Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

UK Parliament to be suspended in September?

UK Parliament to be suspended in September?

Old Aug 29th 2019, 12:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Parliament to be suspended in September?

I’m a big fan of the three sentence post.
Old Aug 29th 2019, 3:48 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I’m a big fan of the three sentence post.
Old Aug 29th 2019, 3:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse

I have to disagree. If you think about it he has done exactly what he said he would. You just don’t like what he said he would do.

Compare and contrast to the self serving DC who got us into this mess. The ref was an act of appeasement due to his selfishness desire to be liked. If he had the balls to say no then we wouldn’t be here.
Dc remains gonad free

Bojo remains a lying deceitful tool. He has not done what he said he would do unless you believe he says everything and anything to cover all his bases no matter how opposite they are. I prefer to go with Ken clarke's recent assessment of him, he knows him better than your or I

Last edited by mikemike; Aug 29th 2019 at 3:56 pm.
Old Aug 29th 2019, 5:46 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikemike
Dc remains gonad free

Bojo remains a lying deceitful tool. He has not done what he said he would do unless you believe he says everything and anything to cover all his bases no matter how opposite they are. I prefer to go with Ken clarke's recent assessment of him, he knows him better than your or I
In June he was recorded saying that is he became PM he would NOT prorogue Parliament to get a no deal through.,How times change..
Old Aug 29th 2019, 8:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

DXB
Saxe-Coburg-Gotha (changed to Windsor during WW!) - does not sound very Scottish to me
Old Aug 29th 2019, 9:24 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
DXB
Saxe-Coburg-Gotha (changed to Windsor during WW!) - does not sound very Scottish to me
The Royal family didn't have any surname until 1917. Children just used to take the name of their Father's dynasty or house, hence Prince Albert's children having that 'name'. But there's a heck of a lot more Scottish family members than German, the Queen is directly descended from Robert King of Scots from both her parents.
Old Aug 30th 2019, 4:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Through the Stuarts, aye. Enough said. Let's go for a republic ! Why are the English so reluctant to admit we have a bunch of Germans in Buck House ? the Battenbergs and the Gluecksburgs.. And do not forget Prince Albert of Saxe-Coburg-Gothat. Your ruling house is a gang of German princelings. Time for them to go.

Last edited by scot47; Aug 30th 2019 at 4:33 am.
Old Aug 30th 2019, 10:49 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Through the Stuarts, aye. Enough said. Let's go for a republic ! Why are the English so reluctant to admit we have a bunch of Germans in Buck House ? the Battenbergs and the Gluecksburgs.. And do not forget Prince Albert of Saxe-Coburg-Gothat. Your ruling house is a gang of German princelings. Time for them to go.
I couldn’t give a flying €%!$ what their DNA is made up of, I was simply correcting you.

Frankly I’d be amazed if many Brits didn’t have European ancestry. I’m more Polish and French than I am British if you look at pure percentages, but I’m British as I was born here and lived here all my life. Why are you concerned if the Royal family are of some German descent anyway? Rather xenophobic surely?

Last edited by christmasoompa; Aug 30th 2019 at 11:05 am.
Old Aug 30th 2019, 11:51 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by christmasoompa

I couldn’t give a flying €%!$ what their DNA is made up of, I was simply correcting you.

Frankly I’d be amazed if many Brits didn’t have European ancestry. I’m more Polish and French than I am British if you look at pure percentages, but I’m British as I was born here and lived here all my life. Why are you concerned if the Royal family are of some German descent anyway? Rather xenophobic surely?
Stop, breathe and remember you're arguing with a very old, very prejudiced and probably drunk anti-everything kind of person.
Old Aug 30th 2019, 12:36 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Scamp
Stop, breathe and remember you're arguing with a very old, very prejudiced and probably drunk anti-everything kind of person.
Ah, am I? Didn't realise the 'very prejudiced' although I should have guessed from the anti-foreign blood slant.

Ta muchly.
Old Aug 30th 2019, 1:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
The Royal family didn't have any surname until 1917. Children just used to take the name of their Father's dynasty or house, hence Prince Albert's children having that 'name'. But there's a heck of a lot more Scottish family members than German, the Queen is directly descended from Robert King of Scots from both her parents.
Our angry nationalist has clearly forgotten the Queen is also the daughter of Elizabeth Bowes Lyon, who was the daughter of the 14th Earl of Strathmore, an ancient Scottish title and owner of vast Scottish estates. But I daresay it doesn't fit with his fantasies.
Old Aug 30th 2019, 3:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fantasies ? Next time there is a State opening of the Westminster Parliament have a look at the mummery and fancy dress ! I acknowledge no princes or peers - I do not care if they are German, Scots or Viking. Time for a Republic.

At least North of The Tweed You guys Down South can watch your aristos strutting up and down and pretending that Victoria is still on the throne. The rest of the world does not share your delusions.

Last edited by scot47; Aug 30th 2019 at 4:21 pm.
Old Aug 30th 2019, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

Timmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond repute

But your new King Boris drinks iron bru...
Old Aug 30th 2019, 6:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Fantasies ? Next time there is a State opening of the Westminster Parliament have a look at the mummery and fancy dress ! I acknowledge no princes or peers - I do not care if they are German, Scots or Viking. Time for a Republic.

At least North of The Tweed You guys Down South can watch your aristos strutting up and down and pretending that Victoria is still on the throne. The rest of the world does not share your delusions.
Don't you have one of the most unequal land ownerships in the Western world in Scotland, the country of the great hereditary estates and shooting moors? Who own most of Scotland? Life south of the Tweed is much more modern than the fantasies north of the Tweed..... I'm not sure what justifies the modern Nats vision of some utopian egalitarian Scotland when your own history is so bloody with rival clans and aristocratic chiefs vying for power and simultaneously launching the highlands clearances on their own people. For god's sake, you're still running around in tartans that's mostly 19th century recreations than anything historic.

Or would you rather be talking about how fiscally responsible and productive Holyrood Parliament is? Oh, never mind, I daresay not..... after all, one only needs to look at the education sector and the drugs crisis north of the Tweed, but let's bury our head in the sand instead, right?
Old Sep 1st 2019, 4:41 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
Don't you have one of the most unequal land ownerships in the Western world in Scotland, the country of the great hereditary estates and shooting moors? Who own most of Scotland? Life south of the Tweed is much more modern than the fantasies north of the Tweed..... I'm not sure what justifies the modern Nats vision of some utopian egalitarian Scotland when your own history is so bloody with rival clans and aristocratic chiefs vying for power and simultaneously launching the highlands clearances on their own people. For god's sake, you're still running around in tartans that's mostly 19th century recreations than anything historic.

Or would you rather be talking about how fiscally responsible and productive Holyrood Parliament is? Oh, never mind, I daresay not..... after all, one only needs to look at the education sector and the drugs crisis north of the Tweed, but let's bury our head in the sand instead, right?
Try not to let him wind you up. We all know Scotland is a super place, but like every village, town or country it's got idiots aplenty.
We just so happen to have this nasty, vicious and bitter one reminding us of what the world was once like.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.