British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Sure-thing date movies..... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/sure-thing-date-movies-484554/)

shakh your bootie Oct 1st 2007 7:19 am

Sure-thing date movies.....

So it was a slow night last night & I raided my DVD collection and pulled out Roberto Begnini's Le Tigre e la Neve.....

http://www.abc.net.au/atthemovies/im...36/tiger01.jpg

And i figured what an utterly brilliant date movie....

So ladies & gents - what would your vehicle of propaganda be to aid in the battle to win over or be won over?

Inselaffen Oct 1st 2007 7:21 am

Re: Sure-thing date movies.....

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie (Post 5372869)
So it was a slow night last night & I raided my DVD collection and pulled out Roberto Begnini's Le Tigre e la Neve.....

So ladies & gents - what would your vehicle of propaganda be to aid in the battle to win over or be won over?

has to be Debbie does Dallas ;)

shakh your bootie Oct 1st 2007 7:23 am

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 5372876)
has to be Debbie does Dallas ;)

oh dear. i need to speak to your cad coach.

Inselaffen Oct 1st 2007 7:49 am

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie (Post 5372881)
oh dear. i need to speak to your cad coach.

a very good friend and former squeeze of mine used to make me go to watch horror films with her! I hate horror films, especially ones where after being dragged there by her, my friend announces 5 minutes into the film that she has already seen it :mad:

shakh your bootie Oct 1st 2007 7:54 am

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 5372921)
a very good friend and former squeeze of mine used to make me go to watch horror films with her! I hate horror films, especially ones where after being dragged there by her, my friend announces 5 minutes into the film that she has already seen it :mad:

a gal with a taste for the gothic? hmm, bet that was interesting when you got home.

Inselaffen Oct 1st 2007 7:56 am

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie (Post 5372936)
a gal with a taste for the gothic? hmm, bet that was interesting when you got home.

suppose its better than being dragged to watch a Hugh Grant movie :p
now that would be a real horror!

Paidtoplease Oct 1st 2007 7:58 am

What works for me is a film that both makes me laugh and cry...... Ohhhhh luck would be on the cards .....

Rog_Rams Oct 1st 2007 8:19 am

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie (Post 5372869)

Went to see Borat in Leicester Square whilst back last year. There was a couple clearly on their first date in front of us. The mutual squirming and uncertainty whether to laugh or not exhibited by the young couple whilst the principals were having their naked wrestling scene was equally as funny as what was up on the screen.

Not the sort of thing to be viewing on the first date if you're the shy retiring type!

shakh your bootie Oct 1st 2007 8:24 am

Originally Posted by Paidtoplease (Post 5372941)
What works for me is a film that both makes me laugh and cry...... Ohhhhh luck would be on the cards .....

Oh yes indeed - that's why the Begnini flick would work so well. But with plus points of a Ulyssian style anti-hero (which guy can measure up to a swash-buckling male lead? Better to go for the dis-arming, fumbling but ultimately utterly romantic character), some wry political commentary (the action vacillitates between the bohemian charm of the University district of Rome, and a hospital in war-torn Baghdad)...oh, and has a smoochy Tom Waits & Paolo Conte soundtrack...

Total knicker-gate material....

shakh your bootie Oct 1st 2007 8:25 am

Originally Posted by Rog_Rams (Post 5372982)
Went to see Borat in Leicester Square whilst back last year. There was a couple clearly on their first date in front of us. The mutual squirming and uncertainty whether to laugh or not exhibited by the young couple whilst the principals were having their naked wrestling scene was equally as funny as what was up on the screen.

Not the sort of thing to be viewing on the first date if you're the shy retiring type!

i love the naked wrestling scene... but the highlight of the movie is his speech at the rodeo....

Paidtoplease Oct 1st 2007 8:26 am

[QUOTE=shakh your bootie;5373001]Oh yes indeed - that's why the Begnini flick would work so well. But with plus points of a Ulyssian style anti-hero (which guy can measure up to a swash-buckling male lead? Better to go for the dis-arming, fumbling but ultimately utterly romantic character), some wry political commentary (the action vacillitates between the bohemian charm of the University district of Rome, and a hospital in war-torn Baghdad)...oh, and has a smoochy Tom Waits & Paolo Conte soundtrack...
Total knicker-gate material....[/QUOTE]

I guess.....

Rog_Rams Oct 1st 2007 8:33 am

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie (Post 5373004)
i love the naked wrestling scene... but the highlight of the movie is his speech at the rodeo....

We support your war of terror!

One letter - genius!

shakh your bootie Oct 1st 2007 8:36 am

Originally Posted by Rog_Rams (Post 5373031)
We support your war of terror!

One letter - genius!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

"we will not rest until every man, woman and child in Iraq has been killed, burned and raped...." (or words to that effect)

Rog_Rams Oct 1st 2007 8:38 am

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie (Post 5373036)
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

"we will not rest until every man, woman and child in Iraq has been killed, burned and raped...." (or words to that effect)

May George Bush drink the blood of every single man, woman and child of Iraq!

(Cue uproarious cheering from assembled throng of rednecks)!

Inselaffen Oct 1st 2007 8:44 am

Originally Posted by Paidtoplease (Post 5372941)

then go to a comedy with an ugly boring bloke! You'll laugh at the film and cry every time you look at him :p