Visitors....

Old Mar 3rd 2013, 2:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

LaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visitors....

Patsy, it sounds like you had my in-laws to stay. They are all of those things apart from the bit about alcohol. They hardly drink at all. And as soon as me or my husband have even a sip of wine, they start: "no wonder you are so broke/infertile with the amount of alcohol you drink".
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 4:29 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by LaLaLayla
Patsy, it sounds like you had my in-laws to stay. They are all of those things apart from the bit about alcohol. They hardly drink at all. And as soon as me or my husband have even a sip of wine, they start: "no wonder you are so broke/infertile with the amount of alcohol you drink".
"No wonder it's none of your ****ing business"
Old Mar 4th 2013, 2:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

A lot of visitors to (in particular) Dubai are stunned to find how expensive everything is - it still seems to have the image back home of a cheap place overflowing with bargains, rather like Singapore thirty years ago. And I had to break it to departing friends who were 'looking forward to Dubai Duty Free' that they were likely to need a mortgage for what they were intending to buy........

Also - to be fair - if you are arriving from an EK flight at the living nightmare known as Terminal 3 for the very first time, finding that DDF way over on the right hand side of the luggage carousels is a major project - travellers, and even the search parties sent to look for them, have been known to disappear over there.............
Old Mar 4th 2013, 6:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
Also - to be fair - if you are arriving from an EK flight at the living nightmare known as Terminal 3 for the very first time, finding that DDF way over on the right hand side of the luggage carousels is a major project - travellers, and even the search parties sent to look for them, have been known to disappear over there.............
it is in a shite spot isnt it ? As is the one at the back - they've even resorted to having pretty girls trying to pull you in ( as opposed to off)

mate of mine had an in law who drowned himself in brandy - used to head to barracuda and buy the 15aed stuff and put it in different bottles, never complained
Old Mar 4th 2013, 6:52 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Meow
Exactly.

Mind you, that many people want something for nothing that there are times when I think I might as well register myself as a charity...
It's not that hard to find is it?

I found it really easily, I just asked someone.

When people come through, I tell them where it is. I need my rum.
Old Mar 4th 2013, 7:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
A lot of visitors to (in particular) Dubai are stunned to find how expensive everything is - it still seems to have the image back home of a cheap place overflowing with bargains, rather like Singapore thirty years ago. And I had to break it to departing friends who were 'looking forward to Dubai Duty Free' that they were likely to need a mortgage for what they were intending to buy........

They flew Brunia airline because it was 10pounds cheaper!! They came into terminal 1. I arranged Meet and Greet for them so it was easy..He brought 1 bottle of malt whisky ( he drinks that) a bottle of baileys and 2 bottles of port.
I didn't complain too much because his wife (who is lovely) has early onset Alzheimers and I wanted her to have a nice time and not get too stressed..but it was a joke in the end... I worked it out that I spent 6000dhs over a 10 day period on stocking up fridges, taxis, paying for wine (so that I could have a decent bottle when out for dinner ) the meet and greet... plus paying the bill for several lunches because I just got cross at him ummming and arrring over the prices. ( If you pay the bill, you can be as rude as you like to your guests )

Anyway, I hated it..it made me feel mean because I ended up checking what he was drinking/eating at home and begrudging him every mouthful!! That is just NOT me. Still I did tell him that, when they come over for my birthday bash in September, they will have to stay in a hotel because I will have friends coming from the UK who can't afford to stay in one and he has pots of money...
Rant over... I have my house back and al is calm ..I just need to go to Baracuda and stock my booze cupboards back up
Old Mar 4th 2013, 12:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Patsy, it sounds like you had my in-laws to stay. They are all of those things apart from the bit about alcohol. They hardly drink at all. And as soon as me or my husband have even a sip of wine, they start: "no wonder you are so infertile with the amount of alcohol you drink".
Please tell me your husbo intervened at that point and told them where to go........... ??
Old Mar 4th 2013, 1:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

That is when I would have thrown them out of the house..didn't you say something..How DARE they!!!
Old Mar 4th 2013, 1:37 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
That is when I would have thrown them out of the house..didn't you say something..How DARE they!!!
I agree with Patsy. How rude!

Your home = your rules. Even parents need to respect that and have no excuse to be so rude.
Old Mar 4th 2013, 2:39 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Meow
I agree with Patsy. How rude!

Your home = your rules. Even parents need to respect that and have no excuse to be so rude.
I can't tell you how satisfying it was, being 24 and havin my parents clean up after me as in my home.