptions about them like a lot of the rest of the world or the media. I have made some fantastic friends over here, local and international expats. But what I don't do is question there motives, religious standings or potential fidelity with partners. I agree with freedom of speech, but know the line on the subjects that don't get broached. Who am I to question someone about 'how they felt meeting a member of the opposite sex who was more attractive than their partner'?
I can now understand why you have asked the question, but too be honest, it's not one that is asked in that manner. The only way you will ever learn how people from another following act in their own environment is to mix with them. I have learnt more about Muslim culture by actually getting to know the people, gaining their trust and actually being their friends.
Sorry to go on, but split between people and religion really hacks me off. I do not judge anyone for their beliefs, it is their opinion and I respect it whole heartedly. I am just as happy to sit down and chat with Western Christians, Far eastern Hindus or Muslims from any walk as the important thing to remember is they are people. That is one thing we all have in common and should not be forgotten. I couldn't give a rats ass if someone I am friends with is White, brown, black yellow or green, if I get on with them, then why do I need to question it?
Old May 17th 2008, 7:44 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

I think that posts in the threads by or with Beard Man have been a hoot!

The have been so revealing of the innermost thoughts of BE expats exposed in their posts.

I have been called "My Dear" but that is surely surpassed by MataHari's "Your Excellency".

Also MataHari stating "I am sooooooooooooooooooo not young" !!
Old May 17th 2008, 7:52 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Coxy the Bear
Erm, excuse me, much as I have the utmost respect for MH, I don't NEED to learn from her. I have my own mind and opinions as does she, and so do you. I have now obviously read you are Islamic, I apologise for suggesting you were German.
There is seggregation in all walks of life including religions. We have all been in situations where there are no members of the opposite sex, whether it be in the work place or at school. The difference is, we are not necessarily conditioned to have to accept this all our life and are given choices. I've met a lot of Emirati Muslims over here, and as anyone who knows me here or back home, they will no they I don't have preconceptions about them like a lot of the rest of the world or the media. I have made some fantastic friends over here, local and international expats. But what I don't do is question there motives, religious standings or potential fidelity with partners. I agree with freedom of speech, but know the line on the subjects that don't get broached. Who am I to question someone about 'how they felt meeting a member of the opposite sex who was more attractive than their partner'?
I can now understand why you have asked the question, but too be honest, it's not one that is asked in that manner. The only way you will ever learn how people from another following act in their own environment is to mix with them. I have learnt more about Muslim culture by actually getting to know the people, gaining their trust and actually being their friends.
Sorry to go on, but split between people and religion really hacks me off. I do not judge anyone for their beliefs, it is their opinion and I respect it whole heartedly. I am just as happy to sit down and chat with Western Christians, Far eastern Hindus or Muslims from any walk as the important thing to remember is they are people. That is one thing we all have in common and should not be forgotten. I couldn't give a rats ass if someone I am friends with is White, brown, black yellow or green, if I get on with them, then why do I need to question it?

why everyone here like to talk away from the original topic ..

i only wanted people to (imagine) how parties or gathering will be if both genders are seperated ...

and i only wanted to see what advantages and disadvantages they will find in a situation like this.

i didn't talk about religion and i didn't try or have intention to do so.

and when i spoke about the the feelings of a women when she meets someone else who is more attractive than her own partner this was for MataHari and she didn't feel offended ..she answered politly ..

why is it difficult for people to discuss things even if they are related to religions if freedom of speech is granted for all ???

i still insist that i didn't mention religion or try or have intention to do in this thread..

all what i wanted is to just discuss this issue
Old May 17th 2008, 7:52 am

if you are not here to talk to me about what i posted then i can't find a reason for you to be here !!!

isn't this true??

if you wana talk to me about anything else that is not posted here.. you can create a new thread and i have the right to accept/deny talking to you in that new thread..

but when i want to talk about something.. why do you wana talk to me about something else

don't you find it strange a bit ??

