Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Terrible cinema listings just now - why?

Terrible cinema listings just now - why?

Old Jul 13th 2014, 10:14 am
BE Enthusiast

the_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond repute
Default Terrible cinema listings just now - why?

What is it with the cinemas here at the moment? They are full of such dire films at a time of year when going to see one is one of the most attractive (and only) things to do. I checked out the listings over the weekend and there were 3 or 4 films newly on here, that had been released elsewhere 2 or more years ago and were hitting rating in the 3’s and 4’s on IMDB.

Ended up having to go and watch The Fault on our Stars which, although new, was tortuously bad.
Old Jul 13th 2014, 10:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Terrible cinema listings just now - why?

Originally Posted by the_red_sheep
What is it with the cinemas here at the moment? They are full of such dire films at a time of year when going to see one is one of the most attractive (and only) things to do. I checked out the listings over the weekend and there were 3 or 4 films newly on here, that had been released elsewhere 2 or more years ago and were hitting rating in the 3’s and 4’s on IMDB.

Ended up having to go and watch The Fault on our Stars which, although new, was tortuously bad.
Released delayed till after Ramadan...

Hollywood films delayed in the UAE | GulfNews.com
Old Jul 13th 2014, 11:45 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I used to love going to the cinema in the UK but just don't ever go here. Always put off with knowing it will be trimmed and all that.
Old Jul 13th 2014, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
I used to love going to the cinema in the UK but just don't ever go here. Always put off with knowing it will be trimmed and all that.
Old Aug 8th 2014, 2:11 pm
Banned

Gif2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Is Guardians of the Galaxy available to watch in cinemas in the Middle East? I am currently looking to visit soon and want to be able to watch this film if I get a little bit of a chance. I have heard fantastic things about it from many professional critics and it have become a must not miss for me so I was wondering if I could watch it when I get there?
Old Aug 9th 2014, 12:12 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gif2
Is Guardians of the Galaxy available to watch in cinemas in the Middle East?
Your first post is about a movie you could watch before you come here? Let me help you.
Old Aug 9th 2014, 3:55 pm
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

I have no idea what age those professional critics are and what they told you about the movie mate. This is, in a long list of other crap like it, nothing but a mindless thoughtless movie, made just for the sole purpose of enticing kids with other kids or kids with their unwilling parents so they can dish out cash for 2-3 hours of nothing but 'brown' non-stop action, why brown because it is similar to a bodily function, but atleast after that there is relief, whereas after watching this facade of a movie, one has lost time, money, brain cells and all self respect. As with all movies of its kind, no plot, no acting, no script and no memory of the movie 3 days after you have seen it. Over the past decade, there is widening chasm between movies and lemming entertainment and this falls in the latter category.

and yes I am having a bad day *sweet smile*