Tecom Investments

Old Jun 21st 2014, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

Chris_m is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tecom Investments

As above has anyone had any experience with setting up a company here. Any idea how strict there are on licensing i.e will they accomodate something that isn't in there segment list??

Have to call and ask tomorrow but with my scottish accent, It more often results in me hanging up none the wiser after 40mins haha.

Thanks Chris
Old Jun 22nd 2014, 5:14 am
BE Enthusiast

flood2 will become famous soon enoughflood2 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Tecom Investments

My friend has been looking to setup freezone company. The only one that could accommodate her degree was in health city. They wanted 120k+ AED a year for a empty shell of an office for her to run her business, even though she works in schools and peoples houses.

She went to see RAK freezone (they have offices in AD and Duabi)and they have been able to set her up as management consultant no problem, with much reduced costs.
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 6:46 am
Forum Regular

Chris_m is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by flood2
My friend has been looking to setup freezone company. The only one that could accommodate her degree was in health city. They wanted 120k+ AED a year for a empty shell of an office for her to run her business, even though she works in schools and peoples houses.

She went to see RAK freezone (they have offices in AD and Duabi)and they have been able to set her up as management consultant no problem, with much reduced costs.
The problem isn't the costs it's there limited licensing options. RAK is far too out of the way sadly.
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 7:18 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chris_m
The problem isn't the costs it's there limited licensing options. RAK is far too out of the way sadly.
but you said she doesn't need office space?

you can set up in Fujeirah or RAK and depending on the type of work you can legal live and work in Dubai from your home (if you provide services to clients at their premises etc).
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

flood2 will become famous soon enoughflood2 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Chris_m
If it is not on the list at Tecom they will not let her start her business there. Each freezone in Dubai and AD are set for particular businesses.

RAK in my friends case is just used for visas and business registration. You do not even have to leave Ad or Dubai as they have offices in these cities. All work for visas etc is done for you as part of the fee.