British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   under what circumstance... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/under-what-circumstance-676185/)

kittycat1 Jul 11th 2010 5:12 pm

Re: under what circumstance...

Why not Patsy? Does she pee in it?

Patsy Stoned Jul 11th 2010 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 8694029)
Why not Patsy? Does she pee in it?

No..she can't swim! :)

kittycat1 Jul 11th 2010 5:19 pm

ah ok that makes sense then!

Grace O Malley Jul 11th 2010 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned (Post 8694036)

lol

Grace O Malley Jul 11th 2010 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 8694023)
i don't think they are allowed out of the house...but probably ok to supervise kids swimming in the pool from the side, even though they don't swim...

MM, xx

ha ha, supervise the kids, yet they cant swim, heavens forbid

busybee2 Jul 11th 2010 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned (Post 8694025)
I have a pool in my villa.not a community pool. My maid is not allowed to use my pool

in your villa, what, couldnt you walk outside in barsha?:rofl:

Patsy Stoned Jul 11th 2010 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by busybee2 (Post 8694089)
in your villa, what, couldnt you walk outside in barsha?:rofl:

no darling far too hot outside.:D Actually the locals next door to me do have an indoor pool. :)

Morecambe Mindy Jul 11th 2010 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 8693955)
...would you feel the need to take your helper with you when you were taking one child to the doctor...

i just don't get these people...with shopping, i can, maybe, half see it, though wouldn't do it myself unless i was taking my helper to buy something specific for her, but the bleedin doctor, can't you even take your kid on your own...geez...

MM, xx

ps, sorry, i know this is probably more suitable for ew...

Hmmm under no circumstance I could think of, but then again I don't have one, so would be impossible anyway!

My jaw always hits the floor when I see "madams" in Spinneys with their helpers trotting along behind holding the basket or pushing the trolley.

busybee2 Jul 11th 2010 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned (Post 8694101)
no darling far too hot outside.:D Actually the locals next door to me do have an indoor pool. :)

ooooh yes too hot.... yeh i know of houses with indoor pools in kca too.

Brains1983 Jul 11th 2010 7:35 pm

Dunno what sort of answer your looking for, but if people feel the need to have help around the house for cleaning, cooking, looking after/bringing their kids up, shopping (all the things that the majority of people do for themselves in the western world), what's the difference in them coming to the docs with a child they have likely spent a lot of time with?

lullabelle Jul 11th 2010 8:18 pm

When I lived in Richmond (the London one) the nannies used to take the kids to playgroups etc and the mums would trot along behind them and sit in the corner drinking coffee. You'd also see them walking along, wandering around the shops etc with the nannies pushing the prams. I couldn't see the point myself - surely you have a nanny so you could be doing something else?

When I got back to heathrow 2 weeks ago here was a family going through departures with their luggage on a trolley with the mum saying VERY loudly "we're just going to have to manage ourselves for a few minutes then the lovely etihad driver will help us. We've no maid and no driver but we'll be fine" or words to that effect.

She was only pushing a trolley!

Mind you, give me a few months. Not having any experience of "help" I'll probable end up like one of those women who make the maid polish her kids knees or something.

Madam Medusa Jul 12th 2010 4:00 am

Originally Posted by lullabelle (Post 8694278)
When I lived in Richmond (the London one) the nannies used to take the kids to playgroups etc and the mums would trot along behind them and sit in the corner drinking coffee. You'd also see them walking along, wandering around the shops etc with the nannies pushing the prams. I couldn't see the point myself - surely you have a nanny so you could be doing something else?

When I got back to heathrow 2 weeks ago here was a family going through departures with their luggage on a trolley with the mum saying VERY loudly "we're just going to have to manage ourselves for a few minutes then the lovely etihad driver will help us. We've no maid and no driver but we'll be fine" or words to that effect.

She was only pushing a trolley!

Mind you, give me a few months. Not having any experience of "help" I'll probable end up like one of those women who make the maid polish her kids knees or something.

i live in richmond, well kew, and have never, ever seen a nanny at a playgroup or walking round the shops...how odd...

MM, xx

Ethos83 Jul 12th 2010 6:56 am

Why do people care what others do with their maids? If she's already cleaning up your shit and ironing your clothes at your villa .... what's drastic about the leap from that to pushing the trolley at Spinney's?

commander Jul 12th 2010 7:56 am

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned (Post 8694036)

heh heh

soukie Jul 12th 2010 8:30 am

Originally Posted by Morecambe Mindy (Post 8694190)
Hmmm under no circumstance I could think of, but then again I don't have one, so would be impossible anyway!

My jaw always hits the floor when I see "madams" in Spinneys with their helpers trotting along behind holding the basket or pushing the trolley.

Yes I know what you mean and I always wonder what the "madams" will do when they return back to their semis in UK. I suppose they can shop on line and get the little man to deliver it to them.