Taxi automatic fines

Old Apr 2nd 2010, 4:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Taxi automatic fines

Originally Posted by Jeeper
This is my issue with what you say.
You seem to think (incorrectly) that because a road is signed 80 but the camera goes off at 120, the sign must be wrong.
It's not.

The speed limit is 80.

You will be fined if you go over 120.
You can decide to travel down that road at 119 if you wish, you won't get a camera fine, probably nothing will happen. But you are nevertheless exceeding the speed limit.

It's that simple.

...and in that example - i am pretty certain that if you got a speeding ticket doing 125kph you would be fined for exceeding the speed limit by 45kph - not 5kph.
in some cases the signs are wrong. if you are in dxb you wouldnt know which bit of road in abu dhabi i am referring to in this particular example, there are a few, but for this point that i am making. in the uk the speed of the roads are determined where they are, near a school, how many junction/side roads etc etc. in this example i am referring to its a motorway, 4 lane highway, which is 120 and then suddenly it changes to 80....!there is nothing around it, apart from an adnoc a way before it. there are no sharp hairpin bends or hills or bridges or rivers or anything, absolutely no need for the signage to be different. and thats the point i am making, sometimes the signage is wrong.

if you were doing 125 when the limit is 120 then you are definately over the speed limit and yes now they have changed the fines you would be penalised more, but then you shouldnt go over the "allowable" limits. if on the ad/dxb road if you were to be stopped by a police car doing 161 then you would be penalised more heavily that is what they said when they raised the limits a couple of years ago, this was before they raised the fines to go up 100 dhs per 10 kms over....... so everyone knows that you have a grace period.

now get off your highhorse, or sports car and get a life i am not going to get into an argument on this subject again. just accept that we have different opinions on this and thats the way it is, we are all entitlted to our own
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 8:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2
in some cases the signs are wrong. if you are in dxb you wouldnt know which bit of road in abu dhabi i am referring to in this particular example, there are a few, but for this point that i am making. in the uk the speed of the roads are determined where they are, near a school, how many junction/side roads etc etc. in this example i am referring to its a motorway, 4 lane highway, which is 120 and then suddenly it changes to 80....!there is nothing around it, apart from an adnoc a way before it. there are no sharp hairpin bends or hills or bridges or rivers or anything, absolutely no need for the signage to be different. and thats the point i am making, sometimes the signage is wrong.

if you were doing 125 when the limit is 120 then you are definately over the speed limit and yes now they have changed the fines you would be penalised more, but then you shouldnt go over the "allowable" limits. if on the ad/dxb road if you were to be stopped by a police car doing 161 then you would be penalised more heavily that is what they said when they raised the limits a couple of years ago, this was before they raised the fines to go up 100 dhs per 10 kms over....... so everyone knows that you have a grace period.

now get off your highhorse, or sports car and get a life i am not going to get into an argument on this subject again. just accept that we have different opinions on this and thats the way it is, we are all entitlted to our own
It's not about opinions....It's about facts. Your definition of 'allowable limit; is warped to the limit at which you'll get fined rather than the correct limit which is that which is sign posted under which you're compelled to obey under the road code under which you were licensed.

If you get a fine on the abu d highway doing 161...are you penalised for being 1 kph over the speed limit or 41?

Last edited by Jeeper; Apr 2nd 2010 at 8:24 pm.
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 10:23 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Jeez, guys. Like, get a room, dude.
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 3:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
dont worry not playing ball any more..... like a scratched record
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 4:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
you beat me to it. The way these two bicker they really should just book a night in the Park Rotana and get it out of their system.
Old Apr 5th 2010, 7:37 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
you beat me to it. The way these two bicker they really should just book a night in the Park Rotana and get it out of their system.
But that would be illegal coz they're not married. And just because there's no security camera in their room doesn't make it legal just coz nobody's looking. Err, that sorta sounds familiar... Wish I hadn't started all this.