British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   under what circumstance... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/under-what-circumstance-676185/)

Madam Medusa Jul 11th 2010 4:41 pm

under what circumstance...

...would you feel the need to take your helper with you when you were taking one child to the doctor...

i just don't get these people...with shopping, i can, maybe, half see it, though wouldn't do it myself unless i was taking my helper to buy something specific for her, but the bleedin doctor, can't you even take your kid on your own...geez...

MM, xx

ps, sorry, i know this is probably more suitable for ew...

Grace O Malley Jul 11th 2010 4:45 pm

Re: under what circumstance...

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 8693955)
...would you feel the need to take your helper with you when you were taking one child to the doctor...

i just don't get these people...with shopping, i can, maybe, half see it, though wouldn't do it myself unless i was taking my helper to buy something specific for her, but the bleedin doctor, can't you even take your kid on your own...geez...

MM, xx

ps, sorry, i know this is probably more suitable for ew...

Not a normal MM post!

On a different note, watched the tudors, thought it was somewhat better than season 3. I have a new pin up, Duke of Suffolk, gorgeoussssss

Madam Medusa Jul 11th 2010 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by Grace O Malley (Post 8693963)
Not a normal MM post!

On a different note, watched the tudors, thought it was somewhat better than season 3. I have a new pin up, Duke of Suffolk, gorgeoussssss

i know, it's just i had to take my 5 year old for injections today and while we were waiting this woman waltzed in, helper stuggling behind with this 2 year old in a pram, lugging all the bags etc, and i just wondered why anyone would take thier helper with them...

nah, only had eyes for henry...dodgy accents do something for me, lol...

MM, xx

kittycat1 Jul 11th 2010 4:57 pm

I'm guessing because they are lazy arses who have forgotten they have the ability to carry their own bags and can't be doing with the hassle of looking after their own kids. :unsure: personally i don't see whats wrong with locking the kids in the closet under the stairs whilst you go out.

;)

Autonomy Jul 11th 2010 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 8693983)
I'm guessing because they are lazy arses who have forgotten they have the ability to carry their own bags and can't be doing with the hassle of looking after their own kids. :unsure: personally i don't see whats wrong with locking the kids in the closet under the stairs whilst you go out.

;)

the maid and the children in that small space.... terrible.... ;)

Madam Medusa Jul 11th 2010 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 8693983)

;)

must be...but going to the doctor you do think would be the one thing they could manage...ah well...

MM, xx

kittycat1 Jul 11th 2010 5:02 pm

don't be daft the maid would be doing my long list of chores and would then be locked away in the attic with a bowl of greul and a bucket to pee in.

Madam Medusa Jul 11th 2010 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by Autonomy (Post 8693988)
the maid and the children in that small space.... terrible.... ;)

thing is, that's probably not that far from the truth for some people...loads of people apparently have the maids sleep on the floor of their kids room, it just beggars belief...

MM, xx

Patsy Stoned Jul 11th 2010 5:06 pm

Maybe she was taking the maid to see the doctor and had to bring the child along!:D

Grace O Malley Jul 11th 2010 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 8694000)
thing is, that's probably not that far from the truth for some people...loads of people apparently have the maids sleep on the floor of their kids room, it just beggars belief...

MM, xx

but more importantly are they allowed to use the pool

Madam Medusa Jul 11th 2010 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned (Post 8694006)
Maybe she was taking the maid to see the doctor and had to bring the child along!:D

nah, i thought that to start...but the kid was there for injections too...

MM, xx

Patsy Stoned Jul 11th 2010 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by Grace O Malley (Post 8694012)

my maid is not allowed to use my pool :)

kittycat1 Jul 11th 2010 5:09 pm

only to clean it Grace! and perhaps to check the temperature is satisfactory.

Madam Medusa Jul 11th 2010 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by Grace O Malley (Post 8694012)

i don't think they are allowed out of the house...but probably ok to supervise kids swimming in the pool from the side, even though they don't swim...

MM, xx

Patsy Stoned Jul 11th 2010 5:11 pm

I have a pool in my villa.not a community pool. My maid is not allowed to use my pool