Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

What films are on at the flicks

What films are on at the flicks

Old Dec 27th 2010, 8:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default What films are on at the flicks

Anyone been to the cinema recently? Whats on and worth seeing? ANy recommendations- no girlie ones please?

Also can anyone recommend which cinema is the best to go to- went to MOE and nearly exploded due to the number of locals on phones the entire way through the film- is there anywhere a bit quieter? Preferably up my end of town (tecom). Also do you need to book?
Old Dec 27th 2010, 8:10 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What films are on at the flicks

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Anyone been to the cinema recently? Whats on and worth seeing? ANy recommendations- no girlie ones please?

Also can anyone recommend which cinema is the best to go to- went to MOE and nearly exploded due to the number of locals on phones the entire way through the film- is there anywhere a bit quieter? Preferably up my end of town (tecom). Also do you need to book?
no need to book, try the new cinemas at Marina Mall, handy to get too and I hear they are quiet. Not been to the movies in years, I have too much to watch on the telly! BUT I would like to see The Social Network
Old Dec 27th 2010, 8:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Bluecat- just having a look at their website only 6 screens- so have Tron (although never understood the first one), The Tourist (Johnny Depp- drool) or Little Fockers or life as we know it (looks a bit too chick flick to me). Any film critics seen any of those? I ma known for my bad taste in films so anyone elses opinions would be good- boys?
Old Dec 27th 2010, 8:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Bluecat- just having a look at their website only 6 screens- so have Tron (although never understood the first one), The Tourist (Johnny Depp- drool) or Little Fockers or life as we know it (looks a bit too chick flick to me). Any film critics seen any of those? I ma known for my bad taste in films so anyone elses opinions would be good- boys?
The Way Back is getting good-ish reviews..............

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1023114/
Old Dec 27th 2010, 8:37 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

I would go for Little Fockers
Old Dec 27th 2010, 9:03 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

think me and the troulbe and astrife (christ you should have seen her on xmas day) are off to see Tron in 3D Imax, she doesn't want to but I'm going to make her AND buy me pick'n'mix.
Old Dec 27th 2010, 9:03 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
no need to book, try the new cinemas at Marina Mall, handy to get too and I hear they are quiet. Not been to the movies in years, I have too much to watch on the telly! BUT I would like to see The Social Network
they're great ones those, you get straight in, all new and clean and small - and carlucchios for pasta beforehand is reet canny like pet.
Old Dec 27th 2010, 9:08 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Spugsy
they're great ones those, you get straight in, all new and clean and small - and carlucchios for pasta beforehand is reet canny like pet.
aye sounds nice lad
Old Dec 27th 2010, 9:28 am
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

went to see Tron yesterday, which was good
Old Dec 27th 2010, 9:44 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
Quite frankly I couldn't imagine anything more boring than a film about the creation of Facebook, yawn, especially for the big screen. Might just be watchable on DVD in the comfort of the living room though.
Old Dec 27th 2010, 10:03 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by lionheart
Quite frankly I couldn't imagine anything more boring than a film about the creation of Facebook, yawn, especially for the big screen. Might just be watchable on DVD in the comfort of the living room though.
I might wait til it comes out on DVD actually
Old Dec 27th 2010, 11:25 am