What do you miss?

Old Aug 5th 2009, 7:39 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What do you miss?

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
I couldn't look more unavailable! I go there with my wife and kid...I got approached when I broke free of them to top up the card! It must be becuase I look 12 as it's happened in the past (in UK, Spain and now AD!)
and you were an Accountant.....
Old Aug 5th 2009, 7:43 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
I've just been driving through London at midnight, over Albert Bridge with all the pretty lights and chillout radio on and thought how much I love London.

What do you all miss about London (so I can make the most of my last few weeks here)

Kittycat
xxx
It's not so far away,you'll get back more often than you think KC.

Everytime I leave London, I immediately want back for tea at the Savoy, champagne at the Savoy,a touch of the Art Deco at the Savoy, to hear an impromptu tenor in Covent Garden and a brief encounter with a stranger on the Northern Line......a fragrant one of course.
Old Aug 5th 2009, 10:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

It's not so far away,you'll get back more often than you think KC.
Oh I know Eva- Just feeling particularly nostalgic at the moment- I can't wait to get out there! Have actually realised I just have time to do my tax return and pack so making the most of the little things.

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the Savoy- tea and cake in Sketch disguised as a meeting however I will miss, Sunday morning coffee on the Southbank, struggling to get a a cab to go South of the river after a messy night out - sigh....
Old Aug 5th 2009, 10:17 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Oh I know Eva- Just feeling particularly nostalgic at the moment- I can't wait to get out there! Have actually realised I just have time to do my tax return and pack so making the most of the little things.

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the Savoy- tea and cake in Sketch disguised as a meeting however I will miss, Sunday morning coffee on the Southbank, struggling to get a a cab to go South of the river after a messy night out - sigh....
Hah, great idea at the time girl eh?
Think I had a parallel life in Balham many moons ago!
I do like the Savoy though.Makes me laugh all that Nanky Poo and Yum Yum
Old Aug 6th 2009, 10:18 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

I'd vote for afternoon tea at The Wolsey these days. They make the best cheesecake in the world.

-
Old Aug 6th 2009, 10:31 am
Account Closed

Emerald_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Meow
I'd vote for afternoon tea at The Wolsey these days. They make the best cheesecake in the world.

-
In my opinion it's got to be the Pret a Portea at the Berkeley Hotel...
Old Aug 6th 2009, 10:39 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes
In my opinion it's got to be the Pret a Portea at the Berkeley Hotel...
Is that the one where they have iced biscuits in the shape of shoes & handbags?

Proper afternoon tea is lovely. I think I'll have to go & buy myself a cake stand.

-
Old Aug 6th 2009, 11:51 am
Account Closed

Emerald_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Meow
Is that the one where they have iced biscuits in the shape of shoes & handbags?

Proper afternoon tea is lovely. I think I'll have to go & buy myself a cake stand.

-
Yep, they base the tea on the different fashion seasons, picking out the most popular designs from the shows so you get things like vanilla cream Jimmy Choo cakes, Green Gucci Bikini biscuits and chocolate Balenciaga handbags etc. It's really silly but so much fun with the girls.
Old Aug 6th 2009, 3:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

lanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to all

Originally Posted by shiva
aye, north east of scotland, west of ireland and south east engerland, will be knackered, that said cant think of a better way to cram in that much scenery in one trip lol
Where in the west of ireland are you of to, if it's mayo can you check on my house for me Shiva?