Spanking

Old Oct 2nd 2009, 3:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spanking

Originally Posted by buddymom
Please explain to me how The States are responsible for bratty little British children running amok in restaurants, destroying blinds and not being reprimanded by their parents.??

A huge pet peeve of mine...do parents not realize that HOT food and beverages are served in restaurants, and your child running amok is hindering the servers duty to deliver these items to sir and madam. Endangering the child, and surely the employee , who will lose their job , if Precious or Master is accidently spilled hot coffee upon.

I was spanked,.... I spanked my kids and none of us have turned out better or worse for the wear.

Sometimes I think the parents need a spanking, rather than the child.
Its NOT a fine line between spanking and abuse,....it's common sense.
In fairness he never said it was a British child.

The thing that always interests me about the statement that 'Our generation were hit, and look at us, it did us no harm' is that most will agree that society (i.e 'our generation') has degenerated from the generation before it (i.e. the ones doing the smacking – clearly therefore smacking isn’t the answer…

Children need attention, smacking them actually gives them attention and therefore 'rewards' them for bad behaviour...take that away from them instead. It's not playing and interacting with them that causes them to be naughty in the first place.
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 4:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by buddymom
Please explain to me how The States are responsible for bratty little British children running amok in restaurants, destroying blinds and not being reprimanded by their parents.??

A huge pet peeve of mine...do parents not realize that HOT food and beverages are served in restaurants, and your child running amok is hindering the servers duty to deliver these items to sir and madam. Endangering the child, and surely the employee , who will lose their job , if Precious or Master is accidently spilled hot coffee upon.

I was spanked,.... I spanked my kids and none of us have turned out better or worse for the wear.

Sometimes I think the parents need a spanking, rather than the child.
Its NOT a fine line between spanking and abuse,....it's common sense.
I spanked my kids and none of us have turned out better or worse

So what was the point then?
Old Oct 6th 2009, 5:50 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

As long as children know why they are being spanked there's no harm.

My father was 50 when he had me so I had a glimpse of what life for children a generation before me was like, belts and all...yet I can honestly say I deserved most of it - I was incredibly creative in the destruction I caused as a kid, from setting dustbins on fire to biting till there was blood. It's only something smaller or stupid children understand or need often. An older child can be spoken to and will understand when they are usually without the need for spanking.

Many children have it too easy these days - a balance is desireable. I fully support corporal punishment...and would like to see it debated by lawmakers because I think a few lashes would put a lot of petty criminals off crime these days.

N.

Last edited by Norm_uk; Oct 6th 2009 at 6:01 pm.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 5:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

I am not adverse to a little spanking
Old Oct 6th 2009, 6:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
As long as children know why they are being spanked there's no harm.

My father was 50 when he had me so I had a glimpse of what life for children a generation before me was like, belts and all...yet I can honestly say I deserved most of it - I was incredibly creative in the destruction I caused as a kid, from setting dustbins on fire to biting till there was blood. It's only something smaller or stupid children understand or need often. An older child can be spoken to and will understand when they are usually without the need for spanking.

Many children have it too easy these days - a balance is desireable. I fully support corporal punishment...and would like to see it debated by lawmakers because I think a few lashes would put a lot of petty criminals off crime these days.

N.
How old is your definition of an older child? or more to the point, how young is the child that you would be prepared to take a belt to their ass?

A belt can never be justified.