British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Top Five Feel Good Tunes (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/top-five-feel-good-tunes-767167/)

silversilver Aug 3rd 2012 11:19 pm

Top Five Feel Good Tunes

Without thinking about it too much - what are your top 5 feel good tunes?
After spending a day with my i-pod on shuffle something I rarely do - I discovered some old classics that I just love.

Shout to the Top - Style Council
There she goes -The La s
Mersey Paradise - Stone Roses (actually pretty much anything by the Stone Roses)
Young Hearts Run Free - Candi Staton
I'm every Woman - Chaka Khan

ps - I AM a hopeless technophobe - first of all put this thread in other forum then did not know how to delete title - so left an 'o' :eek:

RICH Aug 4th 2012 3:15 am

Re: Top Five Feel Good Tunes

I don't have a ready made list, but I'll give you 4 out of 5
Stone Roses don't really do it for me:)

britexpat76 Aug 4th 2012 8:23 am

Life in a Northern Town - Dream Academy, reminds me of home no matter where I am.

You've got the Love - Candi Staton

Dont stop believing - Journey, although Glee did their best to ruin it.

Sweet Caroline - Neil Diamond, one of the best sing along tunes of all time, and my Karaoke tune

Human - Killers

RICH Aug 4th 2012 8:49 am

Using the IPOD shuffle principle i came up with:

Cranberries-Linger
The Jam - That's Entertainment
Texas - Halo
Natalie Imbruglia - Torn
Boomtown Rats - Someone's looking a you

Millhouse Aug 4th 2012 9:10 am

There is just too many to mention and I couldn't give five 'all time faves'. So I'm going to go back in the days when I owned a pair of 1210s and would dance till 5am on a cocktail for proplus and snakie B's, I'd say the uplifting feel good stuff was:

- Children - Robert Myles
- For an Angel - Paul Van Dyke
- Offshore - Chicane
- Insomnia - Faithless
- Phatts & Small - Turnaround
I appreciate the Candi Staton remixes too.

I don't expect anyone to know or remember these tracks (except from Auto).

Nowadays, it's really anything - Flo Rida, Nicki Minaj (who I still can't decide if I would kill or ****), Pink, Katie Perry... I'm mainstream. :thumbsup:

britexpat76 Aug 4th 2012 9:15 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 10209693)
There is just too many to mention and I couldn't give five 'all time faves'. So I'm going to go back in the days when I owned a pair of 1210s and would dance till 5am on a cocktail for proplus and snakie B's, I'd say the uplifting feel good stuff was:

- Children - Robert Myles
- For an Angel - Paul Van Dyke
- Offshore - Chicane
- Insomnia - Faithless
- Phatts & Small - Turnaround
I appreciate the Candi Staton remixes too.

I don't expect anyone to know or remember these tracks (except from Auto).

Nowadays, it's really anything - Flo Rida, Nikki Minji (who I still can't decide if I would kill or ****), Pink, Katie Perry... I'm mainstream. :thumbsup:

I was at Creamfields when Paul Van Dyke 1st played For an Angel - Amazing. Also love Binary Finary from the same year.

Saw Faithless at Cardiff Uni too in 98/99 they were also amazing, I love Chicane, Saltwater has to be my favourite.

Phatts & Small????!!!

Beaverstate Aug 4th 2012 9:21 am

Originally Posted by britexpat76 (Post 10209639)
Life in a Northern Town - Dream Academy, reminds me of home no matter where I am.

You've got the Love - Candi Staton

Dont stop believing - Journey, although Glee did their best to ruin it.

Sweet Caroline - Neil Diamond, one of the best sing along tunes of all time, and my Karaoke tune

Human - Killers

Sweet Caroline, hate to admit it but the first song I knew well enough to sing by myself.:o

Millhouse Aug 4th 2012 9:22 am

Originally Posted by britexpat76 (Post 10209698)
I was at Creamfields when Paul Van Dyke 1st played For an Angel - Amazing. Also love Binary Finary from the same year.

Saw Faithless at Cardiff Uni too in 98/99 they were also amazing, I love Chicane, Saltwater has to be my favourite.

Phatts & Small????!!!

We may have been at the same Creamfields. Great day/night. Pity the car radio got nicked but hey ho - it wasn't my car.

Actually, the Phatts and Small track brings back happy memories. I opened a set on that track before K-Klass came on. I like a bit of cheesy house too.

Millhouse Aug 4th 2012 9:29 am

I would also like to put out there any 5 tracks from the following albums:

- Fatboy slim: You've Come a Long Way, Baby
- Fatboy slim: On the floor at the boutique
- Fergie: The dutchess

Not a bad track on any of those albums. In fact, the only albums I would say that about. Normally, there are only three good songs and the rest shite.

britexpat76 Aug 4th 2012 9:36 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 10209707)
We may have been at the same Creamfields. Great day/night. Pity the car radio got nicked but hey ho - it wasn't my car.

Actually, the Phatts and Small track brings back happy memories. I opened a set on that track before K-Klass came on. I like a bit of cheesy house too.

Think that was the year I did the Reverse Bungee in the ball whilst in a slight state of disrepair............I remember leaving at 5/6 am back to Leeds and thinking I was in an Airplane on a runway. Someone must of spiked my drink.............

britexpat76 Aug 4th 2012 10:09 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 10209710)
I would also like to put out there any 5 tracks from the following albums:

- Fatboy slim: You've Come a Long Way, Baby
- Fatboy slim: On the floor at the boutique
- Fergie: The dutchess

Not a bad track on any of those albums. In fact, the only albums I would say that about. Normally, there are only three good songs and the rest shite.

What about this little beauty, Dreaming - Ruff Driverz Presents Arrola, Delerium - Silence?

I feel the need to play the Euphoria album on the way home today........

silversilver Aug 4th 2012 10:26 am

I have now generated a saturday playlist from all your posts - life in a northern town - class I've not heard this for years, praise you - fatboy slim, silence delerium, insomnia faithless and into the mix im adding dario g and sunchyme!

Paracletus Aug 4th 2012 1:05 pm

Lemme have a go.

Most harmless song ever

Best background song ever

Well..

Nottingham's greatest sons know how to party

And when 2 seconds is enough, this is a classic

Thats a wholesome saturday..I'm having my coffee to this playlist.

Millhouse Aug 4th 2012 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by britexpat76 (Post 10209761)
What about this little beauty, Dreaming - Ruff Driverz Presents Arrola, Delerium - Silence?

I feel the need to play the Euphoria album on the way home today........

Delerium was always a bit too chilled for me. The Ruff Driverz however... classic stuff. Don't forget Deeper Love. Happy days in Shagaluf.

britexpat76 Aug 4th 2012 1:39 pm

Cafe del Mar was another classic from that era.........