Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Someones been in my flat

Someones been in my flat

Old Jul 31st 2010, 7:11 am
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Someones been in my flat

pop in to the police station.

As a woman alone in this country, they will take it very very seriously.
At least there will be a record of the report, and a 'history' of someone getting in without permission. It's worth the hassle.

Change the lock- who cares what the lease says? The only way they will find out is if they try to get in again.

Forget about the chain- if they get that far, and see the chain, they will assume you're in (how can she do up the chain from the outside? she must be drunk. let's get in there quick) and they will cause a lot of damage trying to get in.

OR, they might htink 'oh god she's in- let's shut the door quietly and pissoff"
Old Jul 31st 2010, 7:21 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

check your rental agreement, it should have a clause that states if the landlord can enter your property (in case he wants to show it to new tentants/buyers) and how much notice he should be giving you.
Old Jul 31st 2010, 1:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

BurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Toast Patterson
Is everybody renting? Do any of you own your own homes? I know you're all making good money...
What does buying property have to do with making good money?
Old Jul 31st 2010, 3:14 pm
Banned

Toast Patterson is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BurpusMe
What does buying property have to do with making good money?
It's kind of basic to want to own the dwelling you and your family live in..
Old Jul 31st 2010, 3:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed, but there is a time and place (and legal framework) for that. Sadly, here none of that exists - not forgetting that the houses here deteriorate faster than American cars.
Old Jul 31st 2010, 4:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

Not in every country. All my Berlin friends don't understand my obsession with property.
Old Jul 31st 2010, 4:32 pm
Banned

Toast Patterson is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by seven seas
Not in every country. All my Berlin friends don't understand my obsession with property.
Hey-they aren't making anymore land (except in Dubai) so it's the only real investment. I want as much as I can get too and gold has no intrinsic value.

Anyway- Heres a tip: Buy all the GM stock you can on their Initial Public Offering later this month. My sources within the UAW tell me they are hiding money everywhere-It's solid as a rock.
Btw that tip is a BE exclusive, I'm not sharing it with anyone else
Old Jul 31st 2010, 9:39 pm
hnd
BE Forum Addict

hnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Toast Patterson "I know you're all making good money..."

How do you know that? You don't know me or my personal circumstances at all.
Old Aug 1st 2010, 7:28 am
Mary Poppins 4evah!

Umbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really nice

Originally Posted by hnd
Quote Toast Patterson "I know you're all making good money..."

How do you know that? You don't know me or my personal circumstances at all.
All I know is that you are a goat, or something resembling one (my eyes are too bad to make out your avatar).

If I put one and one together I know that I get two. Thus, you are a wealthy goat. I can further hypothesize that you wear a gold, goat, nose ring and have a "Goat Crib" with heaps of "Goat Bling."

Am I close?

U.
Attached Thumbnails Someones been in my flat-goat-umbrella.jpg  
Old Aug 1st 2010, 7:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Umbrella
All I know is that you are a goat, or something resembling one (my eyes are too bad to make out your avatar).

If I put one and one together I know that I get two. Thus, you are a wealthy goat. I can further hypothesize that you wear a gold, goat, nose ring and have a "Goat Crib" with heaps of "Goat Bling."

Am I close?

U.
you need to ease off the meths mate
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 5:32 pm
IOGM

Spikus will become famous soon enough

Is everybody renting? Do any of you own your own homes? I know you're all making good money...
There are many intl. companies that incentivize renting to retain mobility status. Buy and you can lose out on allowances and utilities.... ends up costing you money compared to renting. Of course, if you are confident in appreciation potential then the calculation is different.
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 4:28 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Umbrella
If you think that his avatar is of a goat, you definitely need optical assistance.