Weather

Old Nov 21st 2013, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

the_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Weather

Originally Posted by The_Citizen
Was going to go Step On tonight but that's been cancelled.
Never been, aways fancied it. Any good?
Old Nov 21st 2013, 9:15 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Apparently someone in Internet City just got 'evacuated' from their building because of the impending typhoon.

Seriously?

It's dead still on the work balcony and barely raining...
Wow, You only have what we got yesterday. 3 hours of rain a few flooded car parks and Villagio under water. Its mostly gone today and the sun is back out.
Old Nov 21st 2013, 9:18 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

I am in internet city - dead calm and occasional spots of rain. Mrs Shed is at home as the government closed the schools. First time in my life I wanted to be a school teacher as I could be in a pub kicking off an early weekend :-(
Old Nov 21st 2013, 9:21 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by TheShed
I am in internet city - dead calm and occasional spots of rain. Mrs Shed is at home as the government closed the schools. First time in my life I wanted to be a school teacher as I could be in a pub kicking off an early weekend :-(
I'm getting pictures of all the Xmas decs my mrs is buying in the mall. She got told to leave school at 11:30 and is now unsupervised in every Xmas section MOE has to offer.

Tonight is going to be glittery chaos.
Old Nov 21st 2013, 10:39 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all

Originally Posted by the_red_sheep
Never been, aways fancied it. Any good?
Only been the once but it was pretty good tbh. Just something different from the usual nights here.

Good music, bar not badly priced and quite a lot of options at the bar.

I think the next one is 12th December now.
Old Nov 21st 2013, 10:44 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Total over reaction as unless you in in the mountains or by a wadi, it's just a bit of rain. No wonder the expat brats are so soft if they get sent home due to a bit of rain. I am sure most of us have bitter memories of playing hockey/football/rugby or doing cross country runs in heavy rain and sleet and we survived.

I hope it's grey all weekend so I can justifiably hibernate at home.

EDIT - also hilarious that a boat show has been cancelled. You'd rather hope the boats could cope with a bit of water...
Old Nov 21st 2013, 10:46 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Meow
Total over reaction as unless you in in the mountains or by a wadi, it's just a bit of rain. No wonder the expat brats are so soft if they get sent home due to a bit of rain. I am sure most of us have bitter memories of playing hockey/football/rugby or doing cross country runs in heavy rain and sleet and we survived.

EDIT - also hilarious that a boat show has been cancelled. You'd rather hope the boats could cope with a bit of water...
hahahah cancelled boat show?! Mental.

I remember a kid complaining that it was icy and below freezing before a cross country run. The answer..."run faster, you'll stay warm".
Old Nov 21st 2013, 10:47 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

hahahah cancelled boat show?! Mental.

I remember a kid complaining that it was icy and below freezing before a cross country run. The answer..."run faster, you'll stay warm".
And people wonder why we lost the Empire...

Old Nov 21st 2013, 10:50 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

although i do remember a couple of rugby matches being called off after people sustained injuries from hitting ground like concrete, i do agree.
that said i had a great excuse to do **** all this afternoon and didnt have to venture onto the road at rush hour in the wet and dark
Old Nov 21st 2013, 10:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

The Canadians think that our shut down for a 'bit of snow' is ridiculous.
The Emiratis think that our shut down for a 'bit of hot weather' is ridiculous.

same same but different
Old Nov 21st 2013, 10:54 am
Account Closed

And people wonder why we lost the Empire...

Tell me about it.

Rugby pitch being solid wasn't fun though. We had a game called off at half time once when a ruck formed and didn't move too quick and the kid at the bottom came up choking. Apparently being face down in a big puddle on a waterlogged pitch under lots of other boys is not only a bit queer, but dangerous too. Who knew?

School runs were great though, my mate got a tenner from some Jap tourists who asked for a photo. One benefit of running around Salisbury Cathedral at the end I suppose.
Old Nov 21st 2013, 10:57 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse

same same but different
This is no place for logical or reasoned argument.
Old Nov 21st 2013, 10:59 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Millhouse

same same but different
Is rain more or less 'expected' / 'freak' in Dubai than snow across England?

I reckon blanket snow across the UK to cause chaos is less likely than days like today in Dubai.
Old Nov 21st 2013, 11:02 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all

Is rain more or less 'expected' / 'freak' in Dubai than snow across England?

I reckon blanket snow across the UK to cause chaos is less likely than days like today in Dubai.
Its a joke really. I had a meeting at 4pm that's been cancelled because and I quote 'the adverse weather conditions, so the company closed at 1pm'. Best part was the company is a Scottish company and pretty much all the guys are Scottish. I have a feeling they will all be in the boozer now!

The drive home tonight should be fun.
Old Nov 21st 2013, 11:03 am
Bored liberal

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
This is no place for logical or reasoned argument.
This being either the BE forum or the ME.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.