West Ham

Old Mar 18th 2009, 3:57 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: West Ham

Originally Posted by boroboy
I feel West Ham have got off lightly. If they would of had points taken off then they would be the next leeds. Their wage bill is huge. In just about every case like this teams have had points taken off them. So what is so special about the ammers. What i do not understand is why did west ham loan him out to the dirty mancs for 2 years. They finally managed to get him under sole ownership and then loan him out for 2 years. I think tevez should be relegated and made to serve time on the books of dagenham. divine justice. How did he get that scar was he on the Belgrano. dirty corinthian scum.
We got off lightly ? A record £5.5m fine was handed out and people only thought we got off lightly after we went on a run of 7 wins out of 9, before that people thought we were dead and buried and would go down anyway so didnt give a toss.....i think its called 'the benefit of hindsight'

Its ok for Sheff Utd though to field weakened teams and openly admitting it, against stronger teams who they thought they couldnt beat, to save their so called better players for the relegation games.....how was that fair ?

Did Tevez or any West Ham player inexplicably stick their arm up in the penalty area in Sheff Utd's last game against Wigan, resulting in the penalty that ultimately relegated them.....er, no, I dont think so

Tevez was burnt as a child, although not on the General Belgrano
Old Mar 18th 2009, 4:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BangleMan
If we had had 3 points deducted, we still would have stayed up.....and if Man U had been able to beat us on the last day of the season we may have done too !!!
it wouldn't have been just a 3 point deduction though!
Old Mar 18th 2009, 4:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Sky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud of

We got off lightly ? A record £5.5m fine was handed out and people only thought we got off lightly after we went on a run of 7 wins out of 9, before that people thought we were dead and buried and would go down anyway so didnt give a toss.....i think its called 'the benefit of hindsight'

Its ok for Sheff Utd though to field weakened teams and openly admitting it, against stronger teams who they thought they couldnt beat, to save their so called better players for the relegation games.....how was that fair ?

Did Tevez or any West Ham player inexplicably stick their arm up in the penalty area in Sheff Utd's last game against Wigan, resulting in the penalty that ultimately relegated them.....er, no, I dont think so

5m is peanuts in reality, think Luton a 30 point deduction, now that woudl have made it interesting, you boys with -30 for next season...

Hmm lets see how many of your boys would hang around then??????

I fail to see how you think you have been unfairly treated?
Old Mar 18th 2009, 4:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

very lightly considering that relegation is estimated to cost clus GBP30 million
Old Mar 18th 2009, 4:35 am
Forum Regular

spilko is a jewel in the roughspilko is a jewel in the roughspilko is a jewel in the roughspilko is a jewel in the rough

I think it's obscene that we're having to pay them a penny.

Sheffield United got relegated because they were a shit side **** all to do with us or Carlos Tevez. They are a pathetic excuse of a club, their entire campaign has been one of pure greed, masked by a facade of seeking justice.

The only thing West Ham was guilty of was lying to the PL regarding the third party terms of Tevez's contract. Something which allowed MSI a say in when Tevez was sold and who received the majority of the cash, hardly beneficial to West Ham.

For this West Ham was fined a record 5.5 million pounds and as there was no precedent this was deemed to be the punishment.

The PL has stressed on numerous occasions that a heavier sanction was not levied due to the fact West Ham's indiscretion amounted to an administration error compounded by lies. Had the full contract been submitted to the PL then it would have been ironed out to fit within the guidelines as is done for a lot of deals today and there would have been NO problems at all.

The absolutely pathetic thing about this whole charade is that SU being the hypocritical ****ers they are, sort to extort West Ham and lay all blame at one club and one players door for their relegation over a whole season which involved some 20 clubs and over 360 players.

Meanwhile, West Ham can forget about the saga, and continue to re-build our reputation as a great football club, that plays football in the right way, and produced talent of the highest order. We have so much to be excited about at West Ham, so we will forget about those stupid northern scumbags that tried to drag our great name through the dirt, and move on with the pride and passion that makes West Ham the best club in the world.
What an idiot. West Ham cheated and then lied about it. They knew full well that there was a problem with the registration and that they had broken the rules. Yet they continued to play them because they knew it was their only chance of escaping relegation. They got away with it very very lightly. Good job Brooking has so much say wasn't it????

For you to state it was an administration error is clearly ridiculous. Bury committed an admin error when they played a player whose registration form hadn't been sent to the FA. They were booted out of the FA Cup. West Ham got a fine which was much less than the loss they would have made if relegated, for a much bigger rule infringement, and remained in the league. They should have been relegated without question.

All real football fans (apart from those who support the hammers) were disgusted at this whole situation. I'm sure many neutrals who used to have a soft spot for West Ham have changed their opinions now.

The only good thing to come out of this was it pissed of Warnock (who I hate with a passion).

And West Ham the best club in the world. ha ha ha ha ha . Your trophy cupboard (if you have one) tells a different story. You will continue to be a feeder club for the better Northern and Southern teams (if you produce any more talent that is)..
Old Mar 18th 2009, 4:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Sky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
very lightly considering that relegation is estimated to cost clus GBP30 million
yeah stop whinging BM, I think you have got away with a lot there...

