The US

Old Jun 23rd 2011, 10:44 am
Account Closed

weasel central is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The US

Originally Posted by jackthehat
Satan's Gavotte! - Country & Western!
not for the music really clean open well laid out city, with a friendly population and a good feeling about it. Plus it had San francisco style trams
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 10:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I was half expecting, but didn't want, this to be a US bashing thread. That said, I was expecting a couple of US posters to go for 'attack is the best form of defence' route.

Anyway, as I sit in T5 awaiting my connection I can report it's not much different here. Other than the chicks understand my jokes.

Oh, and george town was lovely. The town planner must have been a fan of Tonbridge Wells.
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

Stealth Otter has a spectacular aura aboutStealth Otter has a spectacular aura aboutStealth Otter has a spectacular aura about

I always enjoy visiting the US (although US immigration is by far the worst 'welcome' to a country I have ever experienced around the World) because the place is absolute bananas.

I can't see how you can generalise about Americans when the diversity between East, South and West coasts makes it feel like you're in a different country each time...although none of them seem to understand a UK midlands accent - I have more success in Saudi!

...having said that though I think the tipping culture needs an overhaul
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 11:38 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Oh, and george town was lovely. The town planner must have been a fan of Tonbridge Wells.
It's Georgetown and Tunbridge Wells.
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 11:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ethos83
ROYAL Tunbridge Wells, if you are being pedantic....
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 11:42 am
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light

Disgusted
of Tonbridge Wells!

(Nice to see that you corrected the george town spolling)
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 11:45 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by OleJanx
ROYAL Tunbridge Wells, if you are being pedantic....
Go easy Tonbridge and Royal Tunbridge Wells are only about 5 miles apart.
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 11:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Go easy Tonbridge and Royal Tunbridge Wells are only about 5 miles apart.
Ok, fair enough.
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 11:57 am
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by OleJanx
Ok, fair enough.
Tunbridge Wells is the God's Waiting Room of Kent!
The smell of Urine, Biscuits, and Murray Mints hits you at the border!
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 12:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

when typing on a 2 inch keyboard think I care?

Anyway Georgetown was nice enough. Dull, but nice enough. I tried to get pissed by the harbour but just couldn't get the volume of that crappy beer inside me.
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 12:31 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Did I dream this, or have about 30 posts disappeared from this thread?
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 12:33 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
Who said that?
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 12:35 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue
Who said that?
Wow. Usually we can see when a post's been deleted. You went nukuler on his ass (and ours)!
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

Elmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
Perhaps from now on we should ask one or two probing questions before allowing people on this forum:-

"Have you ever visited one of our great universitiy towns - Oxford, Cambridge...Hull?"

That would smoke the bu***r out!
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 12:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by kittycat1
so you enjoyed yourself then?
yeh, it was ok. Might have to live there for a year or so and could do it easily. It was nice to walk around (the biggest failure of Dubai).

That said, back to the land of the Gypos next week and I'm looking forward to that more. Not that I could ever ever live there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.