Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Top Five Feel Good Tunes

Top Five Feel Good Tunes

Old Aug 16th 2012, 12:18 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Top Five Feel Good Tunes

Just to resurrect this thread, here is NME's list of Top 50 most uplifting tunes ever:-

http://www.nme.com/photos/50-most-up...r/279564/1/1#1
Old Aug 16th 2012, 12:49 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Stones: You Can't Always Get What You Want
Cher: Walking in Memphis
U2: One
Lynyrd Skynyrd: Sweet Home Alabama
Van Morrison: Brown Eyed Girl
Meat Loaf: Paradise By the Dashboard Light
Supertramp: The Logical Song (but so many others to chose from)
The Who: 5:15
Old Aug 16th 2012, 1:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

Iggy Pop - Lust For Life
Minnie Ripperton - Loving You
Van Halen - Jump
Peter Tosh - Mama Africa
Led Zeppelin - Rain Song
Old Aug 16th 2012, 1:38 pm

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Stones: You Can't Always Get What You Want
Cher: Walking in Memphis
U2: One
Lynyrd Skynyrd: Sweet Home Alabama
Van Morrison: Brown Eyed Girl
Meat Loaf: Paradise By the Dashboard Light
Supertramp: The Logical Song (but so many others to chose from)
The Who: 5:15
I love 5:15 - that's a real barnstormer, screaming "Out of my brain on the train" along with old Rog was very therapeutic in my youth. Doesn't get much play though so nice to be reminded of it. And they were the (admittedly not very strongly contested) highlight of the 'Lympics closing ceremony along with, to my surprise, old Ray Davies.

You mention Van the Man also; quite a few of his to choose from but I would go with Real Gone - fantastic rising horn riff gets you going every time. BEG used to get played to death in the '80s when I was living in the US: seems to be his most popular song there.
Old Aug 16th 2012, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by Autonomy
Just to resurrect this thread, here is NME's list of Top 50 most uplifting tunes ever:-

http://www.nme.com/photos/50-most-up...r/279564/1/1#1
Wow, this just underlines the colossal fall in standards that the NME has suffered since the '70s and '80s glory days. Sure there are a few good suggestions in there but there are so many ordinary songs - Yellow, Go Your Own Way, Raspberry Beret etc etc FFS! - you wonder why (or whether) they even bothered...
Old Aug 16th 2012, 3:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Anne Thrope
Wow, this just underlines the colossal fall in standards that the NME has suffered since the '70s and '80s glory days. Sure there are a few good suggestions in there but there are so many ordinary songs - Yellow, Go Your Own Way, Raspberry Beret etc etc FFS! - you wonder why (or whether) they even bothered...
Bit harsh............. some good ones there (although I'd be interested to read their definition of the word 'uplifting'), along with a good few I've never heard of......

........ mind you, nothing by Coldplay can ever be regarded as up-anything (apart from up-its-own-rectum) so we can safely move on.
Old Aug 18th 2012, 2:33 pm
Banned

Little Boy is an unknown quantity at this point

If you think you love someone, if your pretty sure of it- I mean if you think you could love some woman if you got the chance to get to know her a little better...Then this is a great song. I just learned all the piano parts.

Last edited by Little Boy; Aug 18th 2012 at 3:00 pm.
Old Aug 24th 2012, 6:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Like this.......... which is just as well, as it's been all over the airwaves for the last few weeks. Nice video too.............

Old Aug 25th 2012, 1:41 pm

Oh come on people... Carter USM, nobody?????

There, among Youtube's finest moments: if that can't immediately lift your mood then you're dead!
Old Aug 25th 2012, 8:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Miss Anne Thrope
Oh come on people... Carter USM, nobody?????

There, among Youtube's finest moments: if that can't immediately lift your mood then you're dead!
Nobody apart from you liked them............