You can relive those heady days of your intertwobob cup win a few years back, I once had to sit through the DVD of that cup run once...
Old Mar 18th 2009, 4:39 am
Forum Regular

spilko is a jewel in the roughspilko is a jewel in the roughspilko is a jewel in the roughspilko is a jewel in the rough

Course you got off lightly. Tevez was allowed to continue playing and saved you.

As for fielding weakened teams; a manager can choose what team he wants if he thinks he will get them more points in the season. That is what having a squad means..

(As long as the players are legal of course. There lies the difference).
Old Mar 18th 2009, 5:23 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
it wouldn't have been just a 3 point deduction though!
How 'wouldnt' it have just been just a 3 point reduction....?

There wasnt any reduction, so what do you base that opinion on ?
Old Mar 18th 2009, 5:26 am
Hammer for Life

Originally Posted by Sky Blue
5m is peanuts in reality, think Luton a 30 point deduction, now that woudl have made it interesting, you boys with -30 for next season...

Hmm lets see how many of your boys would hang around then??????

I fail to see how you think you have been unfairly treated?
It wasnt considered peanuts at the time....

Surely the blame for the fine / lack of points reduction should be aimed at the FA Panel who imposed the fine

Or was it because they and every other observer in the land beleived we were down at that time, and when we were roughly 10 points away from safety ???
Old Mar 18th 2009, 5:35 am
Hammer for Life

Originally Posted by spilko
What an idiot. West Ham cheated and then lied about it. They knew full well that there was a problem with the registration and that they had broken the rules. Yet they continued to play them because they knew it was their only chance of escaping relegation. They got away with it very very lightly. Good job Brooking has so much say wasn't it????

For you to state it was an administration error is clearly ridiculous. Bury committed an admin error when they played a player whose registration form hadn't been sent to the FA. They were booted out of the FA Cup. West Ham got a fine which was much less than the loss they would have made if relegated, for a much bigger rule infringement, and remained in the league. They should have been relegated without question.

All real football fans (apart from those who support the hammers) were disgusted at this whole situation. I'm sure many neutrals who used to have a soft spot for West Ham have changed their opinions now.

The only good thing to come out of this was it pissed of Warnock (who I hate with a passion).

And West Ham the best club in the world. ha ha ha ha ha . Your trophy cupboard (if you have one) tells a different story. You will continue to be a feeder club for the better Northern and Southern teams (if you produce any more talent that is)..
When you say we continued to play "them", you should get your facts right.....Mascherano only played 7 times for us and that was earlier in the season, as he was being kept out of the team by Mullins, so he had no part to play in the latter stages

As for Tevez, I saw him play week in week out the first 26 or so games that season, when he was very poor or average, hadnt scored a goal until March, and was invariably on the bench......If he was such an influence, how come no one is analysing those games

Who's to say that if Tevez hadnt played that his replacement wouldnt have scored in those final games ??? Its a total joke that some old duffer can say that Tevez was worth 3 points to us in the run in. Since when has he been clairvoyant ?

The fact is we won more points that season without him starting than we did with him starting and greatly deflects from the efforts of the likes of Green, Neill, Noble, Zamora etc who were all outstanding on the run in

We have probably produced more talent than any other club over the past decade or so, so have no doubt we will continuie to do so....if we werent any good at that, then the clubs you mention wouldnt want to buy them would they ?
Old Mar 18th 2009, 5:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Surely the blame for the fine / lack of points reduction should be aimed at the FA Panel who imposed the fine

Or was it because they and every other observer in the land beleived we were down at that time, and when we were roughly 10 points away from safety ???
Yes there is blame to be laid on the FA's door, who maybe did think you were down and the player concerned at that point were having a shocker... so gave a lesser punishment... WHAM probably pleaded about their illustrious past and Sir Bobby, so got off lightly. A lesser club would have had the book thrown at them for an admin error...

The irony being Tevez had a blinder for the remaining games and had a big hand in keeping you up...

I think a few million quid is rod all in reality...
Old Mar 18th 2009, 5:39 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

HE somehow got a pan of boiling water over himself I believe.
Old Mar 18th 2009, 5:40 am
Hammer for Life

Originally Posted by spilko
Course you got off lightly. Tevez was allowed to continue playing and saved you.

As for fielding weakened teams; a manager can choose what team he wants if he thinks he will get them more points in the season. That is what having a squad means..

(As long as the players are legal of course. There lies the difference).

what utter bollocks....We were saved by one man were we ?

Why dont the FA demand those last games be replayed all versus Tevez on his own, and we will see how he gets on, cos if he "saved" us then he should do ok

Football is a team game of 11 players, all of whom do a particular job. Yes there are certain 'stand out' individuals in most teams, but to say one player saved a team from relegation is garbage

As for fielding weakened teams; you're absolutely right a manager can choose what team he wants if he thinks he will get them more points in the season......the point is that by his own admission, Warnock fieled weakened teams in the knowledge they would get beat, but to save the so called better players for games he thought he could win......big difference !

As such, why the arbitration panel didnt just tell SUFC to **** off, you have yourselves to blame, is beyond me
Old Mar 18th 2009, 5:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Spugsy
HE somehow got a pan of boiling water over himself I believe.
I thought he fell down a well!
Old Mar 18th 2009, 5:42 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Lets face facts here, you SHOULD have had a points deduction, which would have sent you down,

the FA should have done that but they didn't, so they are to blame really, all this suing business is ridiculous, it's making a mockery of football.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.