British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Visitors.... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/visitors-789225/)

Patsy Stoned Mar 3rd 2013 5:02 am

Visitors....

Nice to see them..nice to see them go.
My visitors have just left after 10 days...they have eaten me out of house and home...left dishes in the sink and never cleared their mess up.

Short arms and long pockets come to mind..it has cost me a fortune ..I hate mean people!! :frown: I knew there was a reason why I don't encourage people to come and stay with me for a holiday:D .....AND..He kept doing my crossword in the paper!!:sneaky:

Sherlock Holmes Mar 3rd 2013 5:07 am

Re: Visitors....

There is no greater sin than filling in someone else's crossword. :thumbdown:

Bloody cheek!

Sorry to hear this news. It's common though, freeloader is a term that comes to mind.

Patsy Stoned Mar 3rd 2013 5:14 am

Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes (Post 10579985)
There is no greater sin than filling in someone else's crossword. :thumbdown:

Bloody cheek!

Sorry to hear this news. It's common though, freeloader is a term that comes to mind.

I know..the ba**ard :rofl:
By the end I was just so wound up by it all that I lost my temper with him.

They are lovely in so many ways and his wife is wonderful.

I hate gluttony and greed...... drinking 4 bottles of red wine in 2days is hard going even for me!:rofl: Especially when you didn't bring any from duty free :frown:

Kix Mar 3rd 2013 5:21 am

I feel for you Patsy.

Hate people taking the piss, and your visitors obviously did.

scrubbedexpat141 Mar 3rd 2013 5:45 am

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned (Post 10579979)
Nice to see them..nice to see them go.
My visitors have just left after 10 days...they have eaten me out of house and home...left dishes in the sink and never cleared their mess up.

Short arms and long pockets come to mind..it has cost me a fortune ..I hate mean people!! :frown: I knew there was a reason why I don't encourage people to come and stay with me for a holiday:D .....AND..He kept doing my crossword in the paper!!:sneaky:

Ah man, undeserved massively. Especially as you've let them stay with you.

My Dad and Stepmum came and whilst she did her best to demolish all the ginger nuts (can't find them here), Dad did lots of clenaing and tidying and washing up, and in fairnes...paid for every meal out etc as a thanks.

Friends have been good too, I don't mind paying for people as long as they've offered (UK money doesn't go far here!).

Sounds to me like you won't be inviting them back?

jam25mack Mar 3rd 2013 6:01 am

Its a mega piss taking not taking advantage of duty free too!

scrubbedexpat141 Mar 3rd 2013 6:05 am

Originally Posted by jam25mack (Post 10580049)
Its a mega piss taking not taking advantage of duty free too!

Oh yeah, that's killer.

Mum's payment for coming was her and her chap loaded up the full 8litres.

Minimum expectation.

mentalist Mar 3rd 2013 8:43 am

You should have set the Doberman on him.;)

Miss Anne Thrope Mar 3rd 2013 9:46 am

I hate that, when you go out of your way for people and they abuse your generosity... You have to just let it go and know that you'll get your reward from a higher place (your own consciousness) and they surely won't!

Blue Cat Mar 3rd 2013 10:08 am

I don't encourage visitors, always ends up costing ME a fortune. Not bringing in Duty Free however would result in them never visiting again. EVER.

scrubbedexpat141 Mar 3rd 2013 10:11 am

Originally Posted by Miss Anne Thrope (Post 10580291)
your reward from a higher place (your own consciousness) and they surely won't!

I didn't know you were religious?

Millhouse Mar 3rd 2013 10:39 am

For me it depends who it is...we often have visitors and largely we open the house, fridge and anything to them. Live once.

scrubbedexpat141 Mar 3rd 2013 10:41 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 10580360)
For me it depends who it is...we often have visitors and largely we open the house, fridge and anything to them. Live once.

Oh yeah, but if you had people for a week staying who just ate and drank everything and then went quiet when the bill came or for a round of drinks i'm sure even you would get annoyed?

You can't be THAT laid back, surely?

Theseus Mar 3rd 2013 10:49 am

Its one week out of a long old life. If i can afford to treat friends and family to a holiday they might otherwise not be able to afford then i will. However i can see how it could be a bit disappointing when they really don't do anything to show their gratitude.

Millhouse Mar 3rd 2013 10:57 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10580361)
Oh yeah, but if you had people for a week staying who just ate and drank everything and then went quiet when the bill came or for a round of drinks i'm sure even you would get annoyed?

You can't be THAT laid back, surely?

I wouldn't take them out. They can only eat what I have in the cupboards and they wouldn't get topped up - :rofl: