British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   West Ham (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/west-ham-597457/)

Shadya Mar 14th 2009 7:49 am

West Ham

Lionheart tells me that West Ham have just agreed a GBP10 million compensation deal with Sheffield Utd over the Carlo Terez affair. The good news for Bangleman is that it is to be paid over a five year period to save the club from possible insolvency. Hope it will take his mind off other matters of a domestic nature.

The Dean Mar 14th 2009 12:41 pm

Re: West Ham

Originally Posted by Shadya (Post 7377993)
Lionheart tells me that West Ham have just agreed a GBP10 million compensation deal with Sheffield Utd over the Carlo Terez affair. The good news for Bangleman is that it is to be paid over a five year period to save the club from possible insolvency. Hope it will take his mind off other matters of a domestic nature.

He's soooooo well informed..............

Nothing on BBC, nothing on Sky Sports...............

BangleMan Mar 14th 2009 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by Shadya (Post 7377993)

I think it's obscene that we're having to pay them a penny.

Sheffield United got relegated because they were a shit side **** all to do with us or Carlos Tevez. They are a pathetic excuse of a club, their entire campaign has been one of pure greed, masked by a facade of seeking justice.

The only thing West Ham was guilty of was lying to the PL regarding the third party terms of Tevez's contract. Something which allowed MSI a say in when Tevez was sold and who received the majority of the cash, hardly beneficial to West Ham.

For this West Ham was fined a record 5.5 million pounds and as there was no precedent this was deemed to be the punishment.

The PL has stressed on numerous occasions that a heavier sanction was not levied due to the fact West Ham's indiscretion amounted to an administration error compounded by lies. Had the full contract been submitted to the PL then it would have been ironed out to fit within the guidelines as is done for a lot of deals today and there would have been NO problems at all.

The absolutely pathetic thing about this whole charade is that SU being the hypocritical ****ers they are, sort to extort West Ham and lay all blame at one club and one players door for their relegation over a whole season which involved some 20 clubs and over 360 players.

However, a large part of me is delighted that this could finally be over, and that they are getting possibly a quarter of what they wanted. Although £10-15m for a Championship club is a huge amount of money, and makes them extremely financially secure, I have total confidence that they will piss it all up the wall.

Meanwhile, West Ham can forget about the saga, and continue to re-build our reputation as a great football club, that plays football in the right way, and produced talent of the highest order. We have so much to be excited about at West Ham, so we will forget about those stupid northern scumbags that tried to drag our great name through the dirt, and move on with the pride and passion that makes West Ham the best club in the world.

Madam Medusa Mar 14th 2009 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 7378439)
He's soooooo well informed..............

but so strangely reluctant to speak for himself at weekends and evenings...

MM, xx

BangleMan Mar 14th 2009 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 7378542)

MM, xx

thats cos he's shackled to the bed, the sex slave that he is to Shadya

DaWarrior Mar 14th 2009 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 7378542)

MM, xx

Dr. Jekyll and Mrs. Hyde??

pauldxb Mar 14th 2009 3:20 pm

Ive heard nothing of this..... Jackonory me thinks

The Dean Mar 14th 2009 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7378508)
I think it's obscene that we're having to pay them a penny.

Sheffield United got relegated because they were a shit side **** all to do with us or Carlos Tevez. They are a pathetic excuse of a club, their entire campaign has been one of pure greed, masked by a facade of seeking justice.

The only thing West Ham was guilty of was lying to the PL regarding the third party terms of Tevez's contract. Something which allowed MSI a say in when Tevez was sold and who received the majority of the cash, hardly beneficial to West Ham.

For this West Ham was fined a record 5.5 million pounds and as there was no precedent this was deemed to be the punishment.

The PL has stressed on numerous occasions that a heavier sanction was not levied due to the fact West Ham's indiscretion amounted to an administration error compounded by lies. Had the full contract been submitted to the PL then it would have been ironed out to fit within the guidelines as is done for a lot of deals today and there would have been NO problems at all.

The absolutely pathetic thing about this whole charade is that SU being the hypocritical ****ers they are, sort to extort West Ham and lay all blame at one club and one players door for their relegation over a whole season which involved some 20 clubs and over 360 players.

However, a large part of me is delighted that this could finally be over, and that they are getting possibly a quarter of what they wanted. Although £10-15m for a Championship club is a huge amount of money, and makes them extremely financially secure, I have total confidence that they will piss it all up the wall.

Meanwhile, West Ham can forget about the saga, and continue to re-build our reputation as a great football club, that plays football in the right way, and produced talent of the highest order. We have so much to be excited about at West Ham, so we will forget about those stupid northern scumbags that tried to drag our great name through the dirt, and move on with the pride and passion that makes West Ham the best club in the world.

I'm still waiting for this story to be confirmed.

By the way, Bangles, it could have been worse - it could have been a 30-point deduction.........

pauldxb Mar 14th 2009 4:14 pm

It looks like your right

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...049970,00.html

Sandboy Mar 15th 2009 10:26 am

cheats never prosper

pauldxb Mar 15th 2009 10:32 am

Originally Posted by Sandboy (Post 7380993)
cheats never prosper

Sheffield fan ????

Sky Blue Mar 15th 2009 10:34 am

Originally Posted by Sandboy (Post 7380993)
cheats never prosper

or east london scrap dealers

Sky Blue Mar 15th 2009 10:35 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 7378790)
I'm still waiting for this story to be confirmed.

By the way, Bangles, it could have been worse - it could have been a 30-point deduction.........

I think a few million quid is actually pretty lenient, all things considered... Thats Lucas Neils wages for a year?

BangleMan Mar 15th 2009 10:39 am

Originally Posted by pauldxb (Post 7381019)
Sheffield fan ????

No he is a Sunderland fan.....says it all really

pauldxb Mar 15th 2009 10:49 am

We can afford that kind of cash.... i mean when teams are willing to pay £8M for Anton Ferdinand whats the problem, with 6 months some super rich & decent forign owner (if possible) will buy the Hammers how can an investor not fail to see the huge potential we have.....