This weekend

Old Sep 1st 2013, 5:30 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This weekend

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Shooter or shootee?
Shootee

Coming to a UAE publication soon. Be afraid, be very afraid...

Old Sep 1st 2013, 5:59 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Scamp
50 dizzers to drink one?
I'll give it a miss!
Old Sep 1st 2013, 6:01 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Robajob
Took the Lumina for a blast up Jebel Hafeet on Friday morning.

Went to the 'Hop" Festival at Irish Village on Friday afternoon

Had a skinful.

Signed my missus up to join a roller derby team in her absence

The End.
Went to Hopfest on Friday as well. Got there about 3ish and it was busy but plenty of room to move and have a wander etc. Was also really cold!

By about 7pm it was way to busy and really hot. But all in all was a really good afternoon.
Old Sep 2nd 2013, 1:44 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
I'm gratefully elucidated on all fronts. I'll let you know how I get on Fna'ing.
Well, no Fna’ing. By the time we’d done the 3 hour journey, checked-in and changed, it was 11 when we arrived at the restaurant, which is just when things get going, or so I’m told. My little neck of the woods in Morocco is fairly typical ME / North Africa, ie shit; Marrakech is, literally, like a different country: different cars (Jags, Maseratii, Ferrarii, Porches as opposed to so-knackered-you-wouldn’t-even-be-allowed-to-drive-them-to-the-scrapyard Mercedes being used as taxis-cum-buses, Renault 14’s, which were shite when they were made but don’t improve after 15 years in France followed by 20 years of nil maintenance in Morocco, and the locally-built Dacias which are appalling); proper shops; almost every building the same terracotta/pink colour; decent restaurants; weird road layout.
Good meal (although I really can’t get worked up about Tajine—yeah, the slow cooking makes the meat nice and soft, and gives time for the herbs and spices to infuse fully, but it’s basically just a slow-cook), but the restaurant was incredibly atmospheric (Middle Eastern-cum-gothic-cum-brothelish-cum-palatial) and the belly-dancers (who appeared twice—no stage, they just came and danced at the tables, and worked their way through the restaurant so each one of the half-dozen or so visited every table) were the best I’ve ever seen: young (all in their 20’s), nubile and good dancers. And barely dressed.
Then on to the 1st nightclub—Spanish. The stage, filled with a 20-strong band, was at table top level, and extended as a table top into and across the room in a huge cross, like a catwalk, with both singers and the audience literally dancing on the tables. Between appearances there were various acts, including a big black muscular male dancer who did a semi strip while holding an aerosol can in each hand which had ignition devices, so each time he sprayed them there was a fireball; and then the barely-dressed gymnasts-cum-dancers, also extremely fit. Mental.
Then downstairs to the Moroccan nightclub, which was heaving. As is the norm (as much as one is established), buying a bottle of spirits in a nightclub is the done thing (in my local one it’s the only way to get a VIP table—ie any table that isn’t tucked away in a corner). A good time was had. Nothing further to report on that front.
Broke fast al fresco in a French-style café. Then the guys I was with decided they want to head back to Casablanca for a Hamman (Moroccan sauna / massage), so that was it for Marrakech. What little I saw of the city was, largely, eye-watering in comparison with the rest of the country that I’ve seen. There’s pretty-much **** all for several hundred clicks around it (apart from the Atlas Mountains), but it appears to have charm and diversity. The cafés generally spill out onto the pavement, and with average service while looking across wide tree-lined boulevards give it a French feel (reinforced, of course, by nearly everyone speaking French); the squalor, lack of sanitation and high-self-respect give it a distinct North Africa / ME character; some of the flashiness is what I imagine Vegas to be like (plus it’s in the middle of a desert); and the street markets and hustle-bustle give it the feel of Guangzhou. Ok, each city is unique, but so far everyone one I’ve visited I could probably sum up in one sentence if really pushed. Not so for Marrakech, just so … different. Definitely want to see more of it; package deals from UK are not much more than the standard air fare.
Old Sep 2nd 2013, 2:58 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

I'm dilute it does...now I'm off to make my morning shake; salt, raw chicken, 13 tea spoons of grapefruit juice, sand, half a pear and one hair. Mmmm
The high fat, low carb diet is going well. Upped the ante today with my bullet proof coffee. Increased the butter to 50g. Epic
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 4:59 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by commander
The high fat, low carb diet is going well. Upped the ante today with my bullet proof coffee. Increased the butter to 50g. Epic
I smashed a sugar into my so-strong-the-spoon-stands-up coffee this morning.

LIVING ON THE ****ING EDGE COMMANDER.

We're the future, my friend.
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 1:49 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

I smashed a sugar into my so-strong-the-spoon-stands-up coffee this morning.

LIVING ON THE ****ING EDGE COMMANDER.

We're the future, my friend.
Worst thing is....beer is a complete no no. I'm now confined to tea, coffee( with cream) and red wine

70% cocoa chocolate is okay in moderation also.

Rock and ****ing roll
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 3:18 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Worst thing is....beer is a complete no no. I'm now confined to tea, coffee( with cream) and red wine

Rock and ****ing roll
Of course, this is entirely your choice.
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 5:14 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Rock and ****ing roll
Red wine: good
Red wine hangover: BAD
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 7:15 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Signed my missus up to join a roller derby team in her absence

The End.
Fresh meat eh? Did you just want her to wear the outfits?
I love derby! Nothing quite like kicking some girly butt once a week.

I've been house hunting all weekend and most likely next weekend too
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 8:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Blazeaway will become famous soon enoughBlazeaway will become famous soon enough

Rock and ****ing roll
Love 70% chocolate, 1 bar lasts a week!
Old Sep 4th 2013, 5:41 am
Forum Regular

Robajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Kelli28
Fresh meat eh? Did you just want her to wear the outfits?
I love derby! Nothing quite like kicking some girly butt once a week.

I've been house hunting all weekend and most likely next weekend too
Outfits? I have no idea what the dress code for roller derby is, indeed I have only the vaguest understanding of what it involves!
Old Sep 4th 2013, 7:49 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Outfits? I have no idea what the dress code for roller derby is, indeed I have only the vaguest understanding of what it involves!
Fishnets knee pads and little else!

You Know it's a contact sport and she'll be coming home with a bruise or two or three!

Last edited by Kelli28; Sep 4th 2013 at 9:40 am.
Old Sep 4th 2013, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

Robajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Kelli28
Fishnets knee pads and little else!

You Know it's a contact sport and she'll be coming home with a bruise or two or three!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mlfCPc1Zh...e_gdata_player
I think it would be infiinitely more amusing if they did it in local dress.

I'm married to a Donny lass, so she'll be the one doing the bruising
Old Sep 4th 2013, 11:05 am
banned

Originally Posted by Meow
Of course, this is entirely your choice.
of course. its my thing. I am experimenting with my body.

Mid life crisis in full swing.