can i know what is the level of your education ?
Asking what someones level of education is in a condescending manner is also offensive. You really do need to choose your words more carefully. I will happily tell you mine, and I guarantee it was a of a lower standard than yours. It doesn't mean that myself or Missd can't state opinions without once again being questioned.
Education is not the be all and end all of life. Life experience is what matters. The points you make in your original post indirectly refer to the faith of Islam, so of course it was aimed as a religious question. You know it, and I know it. So does everyone else here. I'm not the right person to get invovled in a religious argument because of my extreme views.......that religion is a private individuals right to live their life and lead it in a way they see fit. To question it is to cross an undrawn line in the sand that everyone knows is there. It would be like me asking you if you've ever wondered what a certain meat that will remain nameless tastes like. I wouldn't ever suggest it, and I would certainly not potentially offend you or your faith by asking it.
One of my primary concerns when I came here was unintentionally offending Muslims and people from other religions. I took the time to ask questions to Emiratis, not specific 'What do you guys do in your faith' but non specific, please tell me how I can ensure not to ever offend you. I was met so warmly it was untrue. I learnt, took in and hopefully will carry on leading my life here in the same way as England. One with friends from many cultures who will enrichen my life just because I know them.
Old May 17th 2008, 7:54 am
Banned

Originally Posted by MacScot
I think that posts in the threads by or with Beard Man have been a hoot!

The have been so revealing of the innermost thoughts of BE expats exposed in their posts.

I have been called "My Dear" but that is surely surpassed by MataHari's "Your Excellency".

Also MataHari stating "I am sooooooooooooooooooo not young" !!

excuse my english but i really didn't understand

and one more thing.. i would be so happy if respond to the original post after you explain what you just said in a simpler words.
Old May 17th 2008, 7:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond repute

HERE IS THE LEVEL OF MY EDUCATION......UP YOURS.

Old May 17th 2008, 8:00 am
Banned

Asking what someones level of education is in a condescending manner is also offensive. You really do need to choose your words more carefully. I will happily tell you mine, and I guarantee it was a of a lower standard than yours. It doesn't mean that myself or Missd can't state opinions without once again being questioned.
Education is not the be all and end all of life. Life experience is what matters. The points you make in your original post indirectly refer to the faith of Islam, so of course it was aimed as a religious question. You know it, and I know it. So does everyone else here. I'm not the right person to get invovled in a religious argument because of my extreme views.......that religion is a private individuals right to live their life and lead it in a way they see fit. To question it is to cross an undrawn line in the sand that everyone knows is there. It would be like me asking you if you've ever wondered what a certain meat that will remain nameless tastes like. I wouldn't ever suggest it, and I would certainly not potentially offend you or your faith by asking it.
One of my primary concerns when I came here was unintentionally offending Muslims and people from other religions. I took the time to ask questions to Emiratis, not specific 'What do you guys do in your faith' but non specific, please tell me how I can ensure not to ever offend you. I was met so warmly it was untrue. I learnt, took in and hopefully will carry on leading my life here in the same way as England. One with friends from many cultures who will enrichen my life just because I know them.

can we stay with the original post... because all what we are doing now is just repeating nearly the same things we said before

i didn't have intention to bring islam into the picture.

all what i want is to discuss a mattar.

the reason for asking about the education level is to know ..am i talking to someone who is educated.. if yes .. why is he/she going off the topic !!! which is normaly shouldn't be an educated person's manner.

so enough talking off the topic..and lets focus in it .. (if you like) none is forced to talk about it.

and none is forced to even read it

and none is forced to respond with/againest it

but .. it would be nice of you and everyone else .. if they act like real civilized, educated, kind people and foucs on the discuessed mattar.

i wish you saw how people in other threads were insulting making fun of me, my God, and my religion and yet .. i managed to remain cool without attacking back in a bad way.
Old May 17th 2008, 8:04 am

OK, here's an idea, a debate on this level via the internet will never be effective. How about you come to Dubai, we go to a Shisha Cafe (most of us smoke and drink coffee) and it will give us all the opportunity to learn more about what makes each other tick. If you knew how Westerners (English) behaved, you would understand why you are having so many problems in getting a straight answer. It will also help you understand how your line of questioning can be perceived as offensive. It will give us a chance to understand you and how you feel as well. It is a lot easier to chat face to face than by the written word sometimes, especially if there is a slight language barrier. Although I have to say, your written English is very good considering it is not your first language.
I would suggest MH, BM, MissD and EE consider this as they have all varying views on life and would give you an excellent comparison. Who is up for this?
Old May 17th 2008, 8:32 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

