Super Sunday

Old Jan 15th 2013, 2:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Super Sunday

Originally Posted by co durham boy
Now the Dutch player i'd pay money to go and see . I take your point that you need these players in a side to make the balance right .

My original point was that we need a different type of midfield player to unlock world class teams at the highest level .

Jack Wilshere is our best bet since Gazza and Scholes . Remember they called Didier Deschamps the water carrier but he didnt turn games .

The left that to a fella called Zinedene Zidane....
Since Huddlestone has failed to live up to his promise of 3-4 years ago (Scamp calls him Hundredstone but Spurs fans once called him Hoddle'sson, remember?) it will probably be left to Cleverley to do the Scholes job - he is a bit hit-and-miss but that will disappear as he gains experience. Heck, he's even got Scholes to mentor him up there - he even runs like Scholes and has the same uncanny knack of 'right place at the right time' that PS was always known for. Wilshere might prove to be The Real Thing but if I was voting in a 'Current Young Player Most Likely To Win 100 Caps' poll, it would be Cleverly who got my vote.

And please don't mention Gascoigne in the same sentence as Scholes. Gifted beyond belief, Gazza, but nowhere near Scholes's influence......