The Summer then...

Old Aug 9th 2010, 6:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Summer then...

Originally Posted by Autonomy
You're dull beyond belief....
Dull as ditchwater darling lol
Old Aug 9th 2010, 6:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bakerboy
You've got your head so far up your ass you can chew your food twice.
Hmmmm ..very classy darling, what charm school were you expelled from?
Old Aug 9th 2010, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

Bakerboy is an unknown quantity at this point

You're dull beyond belief....
Sorry, please remind me when did you post something interesting, funny or slightly amusing??

For some reason You have an inferiority complex - and it's fully justified.
Old Aug 9th 2010, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
Dull as ditchwater darling lol

There are several people in this world that I find obnoxious and you are all of them.
Old Aug 9th 2010, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

There are several people in this world that I find obnoxious and you are all of them.

I find it so funny that you post a sensible question, and end up in a tag team verbal slanging match.....
I really do not understand why people are on here if they can not simply answer the question! If you want someone to talk to, phone a friend!!

Old Aug 9th 2010, 7:08 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm really curious, please don't take this as some sort of attack.

I've posted here for years and have given advice and received great advice. Had some fun. No worries.

I could be wrong, but the majority of your posts of about 16 in a few hours have just been in the nature of what is commonly known as a troll.

If you are a trolling - what's the attraction - please be honest? If you are not, why so aggressive?
Old Aug 9th 2010, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

I'm really curious, please don't take this as some sort of attack.

I've posted here for years and have given advice and received great advice. Had some fun. No worries.

I could be wrong, but the majority of your posts of about 16 in a few hours have just been in the nature of what is commonly known as a troll.

If you are a trolling - what's the attraction - please be honest? If you are not, why so aggressive?
Hi Autonomy.
Sorry If I have appear this way. I asked a sensible question, and was pretty much slated.
I am new to DXB and was advised that not all on this site are friendly, and to expect something like this. True to life, it happened to me!!
I have the strong feeling that it is like a little club, and not all are made to feel welcome! My problem I guess! But, unfortunately I do not suffer fools gladly....
Old Aug 9th 2010, 7:24 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Autonomy.
Sorry If I have appear this way. I asked a sensible question, and was pretty much slated.
I am new to DXB and was advised that not all on this site are friendly, and to expect something like this. True to life, it happened to me!!
I have the strong feeling that it is like a little club, and not all are made to feel welcome! My problem I guess! But, unfortunately I do not suffer fools gladly....
It mostly depends on the attitude of the new poster.
Old Aug 9th 2010, 7:36 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Autonomy.
Hi Bakerboy,

I speak for me only, but the point of this site is to be welcoming to new comers and as a virtual community after 5 plus years I still find this to be true.

If you are new to DXB (f you use such abbreviation for Dubai I doubt you're new) then why would you have been advised this site is not friendly? Do you usually ask for recommendations before using a forum? We're not Google, nobody famous posts here, why would you know the site?

Maybe we are like a little club - you know why? People come here, get advice and leave - cool, fine. People come here, get advice, give advice, have a laugh, get on with there life... fine.... but I think the difference is that people have dropped in here for years and keep doing so, not 'cos we're all mates (I've met next to no one here) but we are on a wavelength and generally do wish to help.... But we also welcome new people of course, but trolls are very, very dull....

So - please - if you would like some advice, please ask. Want to have a laugh, great, but be funny (!), if you want to be a twat - please don't - it's just dull.... if I got you wrong, I apologise but on balance your 18 posts have been pretty negative....
Old Aug 9th 2010, 7:42 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ethos83
She is currently a personal trainer in DXB yet she manages to have a large villa of her own, a full time housekeeper, brunches weekly and shops frequently.

Methinks there's a generous ex husband somewhere in the mix.
not really, I've seen how much she charges.

Old Aug 9th 2010, 7:44 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
I'm with you. It takes balls to go it alone. I keep considering going alone and backing away, it's not an easy move, especially here where it's very expensive.
I've been freelancing on my own since November when I lost my job, its been up and down, I've been royally treat like shit and ripped off, and also done some great work for great people.

I absolutely love it. (Mostly)
Old Aug 9th 2010, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Bakerboy,

I speak for me only, but the point of this site is to be welcoming to new comers and as a virtual community after 5 plus years I still find this to be true.

If you are new to DXB (f you use such abbreviation for Dubai I doubt you're new) then why would you have been advised this site is not friendly? Do you usually ask for recommendations before using a forum? We're not Google, nobody famous posts here, why would you know the site?

Maybe we are like a little club - you know why? People come here, get advice and leave - cool, fine. People come here, get advice, give advice, have a laugh, get on with there life... fine.... but I think the difference is that people have dropped in here for years and keep doing so, not 'cos we're all mates (I've met next to no one here) but we are on a wavelength and generally do wish to help.... But we also welcome new people of course, but trolls are very, very dull....

So - please - if you would like some advice, please ask. Want to have a laugh, great, but be funny (!), if you want to be a twat - please don't - it's just dull.... if I got you wrong, I apologise but on balance your 18 posts have been pretty negative....

Hi Autonomy,

Thanks for your reply.
We have to agree to disagree on certain points.
Please remember that not all personalities are the same. You, me and others have no right to have a go at someone without expecting a response.....
And it was a posting on another Middle east site that commented on this site. In fact quiet a few people commented that the site was unfriendly.
I have to agree - I was willing to give it a go though. Only a couple of people answered, the rest were taking the pee. Do you really feel people act like this in real life? As you know, it is easy to hide behind a joke name and picture. I normally find that people who act in a condesending way normally are not what they seem in real life. In here they can pretend to be somebody they are not. Or they are simply bullies. who i absolutely detest.
If I found this from anybody in my employ or if any of my friends acted this way, they would be out.
You are right, I was a regular visitor to DXB, but now spread my year living between London and Here.
May I ask whay your employ is?
Old Aug 9th 2010, 8:12 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Bakerboy, Hi, and welcome aboard!

My problem I guess! But, unfortunately I do not suffer fools gladly....
May I suggest you work on it?
http://britishexpats.com/site-rules/

You don't need to rise to the bait, and if you feel someone has abused you, please use the 'report' button. In the meantime, pleased to meetcha, and I'll be eager to read your posts.
Old Aug 9th 2010, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by meauxna
Bakerboy, Hi, and welcome aboard!

May I suggest you work on it?
http://britishexpats.com/site-rules/

You don't need to rise to the bait, and if you feel someone has abused you, please use the 'report' button. In the meantime, pleased to meetcha, and I'll be eager to read your posts.
Thank you so much! It is one of the nicest replys i have had on here!!
I will certainly read up on the rules.
Old Aug 9th 2010, 8:28 pm