Tailors

Old Oct 5th 2011, 10:52 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Tailors

going to viva style lounge later, bloke said it's in front of Satwat Mosque.

google-mapping it, it looks like that's on the same street as Ravi's the cuzza house, down from the Rydges Hotel roundabout...am I sort of right?
Old Oct 6th 2011, 5:29 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

OK, well I found it.

Ordered two suits, pure wool etc (well, that's what they said and it felt like...I think).

Rapid service, got a fitting on Sunday afternoon then it will be ready 5/6 days later. I know there are quicker but that's a good turnaround in my books.

Price wise, 600dhs to make it, this was 250dhs a yard and unfortunately I need 4 yards

for two suits we started at full price; 3,200.

we agreed and shook hands at 2,500... quite happy with just over 400quid for two tailor made suits.

I'm sure there are cheaper / better / quicker but that seems quite good. The lad i went with didn't want to spend 13/1400 on a suit there, insisted on going some place like Zara etc to get one and then get it adjusted if needed, turns out they are all more expensive and made of plastic.

Therefore - Scamp's nugget of advice for the day. Go buy a tailor made suit....although, maybe wait until i've tried it on and then seen the finished article.
Old Oct 6th 2011, 5:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
OK, well I found it.

Ordered two suits, pure wool etc (well, that's what they said and it felt like...I think).

Rapid service, got a fitting on Sunday afternoon then it will be ready 5/6 days later. I know there are quicker but that's a good turnaround in my books.

Price wise, 600dhs to make it, this was 250dhs a yard and unfortunately I need 4 yards

for two suits we started at full price; 3,200.

we agreed and shook hands at 2,500... quite happy with just over 400quid for two tailor made suits.

I'm sure there are cheaper / better / quicker but that seems quite good. The lad i went with didn't want to spend 13/1400 on a suit there, insisted on going some place like Zara etc to get one and then get it adjusted if needed, turns out they are all more expensive and made of plastic.

Therefore - Scamp's nugget of advice for the day. Go buy a tailor made suit....although, maybe wait until i've tried it on and then seen the finished article.
I've had a number of shirts from that place. I've been paying around 120Dh a shirt. They are great. Pick up two more this evening.
Old Oct 6th 2011, 7:10 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I've had a number of shirts from that place. I've been paying around 120Dh a shirt. They are great. Pick up two more this evening.
That a good deal.

Lad with me last night got three shirts for 580. Nice materials though, two of them felt like the lush Lewin / Pink ones.