OK, here's an idea, a debate on this level via the internet will never be effective. How about you come to Dubai, we go to a Shisha Cafe (most of us smoke and drink coffee) and it will give us all the opportunity to learn more about what makes each other tick. If you knew how Westerners (English) behaved, you would understand why you are having so many problems in getting a straight answer. It will also help you understand how your line of questioning can be perceived as offensive. It will give us a chance to understand you and how you feel as well. It is a lot easier to chat face to face than by the written word sometimes, especially if there is a slight language barrier. Although I have to say, your written English is very good considering it is not your first language.
I would suggest MH, BM, MissD and EE consider this as they have all varying views on life and would give you an excellent comparison. Who is up for this?
I look forward to it.....but I have my doubts Bearded Man will agree, because its easier for him to hide behind a PC and spout the kind of shit he does as opposed to doing it face to face
Old May 17th 2008, 8:33 am
Account Closed

scarletfan is an unknown quantity at this point

you came to my thread .. so you may leave it and stop reading stuff within it if you didn't like it

and if you ever posted a thread i will make sure not to bother you over there either

how about that for a deal ??

nice isn't it.

i asked specific questions in the original post .. you choose to ignore all the questions and to talk about something else !!!

can i know what level of education you have ???
I wholeheartedly agree with the comments by Coxy. I have not responded to any of your threads as I certainly find you to be an offensive individual. Miss D is my wife, and like many of my friends here, we Westerners care about our friends and family, be they here with us or back at home. I do not know whether it is normal for you to defend your family, but for us it is, therefore, I am deeply offended and insulted that you choose to ask my wife about her level of education in such a manner that is purely an insult. I would suggest you begin to use this forum in the manner in which it was meant, and that is to make friends and ask questions relating to the location in question. Most of us on here have left family and friends at home to gain betterment from life, be that from an educational point of view or otherwise, and if you care to look at some of the threads on this forum, as newcomers we were quickly welcomed into this family - because that's exactly what it is - and likewise, we welcome newcomers in to our midst particularly as we are all aware that arriving in a new Country can be quite a daunting experience. I suggest, therefore, that you refrain from writing the English language in such a manner that causes offense to a great deal of people, and research English Grammar in order that you may be proficient enough to ask a question that people may respond to as they wish, without the need for causing so much upset.
Old May 17th 2008, 9:40 am
Banned

Originally Posted by scarletfan
I wholeheartedly agree with the comments by Coxy. I have not responded to any of your threads as I certainly find you to be an offensive individual. Miss D is my wife, and like many of my friends here, we Westerners care about our friends and family, be they here with us or back at home. I do not know whether it is normal for you to defend your family, but for us it is, therefore, I am deeply offended and insulted that you choose to ask my wife about her level of education in such a manner that is purely an insult. I would suggest you begin to use this forum in the manner in which it was meant, and that is to make friends and ask questions relating to the location in question. Most of us on here have left family and friends at home to gain betterment from life, be that from an educational point of view or otherwise, and if you care to look at some of the threads on this forum, as newcomers we were quickly welcomed into this family - because that's exactly what it is - and likewise, we welcome newcomers in to our midst particularly as we are all aware that arriving in a new Country can be quite a daunting experience. I suggest, therefore, that you refrain from writing the English language in such a manner that causes offense to a great deal of people, and research English Grammar in order that you may be proficient enough to ask a question that people may respond to as they wish, without the need for causing so much upset.

you have all the right to defend your family ... but check that first ...

It wouldnt be a party,it would be shit and nobody would bother going.
If i wanted to get together with a large group of women and drink squash I would join the womens institute...after hanging myself.

From what I am gathering you are tarring all men and women the same.
You say that all women are the emotional ones and men are just in it for the sex.That is a ridiculous statement to make.
You also seem to think that all relationships are based on looks and the minute we (or our partner) see someone more attractive we are going to run off with them....so the answer is to not allow them to mix with anyone of the opposite sex?...but then thats just the women isnt it.

You bore me.Go away.

now don't tell me that she was talking to me in a nice way !!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.