Pinoy Passports

Old Jan 6th 2013, 7:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Pinoy Passports

My Maid's passport has less than 6 months to run. She goes away next week for a while. Her visa is new.

Will she have problems getting back in to the UAE? (or out of the Pips?)
Old Jan 6th 2013, 7:51 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pinoy Passports

Starting to show?
Old Jan 6th 2013, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

desert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nice

Originally Posted by Millhouse
My Maid's passport has less than 6 months to run. She goes away next week for a while. Her visa is new.

Will she have problems getting back in to the UAE? (or out of the Pips?)
She can get a new passport in Abu Dhabi only takes a couple of days if you are lucky.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 8:19 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by desert-rat
She can get a new passport in Abu Dhabi only takes a couple of days if you are lucky.
It took my maid a month to get a new one, that was in October.

What does the embassy say in regards to travelling on a work permit longer than the passport's validity?
Old Jan 7th 2013, 10:15 am
BE Enthusiast

dubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Starting to show?
Post of the week. FACT.
Old Jan 12th 2013, 2:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Debowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really nice

Originally Posted by al dente
It took my maid a month to get a new one, that was in October.

What does the embassy say in regards to travelling on a work permit longer than the passport's validity?
The old passport with the visa gets stabled to the new passport once she gets it. However she should enter the UAE prior to expiration of her visa. Once she gets a new renewal of her visa it will be stuck to her new passport and she should use that one. It is better if she gets her new passport in UAE before going back to the Philippines.
Old Jan 12th 2013, 4:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

OK, what we got told:

1) Go to the pinoy embassy in Abu Dhabi
2) Ask to renew the passport (360Dh)
3) Renewal takes a few weeks, in the meantime they will provide a 1 year extension to the passport on the same day.
4) We'll stable the two until the visa expires - little point in that really as I doubt she will travel again before it expires.

she is doing this tomorrow... let's see how it goes.
Old Jan 12th 2013, 8:03 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
OK, what we got told:

1) Go to the pinoy embassy in Abu Dhabi
2) Ask to renew the passport (360Dh)
3) Renewal takes a few weeks, in the meantime they will provide a 1 year extension to the passport on the same day.
4) We'll stable the two until the visa expires - little point in that really as I doubt she will travel again before it expires.

she is doing this tomorrow... let's see how it goes.
Told you.
Old Jan 12th 2013, 7:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

I hazard a guess that the "Kabayan" get better service from their consular sections than the unfortunate Brits.
Old Jan 13th 2013, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

desert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nice

Originally Posted by scot47
I hazard a guess that the "Kabayan" get better service from their consular sections than the unfortunate Brits.
And so they should.
Old Jan 14th 2013, 4:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Starting to show?
Without a doubt the best comment I have seen on this site in years
Old Jan 15th 2013, 6:14 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Debowing
The old passport with the visa gets stabled to the new passport once she gets it. However she should enter the UAE prior to expiration of her visa. Once she gets a new renewal of her visa it will be stuck to her new passport and she should use that one. It is better if she gets her new passport in UAE before going back to the Philippines.
I know that but i was wondering that if you only have 5 months left on your passport ,but your visa is still valid for 9 months, whether that gives some leeway for the passort 6 months rule? Ot does it not matter and the 6 months rule is set in stone.