Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Sure-thing date movies.....

Sure-thing date movies.....

Old Oct 1st 2007, 7:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sure-thing date movies.....

So it was a slow night last night & I raided my DVD collection and pulled out Roberto Begnini's Le Tigre e la Neve.....

And i figured what an utterly brilliant date movie....

So ladies & gents - what would your vehicle of propaganda be to aid in the battle to win over or be won over?
Old Oct 1st 2007, 7:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sure-thing date movies.....

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
So it was a slow night last night & I raided my DVD collection and pulled out Roberto Begnini's Le Tigre e la Neve.....

http://www.abc.net.au/atthemovies/im...36/tiger01.jpg

So ladies & gents - what would your vehicle of propaganda be to aid in the battle to win over or be won over?
has to be Debbie does Dallas
Old Oct 1st 2007, 7:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
has to be Debbie does Dallas
oh dear. i need to speak to your cad coach.
Old Oct 1st 2007, 7:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

oh dear. i need to speak to your cad coach.
a very good friend and former squeeze of mine used to make me go to watch horror films with her! I hate horror films, especially ones where after being dragged there by her, my friend announces 5 minutes into the film that she has already seen it
Old Oct 1st 2007, 7:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
a very good friend and former squeeze of mine used to make me go to watch horror films with her! I hate horror films, especially ones where after being dragged there by her, my friend announces 5 minutes into the film that she has already seen it
a gal with a taste for the gothic? hmm, bet that was interesting when you got home.
Old Oct 1st 2007, 7:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

a gal with a taste for the gothic? hmm, bet that was interesting when you got home.
suppose its better than being dragged to watch a Hugh Grant movie
now that would be a real horror!
Old Oct 1st 2007, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Paidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond repute

What works for me is a film that both makes me laugh and cry...... Ohhhhh luck would be on the cards .....
Old Oct 1st 2007, 8:19 am
Greying Member

Rog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of light

http://www.abc.net.au/atthemovies/im...36/tiger01.jpg

Went to see Borat in Leicester Square whilst back last year. There was a couple clearly on their first date in front of us. The mutual squirming and uncertainty whether to laugh or not exhibited by the young couple whilst the principals were having their naked wrestling scene was equally as funny as what was up on the screen.

Not the sort of thing to be viewing on the first date if you're the shy retiring type!
Old Oct 1st 2007, 8:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Paidtoplease
What works for me is a film that both makes me laugh and cry...... Ohhhhh luck would be on the cards .....
Oh yes indeed - that's why the Begnini flick would work so well. But with plus points of a Ulyssian style anti-hero (which guy can measure up to a swash-buckling male lead? Better to go for the dis-arming, fumbling but ultimately utterly romantic character), some wry political commentary (the action vacillitates between the bohemian charm of the University district of Rome, and a hospital in war-torn Baghdad)...oh, and has a smoochy Tom Waits & Paolo Conte soundtrack...

Total knicker-gate material....
Old Oct 1st 2007, 8:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Rog_Rams
Went to see Borat in Leicester Square whilst back last year. There was a couple clearly on their first date in front of us. The mutual squirming and uncertainty whether to laugh or not exhibited by the young couple whilst the principals were having their naked wrestling scene was equally as funny as what was up on the screen.

Not the sort of thing to be viewing on the first date if you're the shy retiring type!
i love the naked wrestling scene... but the highlight of the movie is his speech at the rodeo....
Old Oct 1st 2007, 8:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Paidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=shakh your bootie;5373001]Oh yes indeed - that's why the Begnini flick would work so well. But with plus points of a Ulyssian style anti-hero (which guy can measure up to a swash-buckling male lead? Better to go for the dis-arming, fumbling but ultimately utterly romantic character), some wry political commentary (the action vacillitates between the bohemian charm of the University district of Rome, and a hospital in war-torn Baghdad)...oh, and has a smoochy Tom Waits & Paolo Conte soundtrack...
Total knicker-gate material....[/QUOTE]

I guess.....
Old Oct 1st 2007, 8:33 am
Greying Member

Rog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of light

i love the naked wrestling scene... but the highlight of the movie is his speech at the rodeo....
We support your war of terror!

One letter - genius!
Old Oct 1st 2007, 8:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Rog_Rams
We support your war of terror!

One letter - genius!

"we will not rest until every man, woman and child in Iraq has been killed, burned and raped...." (or words to that effect)
Old Oct 1st 2007, 8:38 am
Greying Member

"we will not rest until every man, woman and child in Iraq has been killed, burned and raped...." (or words to that effect)
May George Bush drink the blood of every single man, woman and child of Iraq!

(Cue uproarious cheering from assembled throng of rednecks)!
Old Oct 1st 2007, 8:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Paidtoplease
then go to a comedy with an ugly boring bloke! You'll laugh at the film and cry every time you look at him

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.